We can beat those fkers

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

We can beat those fkers

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Collingwood are the same as us: 2-3. The two teams they've beaten are decidedly ordinary: Freo (at the MCG), and Richmond. They've lost two games to teams we've beaten (Kangaroos and Carlton) and lost a game to Brisbane in wet and muddy conditions that should've suited them down to the ground.

On our side of the ledger, we've beaten one middle-of-the-road team (Kangaroos) and one ordinary team (Carlton). Our 3 losses have come against a team that's lost four times in its last 30 matches (Geelong), a team that will probably be 5-0 after today (Bulldogs), and a team that quite a few people (not me) still think will be top 4 by year's end (St Kilda).

We've got an extra day's break, and Collingwood will be coming off their second 6 day break in a row against us having played a pretty tough match against the Kangaroos last night. We're not as consistent as Collingwood are - no doubt that our worst is worse than their worst. But i reckon our best is better than their best.

We're definitely capable of beating those f****** and i'll be very disappointed, injuries or not, if we don't.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Re: We can beat those fkers

Post by Doctor Fish »

First thing we should do come Anzac Day is test out Alan Didak's shoulder. Didn't look too flash last night. Would be a bonus for us if he can't play...

I hope you're right Jimmy.

[-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Get reimers to do it.

On the flip side of what Jimmy said, not having Lucas and McVeigh will hurt in a game like this. We severly lack leadership at the moment and unless Lloyd kicks 8 and NLM decides to turn up and kick a couple, we will lose.
If we had Jetta, Dempsey, McVeigh, it will really help out our midfield enormously, and probably get us over the line. Fact it, Watson is down on form, Stanton is slowly getting better but you cant expect him to get a hard ball and against Collingwood, that i crucial.
We have been 2nd to the ball most weeks, and Collingwood are much better than the bulldogs and St. Kilda in the hard ball contests.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

The first thing we need to do is put Davey straight on to Heath Shaw. Play him as a forward tagger, and tell him to give the little fcker grief all night. He sets up about 40% of Collingwoods rebound scoring, and if you shut that down, they get a bit lost coming off half back.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Rossoneri wrote:Get reimers to do it.

On the flip side of what Jimmy said, not having Lucas and McVeigh will hurt in a game like this. We severly lack leadership at the moment and unless Lloyd kicks 8 and NLM decides to turn up and kick a couple, we will lose.
If we had Jetta, Dempsey, McVeigh, it will really help out our midfield enormously, and probably get us over the line. Fact it, Watson is down on form, Stanton is slowly getting better but you cant expect him to get a hard ball and against Collingwood, that i crucial.
We have been 2nd to the ball most weeks, and Collingwood are much better than the bulldogs and St. Kilda in the hard ball contests.
I actually disagree with that. I think he is doing the things we need from him very well indeed. He has a made a few standout turnovers by trying to force things a bit too much in the new game plan, but that's ok, it will happen less and less as he gets used to it. I think he will be the guy who is our big improver has the year goes on. He is the perfect foil for the likes of Winder, Davey, Jetta, Houli to be "well fed".
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I think just about everything would have to go right for us to win. If we can turn it on early and lead at 1/4 time then we are a chance.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

we need 4+ goals out of Matthew.

A couple of goals out of NLM/McPhee/Lovett.

and dustin needs to do the job on rocca.

I'm worred about our midfield.

the pies are very serviceable in the middle....and frankly, particularly without Mcveigh...we suck.

Houli/Lovett/Winders etc need to have blinder(s)
Last edited by tom9779 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I think Mal Michael would be fine to play on Rocca. Fletch to play on Cloke and Ryder on Medhurst.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Our defense will be fine. The game will be won or lost in the midfield.
Red and Black Forever
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

I have absolutely no confidence but I'll be watching as always.
Bombers till' I die
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

The Man from Bomberland wrote:I have absolutely no confidence but I'll be watching as always.
Agreed... I hate filth and I hate filth supporters and I hate losing to them...

They are all a bunch of:

c***!!

You just never know with these teams we could easily pull a rabbit out of the hat but am fearing otherwise