Trade Lloydy - Even I wouldn't go that far!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Trade Lloydy - Even I wouldn't go that far!!!

Post by stryper »

Listening to MMM at the moment and they are talking about Lloydy - trade him...

Wow I wouldn't go that far But that says everything!!!

He Is Simply Not doing his Job!!!

Become like a James hird - Inspirational Or Step Down!!!

Thats as far as I would go!!!
dom_105
Club Captain

Re: Trade Lloydy - Even I wouldn't go that far!!!

Post by dom_105 »

Yeah, heard that.

It's certainly out there, but in all seriousness he is worth more to Essendon than what the club could get for him on the trading table.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Wow Wow Wow Lloydy - got voted worst on ground!!!

Did James Hird EVER get that???

I ask???

Captain Material I Think Not!!!

Time to Stand Up or Step Down immediately!!!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Can't play anywhere else but the gaol square but insists on wandering up the ground.

Too slow - by foot and brain and his delivery leaves a lot to be desired. He has been built to kick goals inside 50. If he or the coaches don't see that then they have no right to expect him to be anything but a passenger.

Was terrible today - had a lot of mates! Still he is only one of 3 big bodies we have ATM. This was where Sydney smashed us.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Lloyd is a thinking man.

He once thought he could be a captain, infact not a captain but the captain. Hopefully Lloyd has learnt his lesson and now realises he should never do that again - THINK that is...

Honestly people if he was female he would be blonde...

As far as the trade goes, not sure. I know its business and even though the form is shit at the moment it would be hard to watch him go elsewhere. I do think the captaincy should be taken (its been trialed & its failed) but traded, not so sure. Would love for someone to show him a tape of what the full forwards role is and tell him to f*** off to his square every time he decides to get more than 20m from it. If he ever stops thinking and just goes back to playing I think we could see a dramatic turn around in his game.
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

No trade. No captaincy. That's what I think.

And I don't give a flying f*** about what anyone else thinks, but he ought to hand over the captaincy and just play out his final seasons kicking goals. It will be best for both himself and the club.
Last edited by BenDoolan on Sun May 18, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Essendunny
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Certainly, at the moment, only looks half the player he used to be.
Walda
Top Up Player

Post by Walda »

Lloyd doesn't deserve to be dissed EVER. 800+ goals for the club, The delivery has been shite for the past 5 years and he has made something of nothing many times, he gives his all every game. He might not be the greatest captain ever, but its only because the position he plays and we are crap at the moment, not even Hirdy could stop us from finishing 15th in 06.
This talk of trading him - NEVER going to happen.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Utter rubbish.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Considering who we have kicking him the ball, Lloyd is doing a good job.

The commentators/personalities on MMM/Channel 9 have no interest in anything other than promoting their own egos. They are to football what Today Tonight is to journalism.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Are you f****** kidding? Anyone who does not respect the effort put in by the no. 18 today has NO IDEA ABOUT FOOTY!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Have a ******* look at how Sydney delivered the ball to their forwards compared to the shit Lloyd got...

Yesterday Brian Taylor said that Leon Davis is a better footballer than Peter Daicos... This should give you an idea of how much you should listen to what those cnts have to say!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

I know a lot of people have bagged the shit out of lloydy and whilst I agree that he is having a relatively shite season, lets put a few things back into perspective...

He has only had a handfull of games having returned from the serious hamstring injury.
The rest of the side is getting smashed and delivery to the forward line is the worst of any club...I don't think that more than 3 of our listed players could hit the side of a barn with the way they kick a football.
He goes up the ground cause the ball is not getting down to him.
He has a go and tries to impose himself on the game.

Granted, he should not have to go beyond 55m from goal (and only then when he takes a mark on the 50m arc), but IMO he works his arse off most games, tries to lead from the front and IMHO, whilst I don't think he is the best spokesperson in the club, from all reports he definately leads from the front off the ground too.

So for mine, whilst I would prefer to have a McVeigh or Lucas as captian or possibly even Fletch, we could do a shitload worse than having Lloydy as el-capitan...
Your email suggests if your IQ is half mine you must have copied from someone else.
Bruce Francis response to Daniel Harford 13 Jan 2015
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Crazyman wrote:I know a lot of people have bagged the shit out of lloydy and whilst I agree that he is having a relatively shite season, lets put a few things back into perspective...

He has only had a handfull of games having returned from the serious hamstring injury.
The rest of the side is getting smashed and delivery to the forward line is the worst of any club...I don't think that more than 3 of our listed players could hit the side of a barn with the way they kick a football.

Granted, he should not have to go beyond 55m from goal (and only then when he takes a mark on the 50m arc), but IMO he works his arse off most games, tries to lead from the front and IMHO, whilst I don't think he is the best spokesperson in the club, from all reports he definately leads from the front off the ground too.

So for mine, whilst I would prefer to have a McVeigh or Lucas as captian or possibly even Fletch, we could do a shitload worse than having Lloydy as el-capitan...
What he said.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
chickster
On the Rookie List

Post by chickster »

Boyler_Room wrote:
Crazyman wrote:I know a lot of people have bagged the shit out of lloydy and whilst I agree that he is having a relatively shite season, lets put a few things back into perspective...

What he said.
Hear hear!!!
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Too late for that - the train left the station at the end of last year.

On-field leadership obviously doesn't come naturally to Matty - either try and teach him how to be that leader or give match-day duties to McVeigh in the name of forward planning.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

I dont think you would hear boo out of the cynical lot on this forum if Lloyd was kicking goals

He kicks goal, great leadership

He goes dry on the goals - he's a crap leader
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

Llyyd should be traded!! Not because he is no good, because that is just crap.

He should be traded because the rubbish that is served up week after week is not befitting of a man with his talent. Our midfield is a discrace, and their delivery forward deplorable, Lloyd still makes the most of the miniscule opportunities provided.

Same goes for Lucus, what a waste of our champions twighlight years, playing in the worst assembled EFC team in history. Lloyd and Lucus have given all to this club and deserve more than the rubbish delivery they will get served up by this team as they head towards retirement.

Send them to the Dogs where they can fittingly finish their career's with Lloyd kicking 100 goals a season and Lucus 60 in a finals contending team!!

In return, If we did this, we might get a few much needed picks so that we can rebuild ground up by 2010 and we can see our champions dominating again, even if its not in our beloved red and black.

No matter what, or where these guys play, they are EFC legends and will always be legends.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Chris wrote:Llyyd should be traded!! Not because he is no good, because that is just crap.

He should be traded because the rubbish that is served up week after week is not befitting of a man with his talent. Our midfield is a discrace, and their delivery forward deplorable, Lloyd still makes the most of the miniscule opportunities provided.

Same goes for Lucus, what a waste of our champions twighlight years, playing in the worst assembled EFC team in history. Lloyd and Lucus have given all to this club and deserve more than the rubbish delivery they will get served up by this team as they head towards retirement.

Send them to the Dogs where they can fittingly finish their career's with Lloyd kicking 100 goals a season and Lucus 60 in a finals contending team!!

In return, If we did this, we might get a few much needed picks so that we can rebuild ground up by 2010 and we can see our champions dominating again, even if its not in our beloved red and black.

No matter what, or where these guys play, they are EFC legends and will always be legends.

Here, f**king here!!!!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

There's been a shiteload of goofy posts around here lately...