The Dreamtime Game Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

The Dreamtime Game Thread

Post by swoodley »

Well another week has come and gone and once again we have been left to bemoan another poor performance.

But is redemption at hand as we approach "Dreamtime at the G"

The effort today was poor and so I looked for enlightenment by checking the Bendigo V Williamstown report for some positives.

The best players list in their 37 point loss: G. Weeks, T. Pears, S. Crameri, J. Bowe, J. Johnson, H. Skipworth

No....not a lot of positives there as only Pears and JJ are actually available to play (and JJ probably won't get a game)

Well, what about the fact that we are playing Richmond...surely that is reason enough for a positive outlook (after all, they have been THE worst team of the last 25 years)

But then I remembered that last time we played them when it was Hirdy & Sheeds last game in Melbourne (and a great reason to play well and win), they beat us.

Since then, it appears that they have improved whilst we have gone backwards so no case for redemption there either.

Surely, somewhere there is an obscure fact that we can cling to...something that will ignite the passion and get us playing a recognisable game of football again.

If you've seen it lurking behind a bush somewhere, drag it out and let us all know before posting it by registered mail direct to Matthew Knights at Windy Hill.

If someone doesn't find it, we will be farked again (and I really hate losing to Richmond :evil: :evil: :evil: )
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: The Dreamtime Game Thread

Post by billyduckworth »

Maybe Knights is privvy to Richmond's game plan and we will defeat them with some dazzling positional moves at the opening bounce. (And maybe Neil Armstrong did really walk on the moon with Elvis). :shock:
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

They should rename it "Nightmare on Jolimont".
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

We should play Johnson.. I dont see why not. Our 'attacking' game plan does not work at this point in time... we dont need to play 10 speedsters that hover around packs and dont win the ball. We miss a hard body that can get clearances besides Watson, and today it was realy evident. Give him a run off the bench, if it fails it fails. After reading another thread about 11 players having less than 10 touches he should come in.. Id imagine he'd have atleast 15 to 20. He wont play though which is annoying.

Ins: Watson (?) Dont know the details of his injury
Lovett-Murray
McPhee
Johnson

Outs: Where to begin...
Laycock (Frustrating, but most likely will need to play him)
Ramanauskas (just didnt do enough to deserve another game)
Neagle (Lovett-Murray / Mcphee can play his position, and can be moved down back if need be)
Jetta /or Slattery

Who plays on Richo? - Mcphee? (around the ground) Ryder? Fletcher? (When forward)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Richo may just break Fred Fannings record next weekend... Good news is that Buddy will break it again a fortnight later
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

bomberdonnie wrote:Richo may just break Fred Fannings record next weekend... Good news is that Buddy will break it again a fortnight later
:lol: Good chance!

Some facts re: Inside 50's to the opposition;

R1 - 51 v Kangaroos (Thompson 4 goals)
R2 - 65 v Geelong (14 goal kickers)
R3 - 58 v Carlton (Fevola 8 goals)
R4 - 63 v Bulldogs (12 goal kickers)
R5 - 56 v St.Kilda (11 goal kickers)
R6 - 67 v Collingwood (Medhurst 6 goals, Cloke 5 goals)
R7 - 60 v Port Adelaide (Motlop 7 goals)
R8 - 53 v Sydney (O'Loughlin 6 goals)
R9 - ?? v Richmond (Richardson ?? goals, Brown ?? goals)
R10 - ?? v Adelaide (Burton ?? goals)
R11 - ?? v Hawthorn (Franklin ?? goals, Roughead ?? goals)
Essendunny
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Given our current predicament never a more appropriately named match.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I never thought I'd ever go into a match against Richmond thinking that we would lose.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

I reckon it will be a great game and we should go in with a bit of confidence.

Tigers have been desperately unlucky but they're still only 2 points ahead of us on the ladder.

Ins: Lovett Murray, McPhee, Nash, Watson.

Outs: Winderlich (Inj?), Laycock, Ramanaskaus, Slattery.

Bellchambers, emergency again.

I think Cock will go down and Ryder will ruck against Pattison. If Bellchambers played either Neagle or Daniher would have to miss out and I think I'd prefer both playing.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Does anyone know what Jobe's injury is? He was sorely missed against Sydney...
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Doctor Fish wrote:Does anyone know what Jobe's injury is? He was sorely missed against Sydney...
Bad back. Apparently is in danger of missing this week as well :(.
fatbomber
Top Up Player

Post by fatbomber »

I would be hoping to see some improvement from the team again this week. Even the smallest of steps can take you on the longest Journeys. I will be looking for any signs, such as how well I thought we with stood Sydnet pressure for almost 2 quarters. If the likes of Hislop, Lonergan, Reimers and Spike, can turn the heat on Richmond, the same way as they did against the Swans, I feel that we are a good chance of winning the game. I will be espeically interested to see if we see Stanton on the bottom of as many packs, as we did last game. Our intensity at the ball and the guy with the ball, was brillant for about 2 quarters. I would be hoping that the guys will look at that and realise that if they can keep it up all game, then we will be more than competitive. This will be the improvement that I will be looking for. Playing to the game plan for all four quarters.

Match Ups will be very important for this game and I think Paddy will get Richo for the whole game. He has the ability and athletism to go with Richo when he's on the wing and would be equally strong on him when he goes forward. I think that brown will get Riemerd, which just leaves Houli for Delidoe. I for one think that Hille is better Ruckmen than Simmons and would drop Laycock for Bellchambers, as Richmonds back up Ruckmen is only Polak, so it's wouldn't be to hard on the Kid.

I would like to think, as I do for every game that we play, that we will win, but even if we do everything right for all four quarters, I believe that at the moment that Richmond will still manage to take away the points. They have been stiff not to win another couple of games and would have thought that their belief in themselves and their teamates and their confidence, will see them get over the line.

God I hope I am wrong.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Nash: Ridiculous out against Sydney but he was only ok in the magoos. Can't see him coming back up on the back of that unfortunately. I bet Lloydy would love to have him back in the team though.
Dyson: Deserved a spell and didn't do too much for Bendigo.
Pears played pretty well and will come up, probably for Darcy.
JJ might get a call up based on good form and "stick it up Ray" factor.
I doubt Neagle will get dropped on the back of a bad game after his excellent game a fortnight ago - he'll look a lot better against the third defender anyway.

Ins: Lovett-Murray, McPhee, Pears, Watson(?) / JJ
Outs: Jetta, Daniher, Slattery, Laycock
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Apparently Watson aint playing again this week.
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:Apparently Watson aint playing again this week.
Fug...

](*,)
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I've very rarely gone into a game this pessimistic.
We're about to cop another 60+ point hiding.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

andrewb wrote:Nash: Ridiculous out against Sydney but he was only ok in the magoos. Can't see him coming back up on the back of that unfortunately. I bet Lloydy would love to have him back in the team though.
Dyson: Deserved a spell and didn't do too much for Bendigo.
Pears played pretty well and will come up, probably for Darcy.
JJ might get a call up based on good form and "stick it up Ray" factor.
I doubt Neagle will get dropped on the back of a bad game after his excellent game a fortnight ago - he'll look a lot better against the third defender anyway.

Ins: Lovett-Murray, McPhee, Pears, Watson(?) / JJ
Outs: Jetta, Daniher, Slattery, Laycock
Reckon Darcy will play. Knights went public Sunday arvo and patted Darcy and Myers on the back for their efforts.

As I said, Cock should go down given NLM and McPhee will come back. Ryder will share the ruck work, which will do us wonders around the ground. Bit sad about Watson though, we missed him terribly last week.

Given the Dreamtime theme, I'd leave Jetta in. This week will be a more flowing game and Jetta will get more opportunity to run.

This week also playing Richmond, least they play some type of attractive football, not like Sydney who pretty much bored us to death with their ever attractive brand of scrimmages and flooding. No wonder we dropped our heads mid way through the third quarter, we were probably literally asleep or bored to death from that attractive Swans football.....any excuse to explain a loss.