Hille...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Hille...

Post by Bomber_Fan »

should tear Cloke and Kreuzer new arseholes. Use your extra bulk and make sure you hurt those two pathetic excuses for ruckmen. I would be happy for you to try and intimidate them with a bit of extra aggression even if it means giving a couple of cheap free kicks away. Perhaps a knee in the ribs wouldn't go astray on either of these two twats. I want them to be shitting their dacks when they go up for ruck contests against you. Let them be watching you and not the ball at ruck contests. Oh yeah one more thing! PLEASE make sure you tap it to our players and not Carlton's.
hop
Club Captain

Re: Hille...

Post by hop »

BOG - Again today! Take a bow big-fella.

Won the ball with first, second and third efforts. Made Cloke and Kreuzer look like the amateurs that they are.

Has the Crighton in the bag - wonder what the odds are for Charlie?
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

hop wrote:BOG - Again today! .............
Has the Crighton in the bag - wonder what the odds are for Charlie?
The odds would be of interest, but surely Ablett and Scott Thompson will be way up there...who else is high in the betting?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

F111 wrote:The odds would be of interest, but surely Ablett and Scott Thompson will be way up there...who else is high in the betting?
Cooney is up there. Although i reckon Ablett is already sitting on about 20 votes, so he's close to the unbackable favourite.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
F111 wrote:The odds would be of interest, but surely Ablett and Scott Thompson will be way up there...who else is high in the betting?
Cooney is up there. Although i reckon Ablett is already sitting on about 20 votes, so he's close to the unbackable favourite.
I heard Cooney was #2 favourite.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

Is having an amazing season, and certainly should have been the ruckman for Victoria. Would be pushing AA without a doubt.

Averaging 16 touches and 21 hit outs this season, which is awesome. Was getting a lot of the ball earlier this season, and is now getting good numbers with hit outs too.

HHHH could be the midfield group that takes us to a flag.
Followers: Hille, Houli, Hocking
Centre: Hislop

:P
keri
Regular Senior Player

Post by keri »

The Hengine Room, Gossy? :)
"Let's face it. If I didn't exist, you'd pay someone to invent me"
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

WOW! Hard to find adjectives good enough for the way he is playing ATM. Dominating in the air, dangerous on the ground and with a tenacity and ferociousness that makes him downright terrifying.

At one stage he ran at the ball with Judd in tow and got away from him.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Whilst I agree he is playing damn well, I still don't rate his ruckwork that highly...but watching the replay tonight after recording the game, he seemed to only break even in regards to his ruckwork against that crap... he makes up for it around the ground and this is where he is so valuable...

Also, great to see our midfielders smash them cheating bastards :)
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Crazyman wrote:Whilst I agree he is playing damn well, I still don't rate his ruckwork that highly...but watching the replay tonight after recording the game, he seemed to only break even in regards to his ruckwork against that crap... he makes up for it around the ground and this is where he is so valuable...
Please, he murdered Carlton in the ruck. 37 hitouts on his own compared to Carlton's total of 27, at least half of which were probably against Laycock when he went into the ruck, plus Hille had a higher hitout-to-advantage ratio than either Carlton ruckman, plus i think he had 5 clearances off his own bat (from memory). Only bloke who was close to him for BOG was Monfries.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Crazyman wrote:Whilst I agree he is playing damn well, I still don't rate his ruckwork that highly...but watching the replay tonight after recording the game, he seemed to only break even in regards to his ruckwork against that crap... he makes up for it around the ground and this is where he is so valuable...
Please, he murdered Carlton in the ruck. 37 hitouts on his own compared to Carlton's total of 27, at least half of which were probably against Laycock when he went into the ruck, plus Hille had a higher hitout-to-advantage ratio than either Carlton ruckman, plus i think he had 5 clearances off his own bat (from memory). Only bloke who was close to him for BOG was Monfries.
Well, from my perspective watching the game, he didn't appear that dominant...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Crazyman wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
So, from your perspective, you saw the Carlton ruck division matching it with the hit outs and clearances?
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Crazyman wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
Fair enough, your opinion is your opinion. But both Knights and Ratten thought he was BOG, and he got the second most BOGs here on BT in the votes thread. I re-checked the statistics and he actually had 8 clearances, 37 hitouts (the most for any ruckman over the weekend by an absolute mile - next best was Sandilands with 29) and 30% of those hitouts were to advantage, which is above average. On any measure, he dominated.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Crazyman wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
So, from your perspective, you saw the Carlton ruck division matching it with the hit outs and clearances?[/quote]

No I would not say that they matched it with Hille, but watching the game on telly, imo he just didn't seem to dominate as clearly as the stats shows...Also, I said elsewhere that the midfield killed the Scum and perhaps I was looking more at that than I was the ruckwork :)
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Hille's ruckwork on occasion was sublime. The taps he was providing to our onballers were right down their throats, generally without much pressure on them either. He should have dominated that weak excuse for a ruck division, and he did. Loving watching him play at the moment, although he reminds me of a horse at times with the way he gallops across the field. Massive legs like a race horse. Just an interesting thought I had during the game on Sunday.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

He has to be the AA ruckman at the moment.