Overrated Tinny Smartarses !!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Overrated Tinny Smartarses !!!

Post by MH_Bomber »

I've just watched the Hawthorn V Port game and I pose this question, why do all the so called experts act like Hawthorn have actually done anything. They havent. They got done by North in a final last year after North came off a 20 goal drubbing. That smartarse Williams did the choke gesture at the end of the game. Well dummy quite a few of those Port players have actually played in and won a Grand Final something Hawthorn hasnt done for very long time.

There seems to be an ordinate amount of admiration and respect for Hawthorn around and I for one do not think this is warranted. When they have actually achieved something then they have the right to be arrogant. Until then shut up and stop the nonsense.They think they are tough but in reality they are just thugs like they have always been. I dont like Clarkson and I dont like Hawthorn.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: Overrated Tinny Smartarses !!!

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I watched the game too and there was a lot of niggle in it from both teams. Crawford will get a few weeks for a stupid behind the play punch to Brogan's stomach. Williams' gesture wasn't very smart, but he's had inane goal celebrations throughout his career (like the 'shotgun').

They're not over-rated by anyone - the consensus seems to be they're clearly the second best team in the league, and that's a perfectly reasonable assessment in my view. Like Geelong, at the moment they're only playing somewhere between 40-60 minutes of good footy each week and winning comfortably. They have a higher 'key man risk' factor than Geelong do - taking Franklin out would make them a considerably worse team, whereas Geelong could be without any single given player including Ablett, Bartel or Scarlett and still be very good.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

There might be a few smart arses in the Hawthorn team ,but I certainly don't think that they're overrated.

In fact I'm starting to see a few similarities between them and Brisbane of the 2001-04 era.

If they beat Geelong in round 17, there will be no stopping them unless key players get injured.

A very good midfield and quality forwards.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I'd certainly love our team to be playing like them at the moment, and I'd certainly like to see some of their talent on our list. They may not have achieved anything yet, but I reckon they're heading in the right direction.
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

swoodley wrote: In fact I'm starting to see a few similarities between them and Brisbane of the 2001-04 era.
This is what I'm on about. They havent actually done anything until they win a flag. I reckon they are playing way above their actual true ability. This is a credit to the tactics of the coaching staff in that they are getting every inch of performance out of a good smattering of ordinary players. I think Mark Williams (Port coach) will not walk away from that game disappointed. He has unlocked the method of breaking down the so called Clarkson cluster. Port have not finished off well in a few games but can they improve in the fitness stakes - yes. If anything I think Hawthorn have peaked too early and will drop off considerably come the business end of the season.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I guess I am just a Bomber supporter that has an inbuilt hatred of the Hawks because of the rivalry in the 80's. They are smartarses though - the way they go about it.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

MH_Bomber wrote:
swoodley wrote: In fact I'm starting to see a few similarities between them and Brisbane of the 2001-04 era.
This is what I'm on about. They havent actually done anything until they win a flag. I reckon they are playing way above their actual true ability. This is a credit to the tactics of the coaching staff in that they are getting every inch of performance out of a good smattering of ordinary players. I think Mark Williams (Port coach) will not walk away from that game disappointed. He has unlocked the method of breaking down the so called Clarkson cluster. Port have not finished off well in a few games but can they improve in the fitness stakes - yes. If anything I think Hawthorn have peaked too early and will drop off considerably come the business end of the season.
So we should just not talk about anyone except for Geelong?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Talk about them by all means, its just a perception I have that because they have done well so far they are put into the same category as Geelong. I.e. as if they have actually won a flag because they have strung a few games together.

They admit themselves that they play 'unsociable' football and its that I dont like about of them. I reckon their quite dirty in the way they play and this is approved by the coach.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Clarkson apologised immediately for Williams' choking gesture. Seems the Hawks were as unimpressed with his celebration as you were, MHB:

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default ... wsid=59757
HAWTHORN coach Alastair Clarkson has moved quickly to try to avert a potential rift with Port Adelaide after the Hawks’ Mark Williams made a gesture ridiculing Power coach Mark Williams late in Saturday’s match.

Williams’ first and only goal of the contest proved to be the sealer in Launceston, but he earned the wrath of his coach when he celebrated the goal by mimicking the ‘hangman’s noose’ choking gesture that the Port coach famously made after his side’s maiden premiership win in 2004.

“Before we start on the game can I make an apology to the Port Adelaide footy club?” Clarkson said at the start of his post-match media conference following the 15-point win.

“The gesture that our Mark Williams made at the end of the game was not in line with the way that we like to go about our footy; he knows that, our players know that.

“We like to be humble and gracious in victory and certainly not put on performances like that. It’s the quickest way to find the exit door at our footy club, so could I make an apology to Mark Williams of Port Adelaide and the Port Adelaide footy club because we don’t accept that sort of behaviour at our club.

“I’ll be expecting that our Mark Williams gives Mark Williams from the Port side a call throughout the course of this week if he’ll indeed accept the call because if I was Choco Williams from Port Adelaide I don’t even know if I’d want a call; we look at it pretty dimly, that sort of behaviour.”

The Hawk forward, who was unsighted for much of the contest and finished with just 10 possessions, did indeed put in a call soon after his coach had finished speaking to the press and it is understood he left a message on the Port coach’s phone.

Clarkson said he had spoken with his player directly after the match, but would not be imposing any sanctions.

For his part, the Port Adelaide coach was clearly unimpressed, but wasn’t about to become embroiled in a war of words on the issue.

“I saw it, but …he hadn’t touched the ball all day so I’m not sure exactly what he was getting at,” Williams said.
“[But] I don’t need his call … I couldn’t care less. Footballers do strange things; it doesn’t help us win the game or lose the game.”
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Ouch.

"It's the quickest way to find the exit door at our footy club".

By the sound of things he's going to have to put away that ridiculous shotgun or he'll be on an economy seat back to the West. Well said A Clarkson.

It's a pity that Williams didn't extend the same courtesy to North Melbourne when Tredrea behaved like a knob last year.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I think the crux of what MH is trying to get across, is the fact that Hawthorn and their supporters are behaving like they have already won 3 ******* flags. It's true, that while they are obviously a good unit, they still havent acheived sweet FA!!

I ******* hate Hawthorn. Most Essendon supporters my age do. You younger people should remember the line in the ******* sand game, when those c0ck suckers got all brave, hitting blokes while they were being held on to, knowing if we hit back, it was our finals campaign that was in jeopardy. They were already ******* out of it. I would love to wipe a few of those fckers like Bateman out later in the season. I couldnt give a sh1t if our blokes got suspended, as long as they broke some jaws, and ended a few seasons.

C*nts. The lot of them.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Perhaps we could bring in D Peverill, J Johnson and A Lee for the Hawks game and call it our "line in the sand" game... Problem is, that most of the Hawks would see the line and start snorting.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Good point, Robbie. It would be great to draw a line in their stinking sand.
Hate 'em. Have since the 1970s. Don Scott, Leigh Matthews, Dermit Brereton - all first class arseholes.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Yes Robbie thats where I'm coming from. I remember Brereton's elbows dirtily ironing both Daisy Williams and Van Der Haar one day at Waverley. They were both in circumstances where our blokes had their head over the ball and that thug raised the elbow and head-hunted. Of course we will never forget Dipper's elbow into Kevin Walsh in the 1984 GF and Brereton fetlocks flying into the all in brawl in the 1985 GF brawl. Make no mistake they were thugs and this current Hawthorn side is trying to emulate that aspect of those teams from the 80's / 90's.

I'm glad Clarkson has publicly put down that gesture of Williams because its just smacks of arrogance that has not yet been earned.
Menzie!! ❤️

Regards

MH_Bomber
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

MH_Bomber wrote:I've just watched the Hawthorn V Port game and I pose this question, why do all the so called experts act like Hawthorn have actually done anything. They havent. They got done by North in a final last year after North came off a 20 goal drubbing. That smartarse Williams did the choke gesture at the end of the game. Well dummy quite a few of those Port players have actually played in and won a Grand Final something Hawthorn hasnt done for very long time.

There seems to be an ordinate amount of admiration and respect for Hawthorn around and I for one do not think this is warranted. When they have actually achieved something then they have the right to be arrogant. Until then shut up and stop the nonsense.They think they are tough but in reality they are just thugs like they have always been. I dont like Clarkson and I dont like Hawthorn.

i agree 1000% (I HATE HAWTHORN).

IF they make the grandfinal, and it will probably be against the cats, I hope Buddy kicks 9 and they lose the granny by a goal.

A reversal of 1989....
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

MH_Bomber. Sit down and pour yourself a nice glass of whisky. Because it appears your mental supplies have well and truly been exhausted.

This season, the HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWKERS have played the best football out of any team. So commentators, football fans and supporters should be creaming their pants. True they have not won a flag, but as this won't be possible until very late in September I hardly think we can hold this against them, can we MH_Bomber.

Whilst we are currently junk, we should sit back and enjoy some marvelous football being played by the other sides, particularly Hawthorn.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

The day I start admiring "The Family Club" is the day the white coats take me away. It all stems from the "80's and if you want a taste of it. read John Anderson's article in the morning's Sun when that great Brownlow medalist, Bertie Dipshit, K.O'd Rocky Stoneham after the half time siren. It was not so much their on field arrogance or aggression that pissed me off and after all, they were a bloody good team. It was the "we're the familiy club at Hawthorn, Jeansy is on a handshake agreement 'cos we are so honorable and the players actually pay the club to get a game!!!

It was that "Holier than Thou" attitude that really got under my skin that their sh#t didn't stink and it was their duty to knock our blokes out in their quest for the holy grail which they so richly deserved. Thank God for Cameron Clayton,(Rattler!! What a nickname!!) Rotten, Merv, Stan and Roger who helped in squaring the ledger.

I would like nothing better than to take a couple of them out (esp Williams and Bateman) when we finally meet, whatever the cost.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Saints fans a year or two ago. That's what it reminds me of. Only the the Hawks are actually good and will probably live up to expectations... Blimey. I still hate them though.

If you go on Youtube and search best Aussie Rules fights, most involve us and Hawthorn. Not a whole lot of love there eh...

:wink:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

gringo wrote:MH_Bomber. Sit down and pour yourself a nice glass of whisky. Because it appears your mental supplies have well and truly been exhausted.

This season, the HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWKERS have played the best football out of any team. So commentators, football fans and supporters should be creaming their pants. True they have not won a flag, but as this won't be possible until very late in September I hardly think we can hold this against them, can we MH_Bomber.

Whilst we are currently junk, we should sit back and enjoy some marvelous football being played by the other sides, particularly Hawthorn.
Do you use KY or Wet Stuff when you get together with your posters of "the HAWWWWWWWWWWWWWKERS"?

Stop being such a ******* theatre goer Gringo.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

The thing I'm loving most about the Hawks this year is the inevitability that they are going to be pantsed by someone.

In my wildest dreams I'm hoping it will be us......but the fact that will happen is enough to sustain me for the rest of the season.

Buddy, Chance and Willo in a three way collision....oh dream on!!!!!!!

FFS I hate those pricks. Arrogant, born to rule, eastern suburban Tories, F*** sticks of the first order and they have Jeff as El Presidente. - nuf said!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.