Player Payments

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dheal
Top Up Player

Player Payments

Post by dheal »

I'm not sure how this could be implemented with current contracts but a system should be introduced that players are paid on performance based levels.Have a base payment to cover time spent at training & to cover time spent out injured, a loading could be given to those in the leadership group. But the remaining payments be determined on how they perform on match day based on the level of experience, commitment, courage, skill, attitude,tackles, goals scored for & against. This might prompt those on cruise control with fat contracts to pull their fingers out & actually earn their money.So supporters won't have to put up with trash served up in the first half of last week.Fair dinkum i've been a loyal member for over 35plus years & hav'nt seen a worse performance than last week in all that time. PLAYERS ITS TIME TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE NOW.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Player Payments

Post by swoodley »

I don't know the actual details, but I'm pretty sure that clubs do use performance based contracts with a lot of their players.

Players such as Lloyd, Fletch & Scotty would be on a standard contract but others would probably have incentives built in. In fact, from memory, I believe that Lloydy used to get extra $$$$ depending on the number of goals he kicked.

Younger players also tend to have basic contracts with incentives built in with regard to actual games played in the seniors.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I'll make the same comment as i did on another thread regarding this issue:
1) Millions of Australians get paid to go to work and do a shit job every day. Get over it.
2) Every club must pay a minimum percentage of the salary cap - around 92% if memory serves. So we can't say 'hey, we're 80% worse than Geelong so we should only pay our players 20% of the salary cap'.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Have the total player payments for the week adjusted by using points +- odds. So if the odds were around even money for under 15 points win, then any 15+ win would result in an increase in total player payments for the week. & any loss would be a decrease with bigger margins influencing the payments even more. Keeps the team honest.

After working out the base total player payments for the week, apply an adjusted rate for individual players based on their performance/payments for the week.
Rank the players according to performance that week, & if a player ranks higher than their payment ranking, then they get a % increase towards their share of the BTPP & vice versa.

Apply a similar scales to the coach & staff to keep them honest as well.

Any money left over in the cap for a poor year will be placed in my beer fund. This is so I can put up with finals time. Anyone who agrees with me can share in the beer fund.