Rama

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Rama

Post by bomberdonnie »

Was ready to call for him to go at half time but f*** he was back to the old Rama after that... Still not at his best tonight but showed a glimpse after half time

And I ******* love the guy!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Rama

Post by BenDoolan »

Hmmmm.......I reckon he's better playing a forward role than a defensive role. He's a clever footballer, so he's better suited to creating opportunites than trying to negate them IMO.
Essendunny
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:Hmmmm.......I reckon he's better playing a forward role than a defensive role. He's a clever footballer, so he's better suited to creating opportunites than trying to negate them IMO.
That's why he was so good creating off a back flank or on the wing, but these days we've got other players that fill those same roles and he's often relegated to a back pocket type negating role which doesn't suit his style of play. He looked good in the forward line tonight. Would like to see him stay in that sort of role, especially now that Welsh has moved to the middle (and out of the forward line) playing his run-with roles.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

thought he really struggled overall. did improve in the second half - but that wasn't hard after he was towelled up in the 1st.
onzman
Regular Senior Player

Post by onzman »

Much more suited in the forward line imo.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

He was certainly towelled up in the first half but did ohk in the second. Looked quite dangerous as a small forward. With Houli, Lovey and Licha to come back not sure if he will hold his spot this week though.
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

I love the guy and am in awe of his ability to come back from cancer twice to play football again. But in my oppinion he is too slow and soft and lacks physical capacity to compete at AFL level. Wouldnt get a spot in any other team and probably doesn't deserve a spot in ours on ability alone. Whether his inspiring attitude and courage is enough to earn him a spot despite his physical limitations, im sitting on the fence on that one, hence why im not calling for his axing but wont be distraught if he is dropped.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Not a shut-down player, should play wing and half-forward.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Chris wrote:I love the guy and am in awe of his ability to come back from cancer twice to play football again. But in my oppinion he is too slow and soft and lacks physical capacity to compete at AFL level. Wouldnt get a spot in any other team and probably doesn't deserve a spot in ours on ability alone. Whether his inspiring attitude and courage is enough to earn him a spot despite his physical limitations, im sitting on the fence on that one, hence why im not calling for his axing but wont be distraught if he is dropped.
He can play as long as he wants and we have enough kids getting games at the moment.
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

Western Red wrote:
Chris wrote:I love the guy and am in awe of his ability to come back from cancer twice to play football again. But in my oppinion he is too slow and soft and lacks physical capacity to compete at AFL level. Wouldnt get a spot in any other team and probably doesn't deserve a spot in ours on ability alone. Whether his inspiring attitude and courage is enough to earn him a spot despite his physical limitations, im sitting on the fence on that one, hence why im not calling for his axing but wont be distraught if he is dropped.
He can play as long as he wants and we have enough kids getting games at the moment.
As a half forward or forward pocket maybe, but jetta and when he returns davey will certainly be picked ahead of rama for this role. IMO, as a half back he is too slow and soft, and when fit, JJ culd still provide us with hardness and run from the backline in that role far more effectively than rama. Although I know allot of people wont agree with me on that one.

On the other side though, on pure inspiration and example alone maybe he does deserve a spot. I mean how can anyone complain about workload and training commitment when a guy has recovered from cancer twice and is putting in the hard yards to play elite football. People like Licha should be ashamed of their work ethic in the presence of rama, no doubt about that.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Chris wrote:
Western Red wrote:
As a half forward or forward pocket maybe, but jetta and when he returns davey will certainly be picked ahead of rama for this role. IMO, as a half back he is too slow and soft, and when fit, JJ culd still provide us with hardness and run from the backline in that role far more effectively than rama. Although I know allot of people wont agree with me on that one.

On the other side though, on pure inspiration and example alone maybe he does deserve a spot. I mean how can anyone complain about workload and training commitment when a guy has recovered from cancer twice and is putting in the hard yards to play elite football. People like Licha should be ashamed of their work ethic in the presence of rama, no doubt about that.
What the f***? What evidence do you have that Winderlich has no work ethic? The kid bust his gut when he is fully fit. See games v WCE and Syd middle of last year - outstanding.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Winderlich has been lucky to play a game this year where he hasn't been under an injury cloud.

Ramas best has always been off half back(whoever suggested wing/forward??? wtf ?)

He is out of sorts, perhaps the game has past him...his decision making is that half a second too slow for AFL, and his execution is not up to his normal standard.

seriously we need to play our best 22 every week. no ifs no buts. playing the kids happens because our best are mostly kids...a few of our seniors suck.
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

tonysoprano wrote: What the f***? What evidence do you have that Winderlich has no work ethic? The kid bust his gut when he is fully fit. See games v WCE and Syd middle of last year - outstanding.
Your right, I was thinking Laycock and lyped Licha, dunno why i did that.
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

tom9779 wrote:Winderlich has been lucky to play a game this year where he hasn't been under an injury cloud.

Ramas best has always been off half back(whoever suggested wing/forward??? wtf ?)

He is out of sorts, perhaps the game has past him...his decision making is that half a second too slow for AFL, and his execution is not up to his normal standard.

seriously we need to play our best 22 every week. no ifs no buts. playing the kids happens because our best are mostly kids...a few of our seniors suck.
I don't know about anyone else, but I was surprised to see him free and screaming for the ball on the wing against the Bulldogs and instead we kicked to contests. There's not point him working to get free and then us not using him.
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"