How Sweet it is Indead !!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

How Sweet it is Indead !!!

Post by stryper »

Even if nothing else happens this year, We Beat Carlscum twice Yes Twice... Cheating little pricks deserve everything they get...
We don't need to tank because we are The Mighty Bombers!!!
Starting to slowly turn things around and playing good footy... Yes have a long way to go but the signs are promising...

So where are all those Essendon baggers now... Always had faith in them... Great to see that they have started to seriously turn things around in the space of about 6 weeks... We have some very good players in the making Reimers,Lonergan,Myers,Neagle just to mention a few...
As stated previously Won't be down for long and dare I say it Perhaps Lloydy is Captain material afterall...

Whilst I am on Cloud 777 at the moment I am trying Not to get too far ahead of myself but I can't Help IT

WE BEAT CARLSCUM Again!!! Ha Ha Ha :lol: =D>

Well done Boys and Well done Knighta...
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Re: How Sweet it is Indead !!!

Post by bomberflyer »

Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!!!

Stick that in ya doinker Carlscum!!!!!!!!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Indeed, or undead? :D
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

vingertje vingertje vingertje I PHARKING LOVE BEATING CARLTON!!!!!!! vingertje vingertje vingertje

It's even sweeter when we beat them a) with a man down and b) fair and square... against that criminal club of theirs!!!
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

I am absolutely savouring this tonight. f*** it feels good. The lows can be pretty low at the moment but that makes the highs even better, and so much more still when we have towelled a bunch of lying, cheating, draft cultivating, price-fixing, colluding, arrogant, sanctimonious, up-themselves, smelly, ugly, pox-ridden whores like the Scum.

And I am really happy for Gus who has copped a lot of shit here, including from me, but has strung together a couple of good games and an absolute ripper today. I won't say he's turned the corner yet, but he's peeking around it and I hope he likes what he sees.

The bunch of kids that Knighta is persisting with are starting to show some what hopefully lies ahead. I'm looking foward to the day when all the experts who bag our list sit down to a good helping of shit pie.

We're just as likely to get smashed next week, but geez it feels good right now. I'm so proud of their effort today. =D> =D> =D>
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Top effort, especially after letting their guard down and allowing Carlton to hit the front. That would have broken a lot of sides after being up by 40 odd points early. Instead, it set us back in motion and we rolled them. Great signs from the kids, although Lonergan was a little quieter today (but still had an impact), Myers saw a lot of the ball, Reimers continues to impress, Stanton is hitting his straps, Watson had some beautiful touches in tight, Monfries was outstanding, Neagle was brilliant in the air and some of the other younger players stepped up when they needed to.

As much as I've been giving Slattery stick this season, he's been coming good in the last few weeks and it was sickening to see him go down like that today. Fletcher immediately tilted his head, so it was clearly obvious that he was out cold. Provided the spark for victory?

Lloyd, Hille and Fletcher were excellent today, backed up by McVeigh in the middle and McPhee across half forward. Right across the ground we had the opposition's measure, although we allowed them to take control for parts of the game. Even though Fletcher had a tough day at the office against Fevola, it was only very, very good delivery and the occasion spot of brilliance from Fevola that allowed him to kick 7. Fletcher prevented at least another 7 or 8 certain Fevola goals with those long arms to get the spoil in and his ability to read the ball and get into good position more often than not.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

Boyler_Room wrote:Top effort, especially after letting their guard down and allowing Carlton to hit the front. That would have broken a lot of sides after being up by 40 odd points early. Instead, it set us back in motion and we rolled them.
I reckon any other Essendon side between 2002-2007 would have been comprehensively beaten if they had have been in the same situation as we found ourselves today at the 12 minute mark. I hate it when their players and supporters get up and dance like they've won a Premiership - the noise they make is unbearable!

To the young kids' credit, they dug their heels in and made sure they were then first to the contest - they looked determined not to be beaten by that mob today! Very pleasing to see!

I know nothing will ever erase "that day" from our minds but could we have put that back in the closet today with that performance?
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Very gutsy win. Half way through the last quarter I thought we were gone for all money. They had all the momentum, their supporters were shouting the place down and we looked out of puff. Then we just found another gear. We were NOT going to let those cheating scum beat us.

It was so sweet to see the same supporters who had been jumping up and down with glee ten minutes earlier now trailing out of the stadium with their tails between their legs. Die, scum.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Well here's my day at the game:

I ventured out with my best mate and his family (all Carlton), to today's game. 4 rows back punt road end in the heart of the carlton faithful, in the end was fuc**n awesome but painful at some stages. Essendon were fantastic in the first quarter, we dominated the clearances and mostly capitolised on them, minus a few that should have gone through. Lloyd is hitting his straps again, fantastic first quarter, also impressed with Watson, Monfries :D!!!! my man, and Hille. Henry Slattery bravery was outstanding =D>. A typical Carlton vs Essendon game always requires some sort of comeback by the blues when we lead, so I was expecting them to comeback at some stage. Second quarter was pretty boring with the one goal to Neagle, who was very good today. Thrid quarter was great with Monfries, Lloyd, McPhee, McVeigh, Stants and co. firing. we were 35 points up at one stage and I thought this isn't over and boy was it not. I hav, I never heard a louder roar in my life when they hit the front, I felt like surrounded and boy were they feral...well it is Carlton. :roll: Then Lloydy's captain goal and Laycock bobbed up and a one to blues kept it close, until we burst away. F**KING AMAZING BURST! I have never been more animated at a footy game in my life, goal after goal after goal and watching the blues fans walking out was awesome. All Essendon fans around me started the chant and the siren rang and we went into hysteria :D What topped off the day, was that NatRat and Paddy Ryder came over and hi fived us fans and we gave em a pat on the back, first time ever i have done that it was just great to celebrate with the players. It felt soo good :D! Really proud of the boys effort today they withstood the onslaught and prevailed once again. I LOVE THE EFC ! vingertje vingertje =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Sorry about the life story just really excited and happy :D!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I must admit, I feared a 2007 revisited with a 40 odd point lead eroded and then overtaken. It took character to regain the lead and then blow them away. Great stuff!

BTW - my eyes must have deceive me, because I thought Ryder was robbed of a mark and then they got the goal to Fev.
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Excellent work there, JP. If i were in your position i'm pretty sure i would've gone home without a best mate, so props to you for keeping your jubilation to a level where you can still be civil about it.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Great post JP.

That roar when they hit the front was absolutely frightening.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

The Fly wrote: The lows can be pretty low at the moment but that makes the highs even better, and so much more still when we have towelled a bunch of lying, cheating, draft cultivating, price-fixing, colluding, arrogant, sanctimonious, up-themselves, smelly, ugly, pox-ridden whores like the Scum.
This is my favorite rant of the night. Outstanding.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

Staggy wrote:
The Fly wrote: The lows can be pretty low at the moment but that makes the highs even better, and so much more still when we have towelled a bunch of lying, cheating, draft cultivating, price-fixing, colluding, arrogant, sanctimonious, up-themselves, smelly, ugly, pox-ridden whores like the Scum.
This is my favorite rant of the night. Outstanding.
You should hear what I really think of them. :mrgreen:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje

f***** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

The sweetest bit was at the end with the game over, Welsh tackled Judd who then wanted to go on with it - noone ever pissess Judd off.
BenDoolan wrote:BTW - my eyes must have deceive me, because I thought Ryder was robbed of a mark and then they got the goal to Fev.
I saw that too. Fisher clearly came from behind and took it from Ryder. Stupid umpire.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

j-mac wrote::D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje vingertje

f***** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!

The sweetest bit was at the end with the game over, Welsh tackled Judd who then wanted to go on with it - noone ever pissess Judd off.
BenDoolan wrote:BTW - my eyes must have deceive me, because I thought Ryder was robbed of a mark and then they got the goal to Fev.
I saw that too. Fisher clearly came from behind and took it from Ryder. Stupid umpire.
I have since learned by watching the game on tape that the umpire paid a free kick against Ryder for hands in the back. Being there live, you have no idea that had actually occured.
Essendunny