Ability - The REAL Missing Ingrediant

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Ability - The REAL Missing Ingrediant

Post by robbie67 »

DUDoro should be shat on from a great height by any Essendon supporter that flies over him. One ******* retard after another playing for this club at the moment. Absolute ******* mongs.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Ability - The REAL Missing Ingrediant

Post by robbie67 »

They are ******* shit shit shit shit shit shit. Brainless, skilless, spineless, fuking tepid ******* joke.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

They ******* disgust me. How dare they even ware the ******* jumper!!!!
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I feel your anger and frustration rob. Even melbourne would be more competitive. Pathetic. :(
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

They are a ******* joke. I wouldnt spit on half of our blokes at the moment. McPhee, Welsh, Lovett-Murray are shaming the ******* jumper.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Whats Happened to Ryder lately! i dunno whats going on :?:

no-one can take a mark, no-one can kick accurately, no-one can pick up the f****** ball!!!!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Outside of Lloyd and a couple of others, no one looks interested out there tonight.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Jazz_84 wrote:Whats Happened to Ryder lately! i dunno whats going on :?:

no-one can take a mark, no-one can kick accurately, no-one can pick up the f****** ball!!!!!!
I was thinking the same thing. When would anyone have accused Ryder of being lazy on the field? Of course he looks like he's in second gear most of the time, but just plain not bothering with simple things is not acceptable.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Paddy Ryder... the new poster boy for supporter frustration.

What about that Myers c***? That Daniher c***? That Hislop c***?

And wasn't Jetta just shithouse.

Lucky Reimers performed or we'd have to give Dodoro the sack... mind you, those shoes...
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

andrewb wrote:Paddy Ryder... the new poster boy for supporter frustration.
What about that Myers c***? That Daniher c***? That Hislop c***?

And wasn't Jetta just shithouse.

Lucky Reimers performed or we'd have to give Dodoro the sack... mind you, those shoes...
I don't think that's it at all. It's a legitimate query over what's going on with him in the last few weeks. Of course, he's allowed to have a down patch, and he is just a kid. It's just strange that he's been so lazy in the last couple of weeks. Letting easy spoils or marks go without any effort, not creating contests he'd normally win easily, not applying tackles that require just a little effort and so on. It's frustration, yes, but confusion as to what's happening with him. Perhaps a barometer of our team?
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Draft notes were along the lines that he was brilliant but didn't impose himself on games. That's why he was ideally suited to a negating backline position. He is forced to participate in contests. Not sure if he's a ruckman or a forward. If he's playing in the ruck he's got to learn to jump over the opposing ruckman rather than around and if he's going to play forward he's going to have to realise that it's work rate that does you favours up there rather than talent.

Selection table:

Option 1: Drop Jason Laycock
Option 2: Drop Mal Michael

Mutually exclusive unless you bring Bellchambers up.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Then bring on Bellchambers, I say!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

We can't allow Hille to carry the ruck by himself.

Bellchambers must be brought into the team.

Laycock cannot be promoted for a very long time and Ryder is not competitive or interested ATM.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

You know what the problem is? It's that Laycock is even there. We have drafted an absolute truckload or ordinary footballers in the last 10 years. In fact the truck is so ******* big, that it's a road train, and some of these guys are getting a game based purely on the fact we have no one else. You know that Mark McVeigh, and David Hille are the ONLY (Rama excepted) good players we have drafted since Scott Lucas.They are the ONLY ones who has made it as fully fledged above average AFL footballers. Granted, Alwyn Davey if he ever gets his body right is almost there already, but you guys give me the name of ANYONE else. I will pick their game to pieces for you.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

robbie67 wrote:You know what the problem is? It's that Laycock is even there. We have drafted an absolute truckload or ordinary footballers in the last 10 years. In fact the truck is so ******* big, that it's a road train, and some of these guys are getting a game based purely on the fact we have no one else. You know that Mark McVeigh, and David Hille are the ONLY (Rama excepted) good players we have drafted since Scott Lucas.They are the ONLY ones who has made it as fully fledged above average AFL footballers. Granted, Alwyn Davey if he ever gets his body right is almost there already, but you guys give me the name of ANYONE else. I will pick their game to pieces for you.
I completely agree and my count there are 7 players on out list ATM that are extremely fortunate to be known as AFL footballers.

2, 6, 20, 21, 27, 32 and 42.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Staggy wrote:32
Lol at me. I openly admit i had to go to the Essendon website to see who the hell #32 was.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

I agree Robbie & I reckon the last few weeks it has hit Knights right between the eyes; hence his change in tack in playing the kids & writing this season off.

I've mentioned them already, but Welsh, NLM, Lovett, McPhee, Laycock, Dyson & Winders for starters. There's 7 blokes who will never play in a GF & wouldn't get a gig at Geelong, Hawthorn or the Filth. The first 4 have been 'protected' somewhat in the past by Sheeds playing experienced players around them, but given the mantle of reponsibility as senior players now, they are found to be wanting big time.

The last 3 might have the skills, but I'm not convinced they have got the ticker.

When Knights started this season, he probably had these 7 down as regular first players who would play consistently week in/week out, so that he could slowly introduce young blokes as the season progressed. They have been found out, so he has had to change tact & just keeping playing the young blokes regardless & let them sink or swim (you can guess which one we are doing atm).
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I'll stick my neck out and state that the missing ingrediant is confidence. I saw a lot of this team in pre season training, in NAB Cup matches and in two excellent wins against North and Carlton. Their skills at times were sublime so why do players like Monfies, Watson, Stanton and even Nash who were hitting a zack at 40 paces, now cannot hit the side of a barn. They collectively take the wrong options, fall over, handball to either no one , the opposition or thin air.

These guys have the talent. We have seen it. They are going through a murderous patch were their is no Sir James to pull them out and inspire them. Whatever team harmony we had was trashed through injury and has never recovered. We see glimpses but usually for one quarter.

Having said this, I came within a bee's dick of leaving my first game ever at half time. The second quarter eclipses anything I can recall from the seventies, which admittedly is not much. It was gut wrenching to see your team reduced to a total rabble after having a sniff of their potential pre season.

I have seen it all before. We will pull out of this slump and we will play more competitive footy before the year is out. It is hard to imagine right now, but it will happen. This is not just wishful thinking but based on history. I just cannot believe that we are as bad as it appears on the moment.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

By the way guys. All 3 of the posts that started this thread were made at half time of the game. A half time for the first time in 27 years where I wasnt having a smoke. So i was a tad tense. That being said. I actually stand by it.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

No excuses now Robbie. Trouble was, I was saying out loud at the gane everything that you wrote about!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark