West Coast

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

West Coast

Post by robbie67 »

Funny how their "second tier" players dont look quite so good without Judd and Cousins. Stengline, Fletcher and company may very well be the new Blumfield, Heff etc etc.
Madden
Club Captain

Re: West Coast

Post by Madden »

Obviously won't make the 8 now.

Looks like a terrible year coming up for WA football. I wonder which team the West Australian will get stuck into more...
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Very ordinary. Good for the Vic sides. Non-Vics are about as bad as they'll get.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Now that they must keep clean they aren't performing. Funny that.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

As I said in the pre season, West Coast are history and wont make the 8.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Staggy wrote:Obviously won't make the 8 now.

Looks like a terrible year coming up for WA football. I wonder which team the West Australian will get stuck into more...
It's always the dockers...the eagles are the darlings of the Perth media...Channel 7 have been a long term sponsor and the West Australian never miss a chance to have a dig at the dockers.

I love the fact that both are struggling as I haven't been copping anywhere near as much crap as I have copped over the last few years :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Can't see them dropping right away and finishing bottom 4 - Cousins only played 7 games last year and Judd was severely hobbled for the second half of the season, and they still got within a whisker of a preliminary final. They'll still win their fair share of games over at Perth, and they're still quite a physically big team, so they'll be able to compete well with less mature teams like us, Richmond and Melbourne.

But the whole dynamic of their midfield has changed. Kerr looks half the player he did previously because he now gets the best tag every week instead of Cousins or Judd. Support midfielders like Stenglein, Braun, Rosa and Fletcher clearly aren't picking up the slack left behind. And their forward line remains impotent.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

I was bored enough to watch the Eagles v Power game on Fox this arvo. Sheesh! How the mighty have fallen. Absolutely no confidence with ball movement whatsoever. Hope we get them in this mindset come round 12...

:wink:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Good to see Fletcher being shown up as the great hack that he is. Turns the ball over time and time again, but had others to help cover that.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Spoke to some eagles supporters the other day and they are already looking forward to the cricket!!!

The chardonnay set have jumped off already!!!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Did they say they'd considser going to the WAFL Red?

BAD YEAR for WEST COAST/FREO = GOOD YEAR for WAFL PUBLIC SUPPORT?Hope so!

Big question is,Will SUBIACO go through the season Undefeated?Odds at $1.25 I reckon.

I'd love it if PERTH were the ones to knock 'em off.ON GRAND FINAL DAY! :D
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Most WC suppoters have forgotten the WAFL mate. Unless Cousins is running around in the Red and Black!! Not sure we would want him at Lathlain (sorry can't call it Eftel!).

Happy for the Dees to make the finals this year and then make a serious challenge next year! Missing it badly as the little bloke (the one on the left) was starting to enjoy the day at the WAFL getting on the ground for a kick and listening in at the huddle.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Will EASTY be the one delivering those SERMONS?

COLTS are on TOP with a TOP of the LADDER CLASH with SWANS to come.Both are 4 - 0 before losing around 5+ each for the TEAL CUP SQUAD coming up for a RIDICULOUS 10 Weeks. :roll:

RESSIES may only win 5 if the depth doesn't come through the League squad.Last Saturday didn't help.They were BARRY CROCKERS last Saturday. #-o
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I put West Coast demise down to that scinillating last qtr of round 22 where Lucas kicked 7 and we came within a kick of pulling off one of the greatest comeback's of all time to farewell our great champ James Hird. It looks like they never got over that :D
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

They are currently missing one player who I think is a little under rated in the competition and when he returns will definitely bolster their midfield a bit more. Priddis, he's hard at it has great hands and has decent skills by foot as well. They are definitely a shadow of their former side but Kerr and Priddis can still do a fair bit of damage to opposing midfields especially with Cox and Seaby feeding them the footy.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

And Wayne Carey thinks Kerr is better than Judd.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

I have been saying for 3 years that they have way too many passengers in the team that have been carried by their former star midfield.
That is now starting to show, big time.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

An interesting point made in the West Australian this morning.

They are saying that the off season departures of Daniel Chick and Rowan Jones has hurt West Coast more than expected. These two players were the main "blockers" in terms of keeping tags away from their gun midfielders. Without their grunt and discipline, Kerr has been getting stitched up on a regular basis.

Kane Cornes was quoted as saying that Port's plan last week was to stop Kerr and Cox...that would be enough to win. Cornes did a super job on Kerr and Cox has been struggling with a foot injury since the derby. Minimal impact from those two and Port got over the line.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

There's an article in The Age with a view that West Coast should trade Kerr to kickoff the rebuilding that is required. Something like 2 first round draft picks. He would certainly add the polish to our midfield and compliment McVeigh as our elite midfielders. 2 first round draft picks and a hefty salary - can we afford it if it was to be a possibility?
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

j-mac wrote:And Wayne Carey thinks Kerr is better than Judd.
He also thinks that pushing a women around in anger is not classed as violent