Could be worse......

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Could be worse......

Post by robbie67 »

....we could be Freo. What's their ******* excuse? All the talent in the world, and blow a 7 goal lead against Melbourne? They'd be hoping the plane arrives back in Perth in the middle of the night, and lock their doors for a few days.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Re: Could be worse......

Post by Bomber_Fan »

I'm not sure it could be worse - we have injuries to over 10 key players. Take 10 first team players out of any side and they will always struggle for depth. And it's a vicious cycle too because the uninjured players have completely lost the confidence gained in the pre-season and start of the season.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Bomber_Fan wrote:I'm not sure it could be worse - we have injuries to over 10 key players. Take 10 first team players out of any side and they will always struggle for depth. And it's a vicious cycle too because the uninjured players have completely lost the confidence gained in the pre-season and start of the season.
Yep the World is over. Injuries, form, coaching, indifferance, and general shitness have ruined any culture we ever had. :roll:

Get serious. What would our club do with Freo's talent?
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I agree Robbie, we manage to play alright at bits tonight and we have injuries and they don't have an excuse. May be bottom 2 West Australian teams. Good I say.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robbie67 wrote:....we could be Freo. What's their ******* excuse? All the talent in the world, and blow a 7 goal lead against Melbourne? They'd be hoping the plane arrives back in Perth in the middle of the night, and lock their doors for a few days.
Ahem. I believe it was 8 goals.

I work with a passionately one-eyed Melbourne fan and he spent all Thursday telling me how crap the Dees were. I told him that this is exactly the sort of game Freo would throw - coming off a big effort only to lose by 1 point, season over, a few injuries, cold Melbourne day, no crowd to get them pumped up. I know it's a cop-out, but it's all to do with their 'culture' - same deal as St Kilda. They're just a basket case of a club.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I'm quite happy watching the kids going around. The great thing about being an Essendon supporter is that we know we won't be on the bottom forever.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Poor Harvs....that'll be a tough one to explain.