good odds

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

good odds

Post by tom9779 »

if you think the dons can come good this week.

we pay over $3 for the win....against richmond #-o
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Re: good odds

Post by andrewb »

B: Slattery Fletcher Lovett-Murray
HB: Myers McPhee Hislop

We should be $7 again.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I think I'll throw my money down the drain instead.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

I think this game is a MASSIVE acid test for Knights.

Richmond are a team which are young, do not have the big bodies and are not experienced.

We have no excuse to not be competitive.

We also have a decent team in.... Mcphee/NLM/Watson should make a big impact, thats an injection of experience. those 3/4th year players that need to lift.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

tom9779 wrote:We also have a decent team in.... Mcphee/NLM/Watson should make a big impact, thats an injection of experience. those 3/4th year players that need to lift.
We've brought some experienced players in, but we also dropped two of our most experienced players in Michael and Rama. I don't think the team we're fielding this week is any more competitive than the one we fielded last week. That said, i do agree that if we get flogged by Richmond it will be the biggest indictment on us for the season thus far, particularly if Richmond's average players carve us up. If Richo and Nathan Brown have 50 disposals and 8+ goals between them then so be it, but we'll hit an all time low if those guys play average games and we still get hammered.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Last week completely snapped my sanity. I'm on board.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN!
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

Sismis wrote:Last week completely snapped my sanity. I'm on board.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN!
Sorry mate you are deluded.

We will lose by another huge margin and Richo will tear us a new one.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Sismis wrote:Last week completely snapped my sanity. I'm on board.

WE ARE GOING TO WIN!

I lost it ages ago(sanity).

we are going to give em a shake this week...

Mcphee I am tipping will have a blinder.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Richmond have shortened to $2.70 to beat us by more than 39.5. In other words, we are close to even money to get a flogging.

Still, I'm heading along for a gander. I've been brushing up on adjectives this week - it's a shame Laycock isn't playing.
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

gringo wrote:Richmond have shortened to $2.70 to beat us by more than 39.5. In other words, we are close to even money to get a flogging.

Still, I'm heading along for a gander. I've been brushing up on adjectives this week - it's a shame Laycock isn't playing.

With the Tigers having a relatively weak defence, I'm looking forward to seeing us kick some goals!

ok, so they might kick a bucket too....

you would hope lloyd would find the sticks(and the ball). if not hopefully neagle gets a couple.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Last time I had faith and parted with some cash I swore I would never back them again.

But thats been said before. I have had $100 on them (why oh why I dont know) but i am backing them to get up on the night and show everone that they are not as bad as they have been showing. $3 was good enough value for me and although Richmond have been playing well I am hoping for an inspirational showing and the spirit of the night (and maybe a quiet word from Longy) to give the boys a bit of fight and get them over the line...

Dont worry Megan if we lose I wont come anywhere near this board... Lesson learnt.
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Out to $3.85 on Sportsbet. I jumped too early at $3.30
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Stocksy, if you are rolling around in the money as you seem to be, send some over my way.

Not a chance tonight.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

rockhole wrote:Out to $3.85 on Sportsbet. I jumped too early at $3.30
$4.20 on Betfair

You boys are getting ripped off with corporate bookies I tell you what!!
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Rossoneri wrote:Stocksy, if you are rolling around in the money as you seem to be, send some over my way.

Not a chance tonight.
Playing with the TAB's money after a nice collect last week. Just sat down to get ready to see how the bet fairs only to find out West Coast on Channel 10 and west Coast on fox... Starting to really p..s me off.

Dont worry Ross if I am ever rolling in a shit load of cash will shout you all drinks each week when I fly over for the game, as that appears to be the only way I am ever going to get to watch the boys play...
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Stocksy wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Stocksy, if you are rolling around in the money as you seem to be, send some over my way.

Not a chance tonight.
Playing with the TAB's money after a nice collect last week. Just sat down to get ready to see how the bet fairs only to find out West Coast on Channel 10 and west Coast on fox... Starting to really p..s me off.

Dont worry Ross if I am ever rolling in a shit load of cash will shout you all drinks each week when I fly over for the game, as that appears to be the only way I am ever going to get to watch the boys play...
Where are you?

Mainevent is showing the game live in ACT/NSW see http://www.mainevent.com.au/afl.asp
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

WA, have contacted Foxtel before querying as to why they cant make main eevent available to any state that is not getting the game live and where the free to air station chooses the other game but 7 and 10 have them tied up with contracts and unlike when 9 and 10 had it and every game was shown 7 and 10 feel its best if we who pay for fox have no choice... Have no problem with 10 showing what they want but why stop fox from broadcasting the other game into that state?

Enough on that anyway, my bet looks like it is still stuck in the gate. Hoping for a better 3 quarters coming up. Sounds like we are being comprehensively beaten all over at the moment.