Voss

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Voss

Post by paddyl90 »

Accepted assistant coachin position at West Coke.

Meh.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: Voss

Post by ealesy »

Michael or Brett??

because wasn't Michael consistently crapping on about how he didn't need to be an assistant coach to be successful senior coach.

And does this mean he's out of the running for the Gold Coast position??
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Might sort out some of the loose cannons in that side.

EDIT: Voss to take over at WCE (eventually), Worsfold first Gold Coast coach, there's the tip. :wink:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

The Michael variety. Get a couple of years experience then take GC deal it looks like..
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Good luck to them. He's a dunce. Sensational player, but as thick as a brick.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Sensational player, wank in the media. Good to get him out of it.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

Filthy wrote:Voss reminds me of a old Jethro Tull song...

"When you're thick as a brick..." :roll:
The line is actually "The wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick"

It would appear that Voss did not like the offer of two years coaching GC U/18 and then 1 year as senior coach. Can't disagree with him there. 1 year Senior Coach contract in a start up club. Get real.
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mick wrote:

The line is actually "The wise men don't know how it feels to be thick as a brick"

It would appear that Voss did not like the offer of two years coaching GC U/18 and then 1 year as senior coach. Can't disagree with him there. 1 year Senior Coach contract in a start up club. Get real.
I agree with you, but Voss comes with zero experience as a coach of any kind. He has an astonishing record as a player, but that means jack in coaching terms. I would seriously doubt that GC would offer anything like that to a well established and well credentialled coaching prospect.
Essendunny
Mick
On the Rookie List

Post by Mick »

BenDoolan wrote:
Mick wrote:

I agree with you, but Voss comes with zero experience as a coach of any kind. He has an astonishing record as a player, but that means jack in coaching terms. I would seriously doubt that GC would offer anything like that to a well established and well credentialled coaching prospect.
Agree with the zero experience but a one year contract regardless of experience is on a hiding to nothing. By going to WCE as assistant to Worsfold is probably the better option for Voss in his efforts to become a senior coach. If he took the 1 year offer at GC and failed miserably in the first year then everybody would say "We told you so". If he goes to GC after a few years at WCE as an assistant and then fails miserably it will be "Well what could you expect with that list, start up club, etc, etc"
Duff Beer Krusty Burger Buzz Cola Costington's Department Store Kwik-E-Mart Stupid Flanders Park - Home of the Springfield Isotopes
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Soft cock. Really.
All his chest beating about how he was ready and didn't need to be an Assistant throughout last season. Fast forward to the end of '07.
Had the Carlton job on toast. Decided to "wait." Needed to gain more experience in the media.
The Carlton job gets snapped up by Ratten and we're forced to endure another 6 months of Voss's chest beating "I'm ready" crap.
Comes to the GC, comments on their concessions, does the little media spiels that go along with GC17.
Gets the job on toast again and whats Mr "I'm Ready" do? Goes to West Coast as an assitant coach. f****** weak.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

boncer34 wrote:Soft cock. Really.
All his chest beating about how he was ready and didn't need to be an Assistant throughout last season. Fast forward to the end of '07.
Had the Carlton job on toast. Decided to "wait." Needed to gain more experience in the media.
The Carlton job gets snapped up by Ratten and we're forced to endure another 6 months of Voss's chest beating "I'm ready" crap.
Comes to the GC, comments on their concessions, does the little media spiels that go along with GC17.
Gets the job on toast again and whats Mr "I'm Ready" do? Goes to West Coast as an assitant coach. f****** weak.
When you put that all together, I agree. He's full of shit.
Essendunny
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Smart move.

At the end of the day the last thing that the Gold Coast need is a coach with no experience, and the last thing Voss needs if he is serious about wanting a career as a coach is to walk into a senior coaching role at a brand new club, which will no doubt have teething issues both in the backroom and on-field.

Take Timmy Watson. As much as I love the guy, he inherited a shit list at St Kilda, and was out the door 18 months later. Even if he was this way inclined (which he obviously is not) he could not get a senior coaching gig at any AFL club in the land today.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Megan wrote:Sensational player, wank in the media. Good to get him out of it.
Yeah, now to get Hutchison, Walls & Co. out of the media and into a good old fashioned looney bin :)
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Legendary player - but I've always hated the c***. So at WC he'll fit right in :wink:
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Anyone listen to this whingeing c*** tonight?...every Bomber free kick was soft and needed to be looked at by the umpires and rules committee.

Can't wait to hate him even more when he joins the Eagles :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

tonysoprano wrote:Anyone listen to this whingeing c*** tonight?...every Bomber free kick was soft and needed to be looked at by the umpires and rules committee.
Yep, really started to piss me off considering that Brisbane power forwards ie Lynch,Bradshaw thrived on free kicks from holds that they always seemed to initiate. Especially harping on about some of those 50m penalties we received - Brisbane players know the rules like everybody else, don't blame rules for a lack of discipline.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Disgracefully biased last night.
Almost made Walls seem even handed.
(I did say almost) :wink:
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Voss was absolutely f****** awful last night. Spent the entire last term whinging "They can still do it" everytime the others got a bit excited about Essendon looking like taking the win. Cannot wait to get him out of the box.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Voss seemed to think every Brisbane free kick was there as well!