From the old BT Days - Interstate trips.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

From the old BT Days - Interstate trips.

Post by robbie67 »

Seeing we have the week off, and Sydney away after the break, I thought I would reminiss a little about some of the trips, and get togethers we had in the old days of the official BT forum. I'll do more than one, but I will start with the first time we all met up interstate for what became known as "Dodgey Brothers Tours".

It was a game in Sydney in 2002. IIRC it was the first ever game played at the Olympic stadium. We met up at the hotel everyone was staying in in Rushcutters Bay. A big group from Melbourne came up on the bus, and were joined by our group from Canberra, and some of the local Sydney guys as well. Apologies to anyone I miss, but the group included, Dodgey, Koala, Topdon, Bugman, Tiger, Blue Rose, Dom, Kath, Topgun, Robbie67, Bob. Sorry you are going to have to help me out here Dodg.

Anyway, it was the first time a lot of us had met, and after a few slightly nervous introductions, we got down to the art of drinking and getting ready for the game. A bus came to pick us up to take us out to the train station and it was time to let the singing begin!!

I remember arriving at the ground and going up to our seats, and we saw the Sydney players arriving. Bugman yelled out to barry Hall to give us a wave, and when he did, Buggy decided it would be a good idea, to hurl a torrent of abuse at him. :lol:

The game was close all night, and as per usual in Sydney we got our normal but ******* from the maggots, a big dud had a chance to steal the game for Sydney in the last minute, but he kicked a point from about 30 out straight in front. The siren wnet and we started jumping all over each other and hugging and kissing (you should have seen the girls). Then some little smart arse Sydney fcker thought it might be a good idea, to have a go at Carla (Koala). Once Dodgey, Topgun, and myself grabbed the little prick, and threatened to kick him into next week, he didnt think it was such a good idea anymore. So we trot out of the stadium, all fired up and full of juice, I thought it might be a good idea to have our own celebration right on those lame fckers territory. So we got everyone in a circle outside the ground (about 25-30 of us), and we did a roaring rendition of the club song.

Then we head down to the train station, and we are still singing, and some more Essendon fans join us, and we are on the platform still belting out the tunes, when these little shark fckers from Cronulla thought they might get their ambitions mixed up with reality, and might have a go as well. They were all verbal though, and once they had been informed that they looked like the result of what happens when cousins f***, they got awfully quite......thought to be fair, it also might have been the sight of big Dodgey that also did the trick.

So off we went to back to the hotel, to drink much more, and order Pizzas, and well....I could go on, but some things that happen on the Bombertalk Footy Trips, always stayed on the Bombertalk Footy Trips. :wink:
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Re: From the old BT Days - Interstate trips.

Post by nathanskinner »

I went up on one of the buses, stayed at the same hotel you mentioned as well. Was my first interstate trip, i would have been 15 at the time. Was a great game of footy, I recall Alessio playing quite well in that game. Being completely ignorant, I bought a newspaper the next day to read about the game, have a look at the stats etc and take home for a little souvenir only to find the smallest of articles behind pages of NRL stories. :P
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Weren't you guys in the nosebleeds?

I remember looking at the pics on bomberpics.com - what a fine site that was.
Bombers till' I die
canberrabomber
Top Up Player

Post by canberrabomber »

robbie67 wrote:
The game was close all night, and as per usual in Sydney we got our normal but ******* from the maggots
Never!!
a big dud had a chance to steal the game for Sydney in the last minute, but he kicked a point from about 30 out straight in front
lamentably, despite the wishes of some we missed the opportunity of this big dud doing likewise for us!!
Then we head down to the train station, and we are still singing, and some more Essendon fans join us, and we are on the platform still belting out the tunes, when these little shark fckers from Cronulla thought they might get their ambitions mixed up with reality, and might have a go as well. They were all verbal though, and once they had been informed that they looked like the result of what happens when cousins f***, they got awfully quite
They were the warfie supporters weren't they??
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

canberrabomber wrote:
robbie67 wrote:
The game was close all night, and as per usual in Sydney we got our normal but ******* from the maggots
Never!!
a big dud had a chance to steal the game for Sydney in the last minute, but he kicked a point from about 30 out straight in front
lamentably, despite the wishes of some we missed the opportunity of this big dud doing likewise for us!!
Then we head down to the train station, and we are still singing, and some more Essendon fans join us, and we are on the platform still belting out the tunes, when these little shark fckers from Cronulla thought they might get their ambitions mixed up with reality, and might have a go as well. They were all verbal though, and once they had been informed that they looked like the result of what happens when cousins f***, they got awfully quite
They were the warfie supporters weren't they??
Is that Dom?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

"Big dud"? Wasn't that someone we almost recruited? Mott? :D :wink:
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

F111 wrote:"Big dud"? Wasn't that someone we almost recruited? Mott? :D :wink:
That would have been a recruit so Sheedy-esque, that Kev himself wouldn't have considered it.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

dom_105 wrote:
F111 wrote:"Big dud"? Wasn't that someone we almost recruited? Mott? :D :wink:
That would have been a recruit so Sheedy-esque, that Kev himself wouldn't have considered it.
I think you will find that Big Kev considered it a lot
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I missed the 1st Sydney trip but went to the next couple where we stayed at the Boulervard hotel. That magnificent pub over the road that stayed open till all hours. One year we drank the place out of Carlton Draught. Fantastic trips they were. It was the 1st time I would have met most of the people from the forum.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I propose another BT trip.

I'll act as host, for which I'll take a very reasonable 25% commission. Filthy will be my co-host/assistant.

The trip will be to Fremantle to see the game scheduled against the Dockers on 29 June 2008 game.

I'm limiting spots to 20 to ensure that all participants get some quality Gringo time.

Total cost of the trip will be $3500.00, which includes all flights, transfers, accommodation, meals, tickets to the game and an official Gringo Passport.

Positions on this trip will sell like hot cakes, so first in best dressed.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

gringo wrote:I propose another BT trip.

I'll act as host, for which I'll take a very reasonable 25% commission. Filthy will be my co-host/assistant.

The trip will be to Fremantle to see the game scheduled against the Dockers on 29 June 2008 game.

I'm limiting spots to 20 to ensure that all participants get some quality Gringo time.

Total cost of the trip will be $3500.00, which includes all flights, transfers, accommodation, meals, tickets to the game and an official Gringo Passport.

Count me in gringo...

Will you be gringa ding ding or twits during the game?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Do I get a discount seeing as I'm already in Perth? :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

swoodley wrote:

Do I get a discount seeing as I'm already in Perth? :wink:
Wouldn't be a trip. :wink:
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

boncer34 wrote:
swoodley wrote: Do I get a discount seeing as I'm already in Perth? :wink:
Sure it would...I'm about 35-40kms from Freo :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

swoodley wrote:
boncer34 wrote:
swoodley wrote: Do I get a discount seeing as I'm already in Perth? :wink:
$3500 then
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

bomberdonnie wrote:
swoodley wrote:
boncer34 wrote: Wouldn't be a trip. :wink:
$3500 then
f*** that...and I was going to offer discount accommodation as well :^o
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

boncer34 wrote: Wouldn't be a trip. :wink:

f*** that...and I was going to offer discount accommodation as well :^o[/quote][/quote]

Don't be trying to worm your way into the management group Swoodley.

Filthy and I won't stand for it, who, by the way, is getting little pipes made up for all group members in the shape of a football.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
canberrabomber
Top Up Player

Post by canberrabomber »

robbie67 wrote:

Is that Dom?
Hmmm...

I may have gone by that name in the pre-Rudd era :wink: :wink: :wink:
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

our first BT trip Ahh the Memories...I drove ( with Koala and Kye) up and back that weekend. I still laugh about the time I turned up on Kye's door step at her home to pick her up and the look on her mother's face. F****** priceless :D . I remember getting back to the hotel after the match and being told that the Bar was closing in 15 minutes.....PIGS ARSE IT WAS !!!!!. We'd just won by 2 points and wanted to celebrate. we made this concierge find staff to man the bar.... his little faggot shpinter never worked so hard.

We had quite a few decent trips to Sydney...... the 2 years when we stayed across the road from the Strand was great. We may have lost but geez did we Drink. One year we drank the Pub dry of Carlton Draught ( an Honest FACT) and were given cheap drinks. I (vaguely) remember Robbie shouting a few of us Bourbons even though the girls wanted water and soft drink by 2am. And the Swinginbomber / Straw issue had me laughing for days. We even made up labels for the straw dispenser the next year just for her