Not all is doom and gloom...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Not all is doom and gloom...

Post by stryper »

Very proud of the boys last night even though they got blown away in the second half...
The facts are that they need another year or two to develop their bodies mainly,fitness and elite skills...

This Group of players will be a good playing group...

They have shown that they are capable of matching it with the top sides for at least a half...

Problem being that they run out of steam due to their inexperience and very young side eg. They tire and their skills suffer badly - The opposition gets on top...

This Essendon Team - I can see great things for the future...

Certainly won't be great this year BUT another year or 2 - Watch out!!!

Don't forget last night we had 1 of the best Teams on toast if we had of made the most out of our oppurtunities...

Simple fact - Didn't convert and Stupid 50 metre penalties just after half time cost us dearly...

This side came out at the start of the year and had so much pace...Problem was that their bodies couldn't keep up - injurys galore, so they have had to relearn another game plan and have quicly picked up on the teachings...

Great things in store for us in the future my friends...

Hang on for the ride as we Won't be down for long - Don't need to Tank Are Not Carlscum - We are the Mighty Bombers and We will be a Team to be Feared Again in the Not Too Distant Future!!!

The Strypes has Spoken!!! :wink:
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Not all is doom and gloom...

Post by paddyl90 »

Great analysis of the game. I agree 100%. We're slowly improving. I think we will knock of the Eagles next week.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Just have to have faith in the likes of Houli, Reimers, Lonergan, Myers, Pears etc. They all have made a good account for themselves at various stages. They all look composed and switched on so early in their careers. These are good signs.

We need the likes of Neagle, Daniher and Gumbleton to also step up in the next 12 - 24 months to replace our aging KPP stars.

And we certainly need injury prone guys like Dempsey and Davey to give us full seasons.
Essendunny
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

I was happy with our intensity last night at the start - we were tackling and bumping players. Yes we only produced two good quarters of football but it's better than only the one that we have been producing for a few weeks. I would like our players to learn to throw the ball seeing that all other teams are allowed to get away with it week in week out.
Hawthorn got a soft free kick at the start and were then allowed to throw the ball out to get a clearance - signs were looking ominous for a smashing.
Memo to umpires - Chance Bateman is a big boy so he can look after himself. Please don't give him soft free kicks inside our forward 50 a)when he is outmarked by a taller player b)when he is tackled by a player double his height and ducks his head. Thank you Sammy, for corking that prick's thigh. Considering that Hawthorn have been getting away with their deliberate corks since the start of the season. Fortunately our boys didn't let it get to them for the first half.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

stryper wrote:Certainly won't be great this year BUT another year or 2 - Watch out!!!

Hang on for the ride as we Won't be down for long - Don't need to Tank Are Not Carlscum - We are the Mighty Bombers and We will be a Team to be Feared Again in the Not Too Distant Future!!!
Like your positivity, but we'll be shit for more than another year or two. More like watch out in 2013. And we've already been down a long time - 13th in 2005, 15th in 2006, 12th in 2007 after finagling a number of close wins, 14-15th this year, and probably bottom 4 again next year. I would say being in the bottom 5 for 5 straight years would constitute being down for a long time.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Good to see a bit of optimism creeping in on and off the field. Agree with most. Bigger bodies, more games and further good drafting choices and we'll turn it around pretty quickly.

Franklin (Hymie), what a freak! Good effort Paddy regardless...
Makaveli
High Draft Pick

Post by Makaveli »

BenDoolan wrote:Just have to have faith in the likes of Houli, Reimers, Lonergan, Myers, Pears etc. They all have made a good account for themselves at various stages. They all look composed and switched on so early in their careers. These are good signs..
Lets just wait and see how these guys develop past say there 3rd year, i seem to remember bradley, dyson, monfries, laycock etc. all looking like future stars in there first few years, then hit a brick wall.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Like the positive nature of this thread - and I agree there are signs of improvement.

I just hope a win isn't too far away - the team needs it and so does the coach.

Wishful thinking - but the next 3 games are all winnable and that should be the mantra at the club over the next week.

How did Gumby go for Bendigo?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

hop wrote:Like the positive nature of this thread - and I agree there are signs of improvement.

Wishful thinking - but the next 3 games are all winnable and that should be the mantra at the club over the next week.

They play today Hop. I'll be heading along just to keep an eye on things...

:wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Doctor Fish wrote:
hop wrote:Like the positive nature of this thread - and I agree there are signs of improvement.

Where are they playing Doc?
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:

Where are they playing Doc?
Box Hill
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!