Laycock

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
auditor
High Draft Pick

Laycock

Post by auditor »

[b]FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET THIS MORON OFF THE GROUND[/b]
It just fell out of the sky
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Re: Laycock

Post by MH_Bomber »

Why - he corked Brown's thigh !!!!
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

auditor wrote:FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET THIS MORON OFF THE GROUND

All he really has got is a great grab,and he isn't that bad when the ball hits the deck. Can't tap to advantage to save his life though.

I actually think he could be a good full forward.

I reckon if we are to persist with him, we should play him out of the square. Even consider playing another ruckman...3 big guys.

something like
Jetta, Laycock, Monfries
Lucas Lloyd Neagle/McPhee
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

tom9779 wrote:
auditor wrote:FOR CRYING OUT LOUD GET THIS MORON OFF THE GROUND

All he really has got is a great grab,and he isn't that bad when the ball hits the deck. Can't tap to advantage to save his life though.

I actually think he could be a good full forward.

I reckon if we are to persist with him, we should play him out of the square. Even consider playing another ruckman...3 big guys.

something like
Jetta, Laycock, Monfries
Lucas Lloyd Neagle/McPhee
Incorrect
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

No need to dwell on the negatives after such a great night, but yes, he was very ordinary again. Brisbane seized the momentum every time he went into the ruck.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

It's funny how we see different things....I thought tonight was the best game he's played for ages...it was nothing spectacular but I thought he competed better than he has for awhile and if he'd kicked straight, he would have finished with at least three goals.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Will he be around next year? Do we need him more than we want him?

Bellchambers you would assume is still another year off, and Ryder should stay down back unless absolutely necessary. If Hille gets injured next year (touch wood) and Ryder has to pinch-hit in the ruck, He will have a more effective partner in a been there, done that Laycock as oppoosed to a still developing Bellchambers. Even if Hille stays fit, he can't be expected to shoulder the ruck duties week in, week out with only minimal support from Ryder and Bellchambers.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

swoodley wrote:It's funny how we see different things....I thought tonight was the best game he's played for ages...it was nothing spectacular but I thought he competed better than he has for awhile and if he'd kicked straight, he would have finished with at least three goals.

I would have to agree with you Swoods, thought he was a hell of a lot better than he has been all year tonight. We know what we are going to get from him guys, Dean Cox he ain't! Thought he actually showed some sort of mongrel finally, and whatever the outcome, he seemed to cause Brisbane a match up head ache when he went forward. He did actually manage 3 scoring shots which if were converted would of turned a few of you guys' opinions. I know I will be shot down and ridiculed but I cannot really see the point in denegrating this guy on here every week. In what may be an indictment on our club........ he is still CLEARLY the 2nd best option we have for the ruck!! Tonight was indeed a SMALL step in the right direction and I believe the coaching staff would have viewed it in the same way.
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Sometimes when players piss you off enough, you eventually get tunnel vision - you only see/remember their mistakes. For me, the passage of play that I most remember is the missed tackle on Collier(spelling?) which led to him kicking the goal. This has happened a couple of times now in the last few weeks - it was pretty poor effort.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Bomber_Fan wrote:Sometimes when players piss you off enough, you eventually get tunnel vision - you only see/remember their mistakes. For me, the passage of play that I most remember is the missed tackle on Collier(spelling?) which led to him kicking the goal. This has happened a couple of times now in the last few weeks - it was pretty poor effort.
Collier broke through two tackles to get that goal...speaking of tunnel vision, who was the other player whose tackle was broken (I don't remember who it was but I remember it happening)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

For a 200cm 100kg bloke he is as weak as p*ss. Lay a f*cking tackle you mug. He is simply not good enough if we are serious about playing finals footy in the next couple of years.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

he's just so damned soft.

he could start by shaving off those gay locks of his - go the skin head and at least try and look tough.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

tonysoprano wrote:he's just so damned soft.

he could start by shaving off those gay locks of his - go the skin head and at least try and look tough.
A shaven cock looks tougher eh TS? Hmmmm...

:-k
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

swoodley wrote:It's funny how we see different things....I thought tonight was the best game he's played for ages...it was nothing spectacular but I thought he competed better than he has for awhile and if he'd kicked straight, he would have finished with at least three goals.
Well I counted at least 3 goals he gave away...so maybe if he had of kicked straight he would have broken even.
Sirvass36
Top Up Player

Post by Sirvass36 »

I just dont think hes a ruckman this guy. Seems to amble around the ground in slow motion - plays like hes playing kick to kick in a school yard or something. I reckon leave him in the forward pocket as he can take a grab and is OK when the ball hits the deck but thats about it. Maybe he can handle the ruck contests in the forard 50 which would give Hille a bit of a chop out. Unfortunately we still need him as Bellchambers is a little way off from all reports. he must frustrate Matty Knights...