Matthew Lloyd

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Matthew Lloyd

Post by Rossoneri »

Now I know that this thread will end up being a bashing thread of him later tonight, but lets start it off in a positive note.

Last week was the best game he has played this year. Though he only kicked 4 goals (has had bigge bags this year) it was great to see the champ not go to ground easily. A couple of times he ended up on the turf but that was from losing his balance or being hit hard, but he got up quickly. When e goes to ground with a slight touch, while its frustrating for the fans, surely it saps confidence in the others as well. NOt because he is captain, but because he is our champion FF.

When your forward is presenting well, leading hard and crashing packs, the rest of the team lifts and has confidence in kicking it to him.

Its not impossible to captain a side from FF, but you have to know your limitations and the way you can instill confidence into the team will be slightly different to how a midfielder gets confidence into his team.

So Lloyd, you are a champ, easily one of the best FF of the past 15-20 years and the best at Essendon that I have seen. Keep your feet and you'll get to 1000 goals by round 17 next year.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Matthew Lloyd

Post by bomberdonnie »

Great to see someone paying respect to a super champion Ross

I have a feeling that he will get about 6 decent chances tonight so I hope he manages to kick 3 or 4 out of that. In saying that if he does what you have suggested and lead from the front crash packs and stays on his ******* feet then I dont care if he gets 1

Crownies are $45 at my local and I think I am going to need most of them tonight
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bomberdonnie wrote:Great to see someone paying respect to a super champion Ross

I have a feeling that he will get about 6 decent chances tonight so I hope he manages to kick 3 or 4 out of that. In saying that if he does what you have suggested and lead from the front crash packs and stays on his ******* feet then I dont care if he gets 1

Crownies are $45 at my local and I think I am going to need most of them tonight
$45? You're kidding?!?!?!?!?!?!
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Rossoneri wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Great to see someone paying respect to a super champion Ross

$45? You're kidding?!?!?!?!?!?!
I'd assume a typo lol!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Per slab would be about right.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

$45/carton... Isnt that hard to believe surely?

I buy beer by the box!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

bomberdonnie wrote:$45/carton... Isnt that hard to believe surely?

I buy beer by the box!!
I prefer mine in bottles or cans...I would think that the box would get a bit soggy and fall apart :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Rosso, next time you are going to give one of the players a wrap, just don't. He was ******* awful tonight.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

robbie67 wrote:Rosso, next time you are going to give one of the players a wrap, just don't. He was ******* awful tonight.
Had a pretty good moment (but about all) in the second quarter where he was chasing hard, tackling hard and imposing himself while we were looking to trap the ball inside our F50. That's what we needed the whole game, but he wasn't why we lost. Winnable game (it turns out), but we let it slip.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

robbie67 wrote:Rosso, next time you are going to give one of the players a wrap, just don't. He was ******* awful tonight.
That is a nice way to put it Robbie... You getting soft now that you are off the cigs?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Boyler_Room wrote:
Had a pretty good moment (but about all) in the second quarter where he was chasing hard, tackling hard and imposing himself while we were looking to trap the ball inside our F50. That's what we needed the whole game, but he wasn't why we lost. Winnable game (it turns out), but we let it slip.
To be honest, it was only Adelaide's woeful kicking for goal that kept us in it. It was a much better effort tonight though.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

robbie67 wrote:
Boyler_Room wrote:
To be honest, it was only Adelaide's woeful kicking for goal that kept us in it. It was a much better effort tonight though.
Unfortunately they kicked them when they counted... like when Lloyd ran across the mark! What was he thinking??? That's a first gamer's mistake. Not a 240 gamer's.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

OK I can understand when he goes to ground when somebody runs through the back of him but why the f*** does he have to go to ground when he's standing still FFS.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

Bomber_Fan wrote:OK I can understand when he goes to ground when somebody runs through the back of him but why the f*** does he have to go to ground when he's standing still FFS.
This has been driving me insane for the last 3-4 years now. It seems a given that when Lloyd is in a marking contest, or sometimes otherwise, he goes straight to ground - regardless of whether he's under pressure or not.
Can someone please teach him that he has two feet and needs to have them on the ground with the pins pointing upwards in order to run and get into the 2nd, 3rd and subsequent contests?
I don't care what they do or how they do it - get him out of this ridiculous and damaging habit!!!
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

At the risk of stating the bleeding obvious, he's down on confidence, and I think that is a factor for his complete lack of balance at the monent, though he was always had the tendency to fall forrd as he's marking the ball, but now he's not holding them either. Also notice that his toes are often pointed to the ground when he jumps fro a mark. No wonder he's falling over.

I am predicting that if he can't turn his form slump around by year-end he will give up the captaincy and it will go back to David Hille who thrived on the responsibility when Lloydy detatched his hammy.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

WTF??????? he is kicking valuable goals every game with THE WORST DELIVERY IN THE COMP! Last year he finished in the top 10 goal kickers! What do you people want from him?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:WTF??????? he is kicking valuable goals every game with THE WORST DELIVERY IN THE COMP! Last year he finished in the top 10 goal kickers! What do you people want from him?
:?: :?: :?:
Essendunny
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

With the amount of inside 50s we have, Lloyd has to be given credit for staying awake.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Where is LisK when needed? :)
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Royza wrote:With the amount of inside 50s we have, Lloyd has to be given credit for staying awake.
On this note, we have been converting our inside 50s pretty well. On Friday night we had 36 I50s for 19 scoring shots. We're just not getting the ball inside 50 enough to kick really competitive scores... unless the opposition are really wayward (a la Adelaide on Friday).

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant