Essendon are a joke at the moment!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Essendon are a joke at the moment!!!

Post by stryper »

Let me firstly say that I am an Essendon Supporter for life but I am really struggling to accept this mediocrisy...
This is Crap Football... No Leadership... No Manning up and No direction...Yes very young side but this Team is a disgrace at the moment...

Somebody needs to Stand up and be accountable Starting with our So called Captain...

So he has a bad game but what about Leadership for the young players???

Non existent...

1 or 2 games that he does Ok Just Not good enough!!!

At least play some accountable football!!!

Bunch Of Hacks... Getting Smashed...

No Hirdy No Essendon at this point in time!!!

Sorry But something had to be said Enough Is Enough!!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Essendon are a joke at the moment!!!

Post by swoodley »

I can only comment on what I've heard of the first three and a bit quarters on the radio.

The commentators have not been bagging Lloyd at all and from the comments I've heard, he has tried.

The overall result is a disgrace given that we were only 18 points down at about the 19 minute mark of the thrid quarter but I would think that any blame needs to be spread amongst the entire team without picking out individuals.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

I admit I am Very angry at the moment... Don't get me wrong I am Not bagging the players or the Captain... I am stating facts they are a Ship at the moment without a rudder...

Lloydy Is Not Leading from the front and is Definately Not a Hirdy!!!

Hirdy would turn a game...His Leadership On and Off the field was sensational and inspiring...

Lloydy - Can be lazy at times... Does he fire up the Guys enough???

Super Player when things are going right But I am sorry to say and I said this from Day 1 Is Not Captain material!!!

Thats Life!!!

Young Guys need a Leader DESPERATELY!!!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I am just as annoyed and frustrated as you all. But in three years time I'm sure we will all look back on this season as the beginning of something and a lesson we had to go through to gain ultimate success or even get close to that success. It's Knight's first year, he needs a year or two to sort the good from the bad. It was highlighted that he wants to trade aggressively and if we finish in he bottom 4 it isn't truly disastrous we could pick up a couple of good young players to help build a force.Once Knights is able to have a team that he likes, I'm sure our game plan will change and have a really good effect. Our youngsters were fantastic today compared to our older brigade. Knights has got some great talent in last years draft so if we can have access to some good young players we will be building a foundation. Names like Myers, Neagle, Pears, Daniher, Houli, Gumbleton, Lonergan, Riemers, fit and more experienced make me have faith we can have a Hawthornlike resurgence. Unfortunately that's a long way away and we have to wait this out. There will be light at the end of the tunnel.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

JumboPaddy wrote:I am just as annoyed and frustrated as you all. But in three years time I'm sure we will all look back on this season as the beginning of something and a lesson we had to go through to gain ultimate success or even get close to that success. It's Knight's first year, he needs a year or two to sort the good from the bad. It was highlighted that he wants to trade aggressively and if we finish in he bottom 4 it isn't truly disastrous we could pick up a couple of good young players to help build a force.Once Knights is able to have a team that he likes, I'm sure our game plan will change and have a really good effect. Our youngsters were fantastic today compared to our older brigade. Knights has got some great talent in last years draft so if we can have access to some good young players we will be building a foundation. Names like Myers, Neagle, Pears, Daniher, Houli, Gumbleton, Lonergan, Riemers, fit and more experienced make me have faith we can have a Hawthornlike resurgence. Unfortunately that's a long way away and we have to wait this out. There will be light at the end of the tunnel.
Sorry Patrick, but Knights is looking to rebuild through the draft and has not talked about aggressive trading at all. In fact, he has talked about drafting a team that will develop together and he got rather annoyed the other day when Horsburgh talked about us trading aggressively at years end.

But it's good to see that yet another belting has failed to put a dent in your ability to look at things in a positive light. =D>
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

swoodley wrote:
JumboPaddy wrote:I am just as annoyed and frustrated as you all. But in three years time I'm sure we will all look back on this season as the beginning of something and a lesson we had to go through to gain ultimate success or even get close to that success. It's Knight's first year, he needs a year or two to sort the good from the bad. It was highlighted that he wants to trade aggressively and if we finish in he bottom 4 it isn't truly disastrous we could pick up a couple of good young players to help build a force.Once Knights is able to have a team that he likes, I'm sure our game plan will change and have a really good effect. Our youngsters were fantastic today compared to our older brigade. Knights has got some great talent in last years draft so if we can have access to some good young players we will be building a foundation. Names like Myers, Neagle, Pears, Daniher, Houli, Gumbleton, Lonergan, Riemers, fit and more experienced make me have faith we can have a Hawthornlike resurgence. Unfortunately that's a long way away and we have to wait this out. There will be light at the end of the tunnel.
Sorry Patrick, but Knights is looking to rebuild through the draft and has not talked about aggressive trading at all. In fact, he has talked about drafting a team that will develop together and he got rather annoyed the other day when Horsburgh talked about us trading aggressively at years end.

But it's good to see that yet another belting has failed to put a dent in your ability to look at things in a positive light. =D>
Trust me I am pissed off but there is no use bagging the team. We just aren't good enough and wont be for a while. The positivity sort of gets me through a bit.
:wink:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yep, we're a f****** joke. 2 x 15 goal losses and 2 x 10+ goal losses in 8 rounds. We're bad enough to take the media spotlight off Melbourne.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

its the way we lose which is annoying. We look like we dont want it. And once again we made hacks look great.. i.e Playfair
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

stryper wrote:Let me firstly say that I am an Essendon Supporter for life but I am really struggling to accept this mediocrisy...
Stryper, I absolutely understand your frustration but you've got to be patient. There were 8 players out there today with under 15 games - how are these young players supposed to match up to the Swans' physical game. The most disappointing thing was the final margin - I was hoping for only a small losing margin and not the spanking we copped in the end. I don't know about everybody else but I'm watching these games to the end and they seem to be lasting forever.