No 6

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

No 6

Post by Madden »

Got his hands on it quite a lot, which was good. But is still kind of retarded.

Someone else please elaborate further. I can't be farked.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Re: No 6

Post by bombercol »

Would have been in our top 3 out there today.

At times his disposal was crap.

But...........never gave up, chased, tackled, set up two goals, was at the bottom of a number of packs, took a couple of knocks.

Will never hang a boy wearing red and black for a few clangers when their clearly having a red hot go.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

cbf either. walked out of the port game more positive then this loss.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Well I did quite a bit of screaming about his efforts today. Its both 1) when he gets its it - he always in a bad position and that reflects on players giving it to him with him going to be imminently tackled and 2) when he was clear he actually moved into trouble and got caught. It all comes down to judgement errors from both him and his teammates.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Yes, getting the ball is a step forward, notwithstanding the fact his disposal was horrendous. His disposal did get better in the second half, though. Still likes doing the cute stuff too often, like stab kicks, kicks around the corner etc.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Kepler used to get a lot of the ball....nuff said.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

gringo wrote:Kepler used to get a lot of the ball....nuff said.
Bradley got the ball coz the opposition gave it to him... knowing full well they'd get it straight back in a better position!!!
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

His disposal has been terrible - he has just gone completely downhill since his first season when everybody thought he was going to be an absolute gun. I think it is definitely a confidence thing - the question is do we persist with him or drop him to the twos to get some sort of confidence back. You've got to remember though that Geelong wanted to trade Bartel at one stage too (no I'm not comparing him to Monfries) but he has gone from strength to strength. Hopefully some of our players under the gun can prove us all wrong.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

His disposal efficeincy was around 50%. At least he was getting the ball unlike some others.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

There are those who have faith in the Monfries, and good luck to them. But if Jobe disposed of the footy like Monfries did today, a lot of people would want him quartered. The "Butcher of Bomberland" should be a trophy given the player most deserving just like Tool of the Week.

He has serious issues as a midfielder. It appears his peripheral vision is quite narrow, and misses targets in close. He just coughs up the ball far too easily. And he has a bad habbit of falling on the ball and making no attempt to get rid of it (learn from the NAB Cup game, FFS).

He's only 21. Joel Selwood is only 19. Nathan Jones is only 20. Scott Pendlebury is only 20. Matthew Rosa is only 21. Marc Murphy is only 21. All classy midfielders. Gus? He needs a LOT of work to become anywhere near "good". He's only ever achieved as a forward flanker. Perhaps that's his position.
Essendunny
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:There are those who have faith in the Monfries, and good luck to them. But if Jobe disposed of the footy like Monfries did today, a lot of people would want him quartered. The "Butcher of Bomberland" should be a trophy given the player most deserving just like Tool of the Week.

He has serious issues as a midfielder. It appears his peripheral vision is quite narrow, and misses targets in close. He just coughs up the ball far too easily. And he has a bad habbit of falling on the ball and making no attempt to get rid of it (learn from the NAB Cup game, FFS).

He's only 21. Joel Selwood is only 19. Nathan Jones is only 20. Scott Pendlebury is only 20. Matthew Rosa is only 21. Marc Murphy is only 21. All classy midfielders. Gus? He needs a LOT of work to become anywhere near "good". He's only ever achieved as a forward flanker. Perhaps that's his position.
Ouch....that is a nasty comparison for Monfries apologists everywhere :shock:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Staggy wrote:But is still kind of retarded.
I think this is a large part of the problem. He is an air head - nothing between the ears.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Easily the worst user of the ball i the first half. running at 50% usefullness.

After half time was respectable, went hard at it, did useful things and was effective. Showed a lot of heart to come back the way he did.

Also worth noting how hard he worked to get the ball. DO NOT give up on this boy just yet.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:Easily the worst user of the ball i the first half. running at 50% usefullness.

After half time was respectable, went hard at it, did useful things and was effective. Showed a lot of heart to come back the way he did.

Also worth noting how hard he worked to get the ball. DO NOT give up on this boy just yet.
Yes, I have to agree with that.
Essendunny
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Sismis wrote:Easily the worst user of the ball i the first half. running at 50% usefullness.

Thought he had a bit of a purple patch for about 5 - 10 minutes where everything he did was brilliant. Laid some great tackles resulting in turnovers, pinpointed passes that resulted in goals (Welsh and Neagle) and had an opportunity to set up another with Hille in the goal square but instead of stabbing and drilling the ball low (as he's being accused of doing too often in this thread) he gave the ball some air which allowed defenders to man up on Hille and spoil for a behind.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant