Reimers = Aker?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Reimers = Aker?

Post by Megan »

Similar level of cocky and arrogant, Akers walks the walk and thus far Boots is so far so good...

Opposition are already hating Boots' guts (which I like)...

Anyone else seeing a slight similarity? Other than the acne?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Re: Reimers = Aker?

Post by paddyl90 »

:lol: whats wrong with acne megan :( some of us just can't get rid of it. Hahaha. Nah all good. I love to see a player with falir that will get up the goat of other team supporters it's great to see, e.g. on Saturday with the sshhh signal, he was jjust being as cocky and arrogant as the other 30,000 bomber fans were being at the game. I love it, but have to walk the walk first.
Last edited by paddyl90 on Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

As long as the Boots is different to Aker in terms of keeping his opinions to himself - he will be doing just fine.
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

What JP and TS said...

As long as it's just the boots that do the talking - he can be as arrogant as he likes!
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Don't mind him having an opinion.

Just hope he hasn't got AKER's Gift(???)of OPENING HIS GOB WIDE OPEN and STICKING his FOOT fair down the Mouth. :roll:
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I love the boy but I thought the "shhhhh" motion to the crowd was a little bit much - we would absolutely hate it if someone from another club did that to us.

I love his flair, but he might need to tone it down slightly I reckon.

Having said that it was pretty awesome... :lol:
jjono
High Draft Pick

Post by jjono »

Staggy wrote:I love the boy but I thought the "shhhhh" motion to the crowd was a little bit much - we would absolutely hate it if someone from another club did that to us.

I love his flair, but he might need to tone it down slightly I reckon.

Having said that it was pretty awesome... :lol:

If that was Steven Milne doing that to us, we would be baying for blood.

But I do like the way Boots goes about it, a small amount of individualism is ok in a team sport, in my book anyway. As long as he is putting the team 1st 99% of the time, he can continue on with his party tricks!
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Megan wrote.....

Similar level of cocky and arrogant, Akers walks the walk and thus far Boots is so far so good...

Opposition are already hating Boots' guts (which I like)...

Anyone else seeing a slight similarity? Other than the acne?
They're just boots.

You mean apart from the fact that one has a Charlie in his cupboard.

Like what I'm seeing but let's keep a lid on it for now shall we
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

McVeigh was on MMM on Saturday arvo and apparently the players call him McDreamy.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Filthy wrote:If he kicks/assists 4-5 a week, he can do what he F****** likes.
Except get suspended.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

j-mac wrote:McVeigh was on MMM on Saturday arvo and apparently the players call him McDreamy.
I heard that as well. They actually call him "McReimy", in a none-too-subtle dig at his (lack of) looks. Pretty funny.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Just putting it out there, pevfan :D

I for one would NOT be hanging shit on him to his face... ask Scotty!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

I was thinking the same Megs about the similarity of Reimers to Aker, though I think a better fit would to Leighton Hewitt.

The guy just looks totally zoned in on his footy and nothing seems to faze him. He's got the same extreme mental toughness, doesn't give a rat's toss bag about what anyone else thinks, and seems to get tremendous drive from an inner volcano of passion that we only see coming out in controlled bursts after a goal. You can just picture him yelling C'MON!! at a critcal turning point in the game. I'm sure that when he does his 'thing' after a goal, it's not for our benefit, but rather to psyche himself up.

If, as Filthy says, he has the potential grace and skills of a Mercuri, then with his much much tougher mind he could be one hell of a player
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

juff wrote:I was thinking the same Megs about the similarity of Reimers to Aker, though I think a better fit would to Leighton Hewitt.

The guy just looks totally zoned in on his footy and nothing seems to faze him. He's got the same extreme mental toughness, doesn't give a rat's toss bag about what anyone else thinks, and seems to get tremendous drive from an inner volcano of passion that we only see coming out in controlled bursts after a goal. You can just picture him yelling C'MON!! at a critcal turning point in the game. I'm sure that when he does his 'thing' after a goal, it's not for our benefit, but rather to psyche himself up.
Don't you ever compare Reimers to that utter fckstick ever again!
Essendunny
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

juff wrote:I was thinking the same Megs about the similarity of Reimers to Aker, though I think a better fit would to Leighton Hewitt.
:-& [-X [-( ](*,) =; :| :-# :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& :-& [-(
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Haha Juff you just fcked up

You need to visit the other sports section and read some of the threads on young Lay Lay....
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I think I know what you are trying to say, juff, but I'm afraid I am definitely NOT a Hewitt fan either. :-&
juff
Top Up Player

Post by juff »

Whooooaaaa guys, where's the love for Leyton??? :lol:

Whatever you might think of the other aspects of his personality, you just have to admire his mental toughness and intense game concentration. He was never the most naturally gifted of players, but he often seemed to win on just pure will power - and to be numero uno in pro tennis is a pretty BIG achievement. Like they say, 90% of the game is played between the ears, and to me Reimers shares that heightened quality of extreme mental focus where for two hours his entire world shrinks to an leather ball and two big sticks on an oval patch of grass ...

Ok, now I'm gonna run far far away from my computer lest I be fried in the ensuing fire storm :D
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

juff wrote:Whooooaaaa guys, where's the love for Leyton??? :lol:

Whatever you might think of the other aspects of his personality, you just have to admire his mental toughness and intense game concentration. He was never the most naturally gifted of players, but he often seemed to win on just pure will power - and to be numero uno in pro tennis is a pretty BIG achievement. Like they say, 90% of the game is played between the ears, and to me Reimers shares that heightened quality of extreme mental focus where for two hours his entire world shrinks to an leather ball and two big sticks on an oval patch of grass ...

Ok, now I'm gonna run far far away from my computer lest I be fried in the ensuing fire storm :D
In fairness to you, if i didn't think Li'l Lleyton was the biggest poll smoker in the history of mankind, i'd say your comparison of him with Reimers is actually a pretty reasonable one. But the mere thought of Lleyton Hewitt being associated with anything pertaining to the EFC makes me feel like vomiting.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Adding to the similarity - he dyes/bleaches his hair.

When he started out it was jet black, this summer he had it bleached and now it is kind of sandy.