Just when you thought

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Just when you thought

Post by bomberdonnie »

that the cats were going to prove to be the greatest team ever....

Well looks like the 2000 Bombers have for at least another year vingertje
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Re: Just when you thought

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Yeah but f*** me, nobody likes to see Collingwood win games of football. Now where going to have to listen to the "how good Collingwood are" crap in the media for at least a week.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Who gives a f*** we all know the truth

Think of how much you will laugh when all this false hope comes to zip!!!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Goes to show that if we execute our gameplan well... that could have been us inflicting an 86 point thrashing over the reigning premiers. Unfortunately, we're nowhere near executing it on an average level.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I thought it was great to see those cocky mongrels knocked over.

Lets hope tomorrow brings another "Magpies knocking over last years premiers" and sees my local win :D vingertje
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

One on one, accountable football.

Just like Sheedy used to teach.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I think Geelong executed our game plan well. Lack of effort in applying pressure through the midfield - Didak, Thomas, Burns, Pendlebury, Shaw's ran through the middle with ease. Fumbling. Poor options. Dysfunctional forward line. Big losing margin. Just goes to show that sometimes midfields of the calibre of Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Selwood can be as unaccountable as anyone (although Ablett busted his guts tonight).

Did Bomber Thompson actually give a f***? Everytime they crossed to the coaches box he was just sitting there as if he was at a romantic candle lit dinner with Tania Zaetta. Not at any stage did I see him with a phone / headset or appear to be giving any instructions whatsoever. f***'n strange.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Apparently Ablett Bartel and Ling were not 100% but the question is why does a team bursting at the seams with talent need to play underdone players? Serves the arrogent pricks right!!

Didnt Selwood look ordinary in a losing team and Mooney is a fckin hack and the sooner everyone realises that the better
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:I think Geelong executed our game plan well. Lack of effort in applying pressure through the midfield - Didak, Thomas, Burns, Pendlebury, Shaw's ran through the middle with ease. Fumbling. Poor options. Dysfunctional forward line. Big losing margin. Just goes to show that sometimes midfields of the calibre of Ablett, Bartel, Corey, Selwood can be as unaccountable as anyone (although Ablett busted his guts tonight).

Did Bomber Thompson actually give a f***? Everytime they crossed to the coaches box he was just sitting there as if he was at a romantic candle lit dinner with Tania Zaetta. Not at any stage did I see him with a phone / headset or appear to be giving any instructions whatsoever. f***'n strange.
Ha!
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Wouldn't want to be Carlton next week... Thompson's post match comments:

...The loss, their first since Round 21 last year, saw the Cats with 14 fewer inside 50s, 21 fewer scoring shots, and 36 fewer tackles. Thompson signalled it was time for his side to start hunting rivals again.

"(The players) are not happy, and nobody is happy. It's been a long time since we have lost a game, and it's been a long time since we lost one by 86 points, but it gives us a chance to work on a few things.

"We have got the Blues in eight days, so we will go after them as hard as we can," he said.

"Sides have done it for the last three or four weeks; if they come at us and tackle us and they try to unsettle us and we let teams keep doing it, they will continue to do it all year.

"At some point we have got to give it back and that's what we are looking forward to doing."...
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Please tell me Bomber did NOT say "This is the game we had to Lose" Please!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Good on the Pies. I must be sick or something, but I'm genuinely happy for them. Better go have a lie down...

:wink: