Turnover players in next 2 years

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Turnover players in next 2 years

Post by bomberflyer »

I don't know how many players you can let go in a year but I believe the following players need to be let go in the next 2 seasons:

Laycock
NLM
Rama
Johns
Lee
Dempsey
Dyson
Gumbleton (unlucky but another Johns)
J Johnson
Peverill (but give him another year)

Are there any others - a part from the guys below who could be possible trade bait?

Lovett
McPhee
Monfries
Nash
Stanton
Welsh
Winderlich

I want the above - but you won't get something for nothing.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Turnover players in next 2 years

Post by Crazyman »

Laycock - hold onto for one more season and see if Bellchambers can come on strong next year with a full preseason...who knows maybe Laycock can prove us wrong next year (doubt it though...)
NLM - If the right trade came up would look at it...who knows I am sure Freeo are in the market :lol:
Rama - Would like to see him 'retire' and play with Bendigo as a senior player there to provide support and guidance. I think with the cancers and knee injury, the game has unfortunately passed him by, but I would love for him to stay around the club to support the younger guys :D
Johns - Already gone
Lee - Already gone
Dempsey - one more preseason and if still permanently injured, trade or cut him
Dyson - would like to get something for him, but doubt he has any value, therefore, delist if possible...
Gumby - I think is contracted for another two years. Hopefully he can sort his body out over the preseason and come on strong next year...
JJ - Likely to retire at the end of this by all accounts
Pev - One more year based on form, but if not, would like for him to retire and not be delisted...

Lovett - NO f****** WAY do I want him to go...
McPhee - NO f****** WAY do I want him to go...injuries have forced him into playing well out of position against players that have his measure...easily in our best 5 (exculding the odd brain explosion
Monfries - NO f****** WAY should he be traded. Again, one of our best 5 if not, def top 10 and possible future captain material
Nash - Haven't seen enough, but would like to see more, so no again
Stants - may have some trade value, but based on our injuries, would like for him to stick around again
Welsh - YOU MUST BE f****** JOKING. He has been our best player along with McVeigh & Hille this year...
Winders - may have some trade value, but again, I think he is contracted for at least the next two years so aint gunna happen...
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Laycock - yup he is useless!!!
NLM - ive almost given up on him
Rama - sad but true, would be ok if he gets one more year to perform
Johns - never liked him
Lee - havn't seen anything
Dempsey - keep him
Dyson - 50/50
Gumbleton (unlucky but another Johns) - would be crazy to let him go
J Johnson - legend of the club but it's time to go
Peverill (but give him another year) - love this guy, got the heart!!!

Are there any others - a part from the guys below who could be possible trade bait?

Lovett - you are kidding
McPhee - you are kidding
Monfries - you are kidding
Nash - underrated
Stanton - you are kidding
Welsh - you are kidding
Winderlich - you are kidding

fair enough you can't get anything if you don't have anything, but these are all important players that are either young or in their prime... i see no reason to trade any of these players
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

hahaha, this is about half our list!

I don't think there will be a lot of trading, every year there is only a handful of trades competition wide.

As usual, if any clubs show interest in essendon players, the club will look at it. Just like we are looking at uncontracted players out there.

As for turnover. your first list of guys is spot on, but thats nothing new. some have been announced by the club, others openly discussed.

your second list is complete bollocks. all will stay, although if any do by any chance get offers from other clubs, it will be another club taking interest, not windy hill putting up a large for sale sign.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

First list ok except Laycock, Gumby and Dempsey... Gumby? Are you nuts?

Laycock wouldn't be worth squat and if we move him on there is NOONE on the list if Hille goes down.

Second list is tripe.