I Hate Eddie McGuire

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

I Hate Eddie McGuire

Post by Madden »

I am absolutely seething after reading this article. The bold parts made me seethe the most. What a smug, arrogant little fker. He trumps Collingwoods moral superiority in relation to their jumper (even though they have changed their jumper multiple times), and then, as if that wasn't enough, he uses Collingwood's financial superiority to bully North into submission.

f***. You.

PIES AND NORTH IN FIGHT TO EARN THEIR STRIPES
The Age - May 26 2008

NORTH MELBOURNE chief executive Eugene Arocca and Collingwood president Eddie McGuire have locked horns over clash guernseys to be used in their round-16 match, engaging in a war of words on radio yesterday.

Central to the debate was a disagreement over conditions in Arocca's contract. McGuire claims to have given permission for Arocca to break his contract with Collingwood and take on his role at Arden Street on the condition that the Kangaroos agreed to change their jumper in games against Collingwood.

"We have an agreement in place that the Kangaroos would not wear their stripes against Collingwood," he said. "Part of that agreement goes back to us supporting North Melbourne in their bid to remain autonomous, to leave the Gold Coast and to receive the payments from the AFL.

"It also goes back to me giving permission to the Kangaroos to approach Eugene Arocca and then to release him from his contract to be their CEO.
So as far as I'm concerned there is no issue."

Arocca claims to be "staggered" by the claim and says no permission was required because he already had a clause in his contract allowing him to leave Collingwood if he was offered a chief executive position elsewhere.

"I had an agreement in place (at Collingwood) that allowed me to resign at any time," said Arocca. "I'm staggered at the suggestion that even permission to interview me was taken to be a binding agreement whereby North Melbourne gave up its right to wear the jumper."

McGuire said Collingwood had a written agreement with Port Adelaide that the Pies would not have to change their jumpers against the Power. He has now requested a similar arrangement with North Melbourne and has made it clear that the Pies will take further action if they do not get what they want.

"Don't North want the Collingwood people to turn up to that game? If we are forced to wear another jumper we'll put a big screen down at the Lexus Centre and they can come and watch it there..
"I can't understand why they'd want us to wear something we've never worn in 110 years of football against a club that has a great tradition of being innovative," McGuire said. "They've changed their jumper, they've sold their jumper; two years ago we played them and there was a hoo-ha about this, and the next week, it was a home game and they wore a different jumper."

Arocca brushed aside McGuire's comments about Collingwood helping North Melbourne. "I worry about clubs that seek to use those sort of threats as a means to achieving their own outcomes. To have that hanging over our head as a constant threat or reminder is, on one view, disgraceful."

Arocca spoke to McGuire on Friday but says the only agreement in place is that North Melbourne would wear its clash jumper this year.

"We've agreed for this year to wear the alternate strip as directed by the AFL, but going forward, we're certainly not going to take that position," Arocca said. "We're going to insist on wearing our home jumper in our home games."

North is saying the league has ordered it to wear the alternative strip or risk a $100,000 fine.

Re: I Hate Eddie McGuire

Post by Doctor Fish »

Just another example of how the AFL sold its soul for the almighty dollar Stag. It's all about mulah. If you ain't got any, you're going nowhere and those that do, call the shots. Hope you weren't listening to Eddy on SEN this morning. If this article upset you, you would have choked on your cornies...

I'd chip in a couple of bucks to pay that fine and stick it up the Pies.

:wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well I'll be barracking F****** hard for the Roos. Would really love to see them get thumped.

And just on the Roos, isn't it amazing how these guys just keep on keeping on. They are just managing to exist as a club, yet the players play with "shinboner spirit" that many scoff at, and say it "doesn't exist". Well just look at the F****** way they play. Compare their heart and soul in their efforts to win despite a lack of just about everything else we might have as a club - facilities, money, supporters, culture, a future.

I keep saying it......they have a coach that no-one rates, they have a list that no-one admires, they have a future that no-one wants. But they play with absolute guts and determination regardless.
Essendunny
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

BenDoolan wrote:Well I'll be barracking F****** hard for the Roos. Would really love to see them get thumped.

And just on the Roos, isn't it amazing how these guys just keep on keeping on. They are just managing to exist as a club, yet the players play with "shinboner spirit" that many scoff at, and say it "doesn't exist". Well just look at the F****** way they play. Compare their heart and soul in their efforts to win despite a lack of just about everything else we might have as a club - facilities, money, supporters, culture, a future.

I keep saying it......they have a coach that no-one rates, they have a list that no-one admires, they have a future that no-one wants. But they play with absolute guts and determination regardless.
Well said BD. I drove past Arden Street the other day. Seriously couldn't believe it. Looked like an old Apex Park gone derelict. They must be really skint. There isn't even a fence! Maybe we might have to buy a couple slabs of shinboner spirit. It'd be good if they sold it on tap...

:-k
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Well that's that then.

The AFL will be forced to demand Collingwood to come up with a clash jumper that does not clash, now that this issue has come up, and so they should be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

BenDoolan wrote:Well I'll be barracking F****** hard for the Roos. Would really love to see them get thumped.

I keep saying it......they have a coach that no-one rates, they have a list that no-one admires, they have a future that no-one wants. But they play with absolute guts and determination regardless
It's shameful isnt it? With all of our resources, we have become the antithesis of them. We are rich, smug, and hopeless. With "Roy the boy" in charge, and the list in the shape that it is in, I have nothing but despair.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Thank you for reminding me, just in case i was at risk of forgetting, that Eddie is a sanctimonious, self-righteous, arrogant, jingoistic, fat c***.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Thank you for reminding me, just in case i was at risk of forgetting, that Eddie is a sanctimonious, self-righteous, arrogant, jingoistic, fat c***.
Five of his better character traits.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robbie67 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Thank you for reminding me, just in case i was at risk of forgetting, that Eddie is a sanctimonious, self-righteous, arrogant, jingoistic, fat c***.
Five of his better character traits.
Indeed. Although i reckon i was using the word 'c***' as an adjectival noun, so i reckon we can say that i mentioned six of his better character traits :D.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

STUPID thing is,it shouldn't even be an issue.

But the ones who made it an issue,are SLITHERING UNDER the RADAR,SNIGGERING at 2 clubs BICKERING over who should do what,when EVERY FOOTBALL FAN who KNOWS THEIR FOOTBALL CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE.

Except BLOODY VLAD(Jo was a BIGGER BASTARD,Vlad's almost a compliment)and ADOLPH!

But McGUIRE,f****** SHUDDUP! :evil:
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Doctor Fish wrote:Just another example of how the AFL sold its soul for the almighty dollar Stag. It's all about mulah. If you ain't got any, you're going nowhere and those that do, call the shots. Hope you weren't listening to Eddy on SEN this morning. If this article upset you, you would have choked on your cornies...
I heard the interview replayed on Footy Classified last night, and yes, I did end up screaming at the television.

He actuually said that if North refuse to wear their away jumper then Collingwood will formally request not to play away games vs North as part of their fixuring submissions to the AFL. Unbelievable.

This guy is a dead set farkwit. I hope Brayshaw comes out breathing fire on Thursday night and sticks it up the pr!ck.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Staggy wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:Just another example of how the AFL sold its soul for the almighty dollar Stag. It's all about mulah. If you ain't got any, you're going nowhere and those that do, call the shots. Hope you weren't listening to Eddy on SEN this morning. If this article upset you, you would have choked on your cornies...
I heard the interview replayed on Footy Classified last night, and yes, I did end up screaming at the television.

He actuually said that if North refuse to wear their away jumper then Collingwood will formally request not to play away games vs North as part of their fixuring submissions to the AFL. Unbelievable.

This guy is a dead set farkwit. I hope Brayshaw comes out breathing fire on Thursday night and sticks it up the pr!ck.
He won't because they're "good mates"...
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Just like he WOULDN'T complain about SYDNEY had too many players on the field,then had the TEMERITY to demand 4 points for it.

He was DEAD WRONG on that,but should tell McGUIRE to SHUT HIS TRAP on the Guernsey issue. :roll:
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I have to admit (and I'm sorry about this) that I have generally been a supporter of Eddie's. Liked him on Triple M calling the footy, and thought he used to make sense whenever he talked about the game in general.

Obviously withdrawing from the media spotlight of 9 and radio has left him to focus on Collingwood and completely f***** up any sense of reason, fair play and concern for the game as a whole he may (or may not) have once had. He's been a dead set c*** over this issue.

I hope North Melbourne smash Collingwood, and I reckon they will. I know I'll be tuning in to cheer them on.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Heard him on radio yesterday say how you are guaranteed 2 things from the media.
a) They will write soft articles about Bombers
b) Any time a player comes out of contract, they are always linked to Collingwood.
Nearly stacked my car when I heard him say this rubbish. Two words Mcguire - f*** off.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

The worst part in all this is; for all these character flaws he has, which are MANY, he is still a 100000000000000000000 better president than our clown, sad really!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I would like to see Eddie in Dimmy's job. There is no lacking of passion for the Woods but equally, no lack of passion for the game.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark