Davey Injured - f***!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
danstar84
Club Captain

Davey Injured - f***!

Post by danstar84 »

Davey to miss tomorrows game. Has 'tweaked' a knee.

Thursday, 24 April 2008
for essendonfc.com.au
Page 1 of 1

Essendon excitement machine, Alwyn Davey, will miss tomorrow's ANZAC day clash with Collingwood after injuring himself during training this morning.

Team manager, David Calthorpe, said Davey will have scans on Monday.

"Alwyn won't play tomorrow after hurting his right knee in training," he said.

"It was an innocuous incident. He was simply doing a running drill and there was no player contact so we are at a loss to explain exactly why it happened.

"It's unfair to speculate on what he has done but, based on initial tests, we are quite concerned.

"Further examination on Monday will reveal the full extent of the injury."

Calthorpe said losing Davey is a blow because he is an important player and was excellent in last year's ANZAC day game.

No announcement has been made on who - out of emergencies Damien Peverill, Nathan Lovett-Murray or Darcy Daniher - will replace Davey in the side.
juff
Top Up Player

Re: Davey Injured - f***!

Post by juff »

no, no, NO!!!!!!

How many F@RKIN black cats would you have to step on, how many ladders to walk under, and and how many mirrors would you have to smash to get this completely ridiculous run of bad luck with injuries!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

FFS! And why wait until Monday for f***'n scans????

We've just losy 80% of our defensive actions.
Essendunny
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Lick my ba@ls...how can this happen!!!

I would play Darcy Daniher for sure...no need to bring the other two in. We know this guy is the future of this club...why don't we put a historical standpoint on his debut when they talk of him in 10 years time as having debuted on Anzac Day. Go Darcy you good thing...if you play!!!

The idea is we beat North by plenty and they lost to North. The fact is they're slow and over-achieved last year and now the doubts have crept in based on their recent performances. I would say that we should beat them because we have unproven talent that is waiting to be proven. Don't be surprised that a few players tomorrow put their name in lights and their careers are made on tomorrow's game. Reimers, Pears (off jack) & Daniher.

To put it bluntly...how many times have those Collingwood scumbags got far too close to us in when we were clear favourites!!!

God give me strength not to break my telly if things go bad!!!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Scuze' the French...

f***!!!

](*,)
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

To give you an idea of how big this is... We picked up Alwyn before the 2007 season.

Since 2006:

Record with Alywn in the team (excluding Geelong match where he was injured): 11-6
Record without Alwyn in the team: 7-27, 1 draw

Sounds BAD. Sounds like a serious knee injury from the club report and if that's the case then he might be f***** for good.

Annus Horribilis.
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

f*** indeed. :(

Don't think it matters who actually comes into the team....the real IN here needs to be the performance of Andrew Lovett to step up and do the things Alwyn does.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

By the way... Does anyone have an idea what our game plan is going to be without Davey, Jetta, Lonergan and Dempsey? We're suddenly not looking that fast at all.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I cannot believe the amount of bad luck that is on the club at the moment. #-o We can't take a trick when it comes to injuries. Without Davey, Jetta and Dempsey more will be expected from Houli, Lovett, Winderlich and co. Lets hope Davey's injury isnt as bad as first thought.

I hope Darcy Daniher debuts tomorrow but the most logical replacement will be L-Murray.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

MEH! Surprised it took this long for us to get a season ending injury to a player who is important to our team.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I'm hoping like f*** it's not an ACL. I'd happily take a medial strain.

One thing that slightly heartens me is that doing an ACL is F****** painful, and Alwyn shows pain more than most players. If he did his ACL i reckon you'd just about need an elephant tranquiliser to stop him writhing around on the ground, and apparently there wasn't much commotion when he did the injury this morning.
Dizzy_69
Regular Senior Player

Post by Dizzy_69 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I'm hoping like f*** it's not an ACL. I'd happily take a medial strain.

One thing that slightly heartens me is that doing an ACL is F****** painful, and Alwyn shows pain more than most players. If he did his ACL i reckon you'd just about need an elephant tranquiliser to stop him writhing around on the ground, and apparently there wasn't much commotion when he did the injury this morning.
I've seen a few people do there ACL and not show any pain they didnt even realise
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

f*** me. Can I not go to a movie without some ******* shit happening?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Dizzy_69 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:I'm hoping like f*** it's not an ACL. I'd happily take a medial strain.

I've seen a few people do there ACL and not show any pain they didnt even realise
Doubt it. It might be possible to partially tear it without too much discomfort like Lenny Hayes or Alan Didak have done over the last couple years, but when you do it proper, you sure as hell realise.
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

Dizzy_69 wrote:

I saw an Local under 19 player a few weeks ago do an ACL, all he did was limp off the ground. Didnt here a whimper from him was just unstable on it.

He tore his ACL, Lateral collateral ligament and medial menicus, with Oedema posteriorly and anteriorly.

In simple terms...knee injury with fluid around it.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Hutchy reporting that he's done a ACL on the Footy Show, but McVeigh claimed that he was put through a number of tests after he did the injury and had no problems.

Let's just hope it's a tweak, or a medial ligament strain at worst and not the ACL.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Shit a brick.

D. Daniher, step up.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

spewing he is injured, but kinda glad it aint another f****** hamquinn strain...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I get the feeling NLM will come into the side.
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I think you're probably right, Ben. From an emotional point of view, it would be great to see Darcy Daniher come in, but it would make us a bit top heavy. Who is the third emergency? I can't remember.