Jetta

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Jetta

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Can't decide whether I like him or not. Always seems to be chasing players - yet hardly gets any possessions. Looks like he runs hard. Don't our players want to kick it to him?
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Re: Jetta

Post by Boyler_Room »

Thought he applied a stack of pressure but his finish hurt us. Needed to kick that goal from the free in the last quarter. That would have really hurt Adelaide. His defensive pressure has been excellent, but you're right, he doesn't rack up the possessions, does he? Just the 8 touches tonight, but 4 tackles.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He's young and he's struggling. He hasn't got the intensity and tenacity of a Lonergan or a Reimers to run into contests. He's an outside player, and if he isn't given the ball, he won't get it. One thing in his favour is that he chases hard and provides pressure.
Essendunny
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

He has really lost his way after an exciting start to his career

He doesnt seem to run away from anyone nor does he seem to catch anyone... 8 dissposals is a very poor return and not sure if he is going to add a lot of value to the team int he future.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

bomberdonnie wrote:
He doesnt seem to run away from anyone nor does he seem to catch anyone
Exactly what I'm thinking too despite that he chases - glad that others share my sentiments.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Needs to improve dramatically. If they were golfers, he would be Alwyn Davey's caddy.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Still very young and very inexperienced and has been injured this year.

He also did a few good things tonight.

He's a high draft pick and we haven't had that much time to look at him yet.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Injury has slowed him down a bit... not trusting the hammies methinks. I think in two or three weeks he'll start looking the goods again.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

robbie67 wrote:Needs to improve dramatically. If they were golfers, he would be Alwyn Davey's caddy.
:D
Bleeding for the red and black
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Too small
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:He's young and he's struggling. He hasn't got the intensity and tenacity of a Lonergan or a Reimers to run into contests. He's an outside player, and if he isn't given the ball, he won't get it. One thing in his favour is that he chases hard and provides pressure.
I reckon he has lost confidence with firstly the hammy and secondly losing his partner in crime, Davies. Remeber earier in the year, these guys were running down anyone with the ball and you do not have to have the strength of Jonathan Brown to lay an effective tackle from behind.

The kid has a great pedigree and I believe over the next couple of weeks, he will pick up.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

andrewb wrote:Injury has slowed him down a bit... not trusting the hammies methinks. I think in two or three weeks he'll start looking the goods again.
Could not have put it better. Every time he was on the bench the physio's were working his hammies over...give him a few games to gain a little confidence in the legs and I reckon he will come good again :)
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

He wasn't too bad at the start of the season but he did spend a lot of time on the bench from what I'm aware of last night getting work done on his hamstring. I think he does have value to add to our side, but for the time being he should go back to the seconds and find confidence in himself again, just doesn't seem to have that spark of speed he did earlier in the season. I also think Knights constantly throwing him on the ball isn't helping the cause he should stay deep forward crumbing everything and just playing the goal sneak it would do wonders for his confidence.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He hasn't set the team on fire like he and Davey did early last year. I'd like to see him work more defensively in the forward line ala Davey, but maybe the hammie confidence is down.

He needs to improve to hold his spot I think.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Stop using him through the middle - just get him to apply pressure up forward and try to crumb/earn frees to kick goals. Like Davey last year.
hop wrote:Too small
Bigger than Davey.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

His best game for the club today. Lots of direct goal assists, good tackling and pressure, looked good every time he had the ball (except for missing those few shots on goal). Excellent.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

jimmyc1985 wrote:His best game for the club today. Lots of direct goal assists, good tackling and pressure, looked good every time he had the ball (except for missing those few shots on goal). Excellent.
Without being able to see the game and only listening to the crappy 6PR commentary (who only gave votes for Fremantle players!!!!) I thought that Jetta must have been BOG for us with the amount of times his name was mentioned and the fact that just about every time he got the ball he burned someone off, hit a target which resulted in a goal or had a ping himself (unfortunately missing). Went missing for periods though, but I had a feeling he was on the bench during those times. I know he was on the bench immediately after a very good piece of play that led to Lucas kicking the goal that ended up winning us the game.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Definitely his best game to date. Showed pace and strength in breaking tackles.
This boy can play.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

As I said earlier in this post, he's young, he's away from his native WA, but he got speed he's unselfish, and tonight against Freo he was outstanding.

Get out the cotton wool, wrap him up for a bit and a star will unveil.

BE PATIENT!
On the Rookie List

Post by 84859300 »

Foxtel interviewed Knights after the game and asked him about Jetta.

From what I recall Knights said that Jetta didn't look like he'd seen a beep test and his fitness was horrible at the start of the season. (Someone who recorded the game will correct me word for word). But IMHO, I thought the Leroy was always pretty hard at if for the first half of games and then faded out and went missing. This then provides insight into why this was the case and now opens up a whole new chapter on how he has performed during the last couple of weeks and how he will go with afull preseason under his belt.

I also noticed that he came off the bench late into the 3rd when we piled on a few quick goals. It seems he is being well managed with his fintness if that was the case because his last 5 minutes was pivital in the context of an end to end quarter for us.
First name: Mr
Second name: period
Last name: T