We are far from done.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

We are far from done.

Post by Sismis »

While the AFL allows the Swanettes to play their cheating brand of footy, it's always going to be tough for an up an coming team to roll them.

BUT there was a lot to like about the game today, considering to flogging we copped.

Reimers, Lonegran, Hislop. All 10 kg off being the players they wil be, yet play as if they are already.

Lovett, best game i have seen him play. Copped the heaviest tag all day, yet was for mine the 2nd most effective player in the red and black. It wasn't his ussual 2 flashy goals, it was hard yacka for four quarters.

Stanton, his only problem is how highly some people rate him. Worked his arse off today, and was effective, always looking to go forward.

Welsh, suffered against Goodes, but was extremely effective when free of the role. Goes forward and kicks goals, Goes back and does the job. Love the way he goes about it.

Hille, Loved the way he went about it today. Rucked hard, played hard and continually worked for the team. I love the nutter streak that is evolving in him. He bleeds every game, he needs to pass it on.

Mc f****** Veigh. Pissing in the B&F ATM. Makes many others in the team look ordinary for their efforts.

Lloyd, not a massive goal return, but while your allowed to cheat up one end and not the other, not much more he could have done. He worked up the ground and provided much needed strength.

Honourable mentions go to Houli, Ryder, Fletch and Michael.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: We are far from done.

Post by swoodley »

Interesting post Sis, especially after I've just read the "Damning Stats" post.

You have been very positive about a number of players who didn't show out "stats wise"

I didn't see any of the game and the broadcast was confusing to say the least so it is interesting to be able to read a different view of things than what has been largely posted elsewhere.

Thanks for that.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Like the optimism, but that's pretty much all introspection there Sis. We are pitted against one of 15 teams teams on a week-to-week basis and at the moment we don't measure up to at least 13 of them.

I agree with your thoughts on Reimers, Lonergan, Hislop, Hille and McVeigh.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Sismis wrote:While the AFL allows the Swanettes to play their cheating brand of footy, it's always going to be tough for an up an coming team to roll them.

BUT there was a lot to like about the game today, considering to flogging we copped.

Reimers, Lonegran, Hislop. All 10 kg off being the players they wil be, yet play as if they are already.

Lovett, best game i have seen him play. Copped the heaviest tag all day, yet was for mine the 2nd most effective player in the red and black. It wasn't his ussual 2 flashy goals, it was hard yacka for four quarters.

Stanton, his only problem is how highly some people rate him. Worked his arse off today, and was effective, always looking to go forward.

Welsh, suffered against Goodes, but was extremely effective when free of the role. Goes forward and kicks goals, Goes back and does the job. Love the way he goes about it.

Hille, Loved the way he went about it today. Rucked hard, played hard and continually worked for the team. I love the nutter streak that is evolving in him. He bleeds every game, he needs to pass it on.

Mc f****** Veigh. Pissing in the B&F ATM. Makes many others in the team look ordinary for their efforts.

Lloyd, not a massive goal return, but while your allowed to cheat up one end and not the other, not much more he could have done. He worked up the ground and provided much needed strength.

wow, so optimistic.

I didn't think much of lovetts game at all. Turned it over plenty.

Welsh, Hille and McVeigh were our best.

In fact Hille is one bloody good ruckman. Its unfortunate that his backup(laycock) is such a dud.

Ryder? Let me see, Paddy is a champ, but I thought he had an off day? I mean his handball to an opposition player for a goal? Goodes got away from him when he was on him.

I struggle to give an honorable mention to any essendon player outside of the three above...I mean when you go down by 91 points to the Sydney swans....FFS.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Was Houli playing on Jarrod McVeigh predominately ? I thought so but with the way footy is played these days its harder to tell. If so, even if he didnt gather many possessions himself, he did a pretty good job of restricting McVeigh.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

MH_Bomber wrote:Was Houli playing on Jarrod McVeigh predominately ? I thought so but with the way footy is played these days its harder to tell. If so, even if he didnt gather many possessions himself, he did a pretty good job of restricting McVeigh.
J. McVeigh was actually tagging Lovett at some stages....
Essendunny
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Sis, you know I love ya but if you can possibly find any positives in that performance other than Nos 35 and 37, then you are an insane-o ridiculous optimist.

Honourable mentions to Ryder, Michael and Houli?? They all had under 10 possessions. Come on mate.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Ryder was a complete disgrace. His worst game for the club by far. He never got out of second gear and looked disinterested, which isn't suprising considering who he plays for.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Sismis wrote:While the AFL allows the Swanettes to play their cheating brand of footy, it's always going to be tough for an up an coming team to roll them.

Judging by that, did we only lose by 12 points?
Lovett was soft. There was no match up for Michael and Ryder played poorly.

Stanton was Stanton, and we all know what I think of him.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

gringo wrote:Ryder was a complete disgrace. His worst game for the club by far. He never got out of second gear and looked disinterested, which isn't suprising considering who he plays for.
and what is that supposed to mean? Isn't surprising considering who he plays for? Exactly which f****** team do you support mate?
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Brumaz wrote:
gringo wrote:Ryder was a complete disgrace. His worst game for the club by far. He never got out of second gear and looked disinterested, which isn't suprising considering who he plays for.
and what is that supposed to mean? Isn't surprising considering who he plays for? Exactly which f****** team do you support mate?
Good question. I wouldn't call it "support" though...

:wink: