Lucas...????

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

Lucas...????

Post by tom9779 »

Not to dwell on negatives tonight, but scotty was badly done.

Would you have of moved him?

I would have had him on the backline when fletcher went down.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Lucas...????

Post by robbie67 »

tom9779 wrote:Not to dwell on negatives tonight, but scotty was badly done.

Would you have of moved him?

I would have had him on the backline when fletcher went down.
He had a poor one. I just heard "Bluey" on SEN saying he should be dropped for Bellchambers. The ******* retard.

Now regarding your question. No, Knights did the right thing. He still kicked a couple, and Grover played really well. McPhee was able to have an impact after quarter time, when he decided he wasnt a mong anymore. Grover would have taken McPhee apart, if Lucas had been moved into defence.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Is being offered a one year contract bothering him?
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Exactly Robbie if Scotty was taken out of that forward line we would have barely kicked half a dozen goals today
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

KaaN10 wrote:Is being offered a one year contract bothering him?

FFS. Come on guys. The bloke has missed 10 weeks of football. Do you have any idea what that does to an elite athletes fitness base? He was never going to just come back and be lead out, take the mark, kick them from 60 we all take for granted. Give him some ******* time for God's sake.
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

The two week break coming up will do him a lot of good - look out Brisbane!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

robbie67 wrote:

FFS. Come on guys. The bloke has missed 10 weeks of football. Do you have any idea what that does to an elite athletes fitness base? He was never going to just come back and be lead out, take the mark, kick them from 60 we all take for granted. Give him some ******* time for God's sake.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Exactly Robbie if Scotty was taken out of that forward line we would have barely kicked half a dozen goals today

gotta give freo credit for keeping both lucas and lloyd quiet.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

tom9779 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Exactly Robbie if Scotty was taken out of that forward line we would have barely kicked half a dozen goals today

gotta give freo credit for keeping both lucas and lloyd quiet.
I thought Grover was clearly in their best 3 players today.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

I'm hoping that it has to do with match fitness. He looked really spent after doing some chasing. Cant expect him to be back at top form after only a few games.
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Although he was nowhere near his best, he still contested whenever the ball got near him and as previously alluded to, his presence on the forward line demands respect and one of the opposition's best defenders.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

He is still tentative in regards to his knees. I think the break is coming at the right time for him. He did all the pre-season but he is lacking match fitness as he only played one quarter in the first 10 rounds.

Will be better after the split round.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Yep Lucas was absolutely torn apart by Grover last night - I found it very frustrating to watch especially when he was putting hands in the back. He should really have come to terms with this rule by now. I knew he was in for a shocker though at the start of the game, when we must have kicked it to him about half a dozen times in the first five minutes of the first quarter and didn't look close to taking a mark. I've been a pretty strong critic of Lloydy but thought he had a reasonable game yesterday. He contested for the ball and bought it to ground - where lo and behold we finally started to kick some crumbing goals.
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Lucas is absolutely invaluable to our side. It is not coincidence that we have started winning games since his return.

The structure and options his presence provides has made all the difference - Not to forget that the guy is also a ******* gun!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

tom9779 wrote:Not to dwell on negatives tonight, but scotty was badly done.
Then DONT !!!

Okay he didnt have his greatest game and his opponent had a good one but it is possible for players, even champions like Scott Lucas, to be beaten.

He is still an integral part of the Essendon forward line set up.

If its the contract worries putting him off please for goodness sake sign him for 2 years and be done with it.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It will take him some time to regain form. It's not like most knee injuries where you have a miss a whole season and have a whole pre-season to get everything right. He has come back in during the middle of the season.

Probably doesn't mean much but he has now played the same amount of games as the great James Hird.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

seems most people have taken this thread as a crack at scotty.

it wasn't. I was questioning knights decision to leave him in the forward line. or would that have upset the structure too much??
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Given he is obviously not 100% match fit yet, I think the decision to leave him in the forward line (and DEEP in the forward line at that) is designed to avoid too much running.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

robbie67 wrote:

spot on robbie, add to this his age, as it a bit harder for the older blokes to fake fitness, just needs games under his belt.
he is still getting a couple each week, and taking out one of the opositions best defenders, and will continue to improve each week as his fitness does.

he will be peaking in september when we just scrape into the finals and need him most :P
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS