Season over

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dom_105
Club Captain

Season over

Post by dom_105 »

Probably not saying anything new.

But with these new clubs coming in, we seriously have to think about the future. Will probably gain more out of losing than winning for the rest of the year, sad as it is to say.
sydbomber
Top Up Player

Re: Season over

Post by sydbomber »

I agree. Is the draft the complete answer to our problems ? Sydney have not had a decent draft pick in 5 years plus yet
they beat us by 90 points. Is Roos a brilliant coach ? Are they a smart club ? Are we stupid ? I wish I knew.
SYDBOMBER
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

It's time. Conceding 15 goals in the second half to a team that's renowned for being a low-scoring unit is a fking disgrace. We had Fletcher and McVeigh back today, as well as Lonergan.

Get panicking, people.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sad thing is, we dont even need to tank to lose games.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I don't mind losing but being absolutely smashed is unacceptable.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Brushed aside, uncompetitive, fumbling, skill errors, stationary targets, out-positioned.

Yet the most infuriating part was that we could all see what the 22 blokes representing us couldn't.

Sydney knew that they only had to get numbers to each stoppage because eventually they would get the feed to an outside runer or we would provide them with a turn-over.

How many times did they run it into their open forward line, or hit a forward target - as opposed to our turn-overs inside our congested forward 50 and our poor skill execution? They were having a laugh. Just as Port did a fortnight ago.

We are a lamentable laughing stock ATM and it is apparent that our players are not prepared to work hard enough to do anything about it.

I'd like to think that there would be serious consequences coming out of today's game - but I'm too furious to contemplate what they should be.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

hop wrote: They were having a laugh. Just as Port did a fortnight ago.
I notice the commentators (Ox especially) mentioned this a few times - suggesting in the second quarter that Sydney were paying us no respect. They even suggested this might lose the game for Sydney if they were not careful. Huh!