Views from above

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Views from above

Post by robbie67 »

Filthy wrote:- Hille AA but won't get it.
Yes he will. He is so far ahead of the pack now, they cant not give it to him. Only something unspeakable will stop him getting it. He has thrashed Cox, and Charman. Fraser isnt even playing, so there goes all of the rep game players. He is doing what Essendon players have to do to make it. He is embarrising the selectors into putting him in.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

robbie67 wrote:
Filthy wrote:- Hille AA but won't get it.
Yes he will. He is so far ahead of the pack now, they cant not give it to him. Only something unspeakable will stop him getting it. He has thrashed Cox, and Charman. Fraser isnt even playing, so there goes all of the rep game players. He is doing what Essendon players have to do to make it. He is embarrising the selectors into putting him in.
If media sentiment is anything to go by, he is the main man for AA atm. Cant do a thing wrong listening to TV/Radio coverage.

Hille and McVeigh are both worthy candidates for AA selection this year.
vern
On the Rookie List

Post by vern »

Filthy wrote:
- Chook. Can't lay a tackle that takes, to save himself. He is physically weak as David H as is physically strong. Chook, if he is to have a career at EFC, needs 6 months in the gym building traps, shoulders, lats, pecs, biceps and tri's. He is simply too physically weak to play the position he is required to which is amazing for a guy 100kgs.
Agree that some gym work will help. But also holding on in tackles is also about attitude and commitment. Something he needs to find just as much as some extra muscles.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Filthy wrote:Thats about it except that I was 6' from Quinn and remembered I left my Glock at home :(
Couldn't you have helped him look over the edge of the stand :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I really loved Jetta's game last night. Only 10 touches but what at the bottom of every pack, his three goals especially the first one were all class. Hopefully he keeps that confidence in having a shot for goal instead of trying to pass it off.
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

First talks of Hille in the AA team ive heard in the media was this morning on the Sunday footy show... Billy Brownless suggested it. Bickley wasnt having it. Think he said theres about 4 players up for it.

Who else is there really?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I don't think Laycock is the only one who can't tackle on our team ATM.

I'm sure plenty others were slipped, however I unfortunately can't remember the guilty players.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

nathanskinner wrote:First talks of Hille in the AA team ive heard in the media was this morning on the Sunday footy show... Billy Brownless suggested it. Bickley wasnt having it. Think he said theres about 4 players up for it.

There is a little guy called Sandilands running around......
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Filthy wrote:
Sismis wrote:
nathanskinner wrote:First talks of Hille in the AA team ive heard in the media was this morning on the Sunday footy show... Billy Brownless suggested it. Bickley wasnt having it. Think he said theres about 4 players up for it.

There is a little guy called Sandilands running around......
Hille kills him and most others with his around the ground work Sis.
Yeah but Gerard is on the selection panel and he absolutely loves Sandilands. I reckon that he will get him up, maybe Hille might get a spot on the bench at best. Just being realistic...
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Staggy wrote:
Filthy wrote:Hille kills him and most others with his around the ground work Sis.
Yeah but Gerard is on the selection panel and he absolutely loves Sandilands. I reckon that he will get him up, maybe Hille might get a spot on the bench at best. Just being realistic...
You are probably right Staggy but f*ck me if Hilley isn't the best around-the-ground ruckman in the comp. Think about the long goal he kicked against WCE right on quarter time. 55m out, after a 15m run, and it cleared the line for a goal. How many other ruckmen could do that? :shock:
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Don't get me wrong, i think Hille should be AA easily. BUT what is the role of the ruckman? Sandilands will almost always get first use of the ball, if freo's midfeild were worth anything, they would dominate clearances.

If they are after the all round ruckman (including roving when up against Sandilands) who makes The Hulk look as timid as mary Poppins then Hille is a shoe in.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sismis wrote:Don't get me wrong, i think Hille should be AA easily. BUT what is the role of the ruckman? Sandilands will almost always get first use of the ball, if freo's midfeild were worth anything, they would dominate clearances.

If they are after the all round ruckman (including roving when up against Sandilands) who makes The Hulk look as timid as mary Poppins then Hille is a shoe in.
But Freo's midfielders don't dominate the clearances. Even when Sandilands whooped Hille in the hitouts, we won the clearances. So are the Freo midfielders all soft, or does he not tap to advantage? Probably both. From juniors up to the AFL, I imagine Sandialnds would have dominated hitouts and never thought of hitting to advantage anywhere near enough.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

j-mac wrote:
Sismis wrote:Don't get me wrong, i think Hille should be AA easily. BUT what is the role of the ruckman? Sandilands will almost always get first use of the ball, if freo's midfeild were worth anything, they would dominate clearances.

But Freo's midfielders don't dominate the clearances. Even when Sandilands whooped Hille in the hitouts, we won the clearances. So are the Freo midfielders all soft, or does he not tap to advantage? Probably both. From juniors up to the AFL, I imagine Sandialnds would have dominated hitouts and never thought of hitting to advantage anywhere near enough.
I think his tapwork is excellent, Freo midfeild is just plain soft.