The Old Days

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

The Old Days

Post by boncer34 »

This thread is directed at the "old ones" from the original site, back when Megan was actually a somebody that we payed respect to..... Maybe. Just thought I'd send a shout out to try and regain some memories from the Essendon sponsored Bombertalk.

I remember those days well, when Bluey was around and I spent a million pages owning him in one thread all night only for Megan to come in the next day and remove all the posts. Gave the little bastard a second wind.
Back when it seemed Windy and I were at each others throats every second post.
Filth was a cranky old coot..... wait that actually hasn't changed. :lol: :lol:
I used to spend more times defending Henno then I did do anything else.
Back when Fantasy cricket was a hotly contested race, where I was a absoloute legend and all you bowed down in my wake. vingertje
When Sismis used to break down in tears and admitt I was the greatest fantasy footy player of all time. :wink:
I also remember that stupid game on the Essendon website had its own forum, can't believe it missed out on this one.
I have a million more recollections but that'll do for the time. Over to you guys.
Essendon Football Club- We arent arrogant, just deluded.
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Re: The Old Days

Post by ace076 »

what about Bargey's Sammy Hunt love rants and the constant naming as Cory Mcgrath as the answer to all our problems!!!!!!!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

ace076 wrote:what about Bargey's Sammy Hunt love rants and the constant naming as Cory Mcgrath as the answer to all our problems!!!!!!!!!
Ha! Forgot about dear old Barge, whatever happened to him. Rumor was Megan sent a japanese assination team after him in an effort to be the only BT moderator.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I enjoyed the Biffo and Bluey show. Threats of bashings and rendezvous at the MCG for a bout seemed to be regular themes. Loved the times when Bluey got banned and he returned with a vengeance. Threatened to take the club to court simply because he was banned from a footy forum. Bloody goose :lol:

There was an interesting poster (Jonesy2000 I think) who compiled rather intelligent posts that were anti-Sheeds and would cop a barage of abuse from Robbie & Co. But he did have some valid points, all of which rang true in hindsight now.
Essendunny
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

ace076 wrote:what about Bargey's Sammy Hunt love rants and the constant naming as Cory Mcgrath as the answer to all our problems!!!!!!!!!
He became quite inconspicuous when Hunt was delisted.

8)
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I haven't seen Rama_Fan around for ages what happened to him?
Stevo aswell
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Ah, the memories...

Back when Zantuck was on the trade table. http://web.archive.org/web/200411232010 ... C_ID=29246

And when Filthy wanted to recruit him.
http://web.archive.org/web/200411231925 ... C_ID=29268

Back when a certain ex-Carlton skipper was the best CHF in the league.
http://web.archive.org/web/200411231913 ... C_ID=29146

The original, and the best.
http://web.archive.org/web/200412161908 ... C_ID=24680

Back when the name Judd meant something else.
http://web.archive.org/web/200107221527 ... discussion
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

anyone know what my old Brissy mate "beerman" is up to these days??
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Filthy wrote:
Jazz_84 wrote:anyone know what my old Brissy mate "beerman" is up to these days??
Probably still belting villains :D
Good get that Zantuck eh Filth? :lol:
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

There were some great posters on that old site, unfortunately a lot of them have defected over to BB.

I'm thinking guys like Stevo, Dingus, BDodgey, Bargey, Pazza and countless others. It's a real shame actually. We have quite a good little group going here but there's not as much activity as I would like.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I remember someone that was hugely into Bolton and had a "Nuts and Bolts" signature. This was in his most stellar year - I think 2002 or 2003.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

MH_Bomber wrote:I remember someone that was hugely into Bolton and had a "Nuts and Bolts" signature. This was in his most stellar year - I think 2002 or 2003.
That would have been Pazza. He still posts on BB
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

boncer34 wrote:This thread is directed at the "old ones" from the original site, back when Megan was actually a somebody that we payed respect to..... Maybe. Just thought I'd send a shout out to try and regain some memories from the Essendon sponsored Bombertalk.

I remember those days well, when Bluey was around and I spent a million pages owning him in one thread all night only for Megan to come in the next day and remove all the posts. Gave the little bastard a second wind.
Back when it seemed Windy and I were at each others throats every second post.
Filth was a cranky old coot..... wait that actually hasn't changed. :lol: :lol:
I used to spend more times defending Henno then I did do anything else.
Back when Fantasy cricket was a hotly contested race, where I was a absoloute legend and all you bowed down in my wake. vingertje
When Sismis used to break down in tears and admitt I was the greatest fantasy footy player of all time. :wink:
I also remember that stupid game on the Essendon website had its own forum, can't believe it missed out on this one.
I have a million more recollections but that'll do for the time. Over to you guys.
Not to mention my adoration of you Rosso and the rest of your team in cricket!

Great thread, there's a few we lost, as mentioned Stevo was a big one, very clever guy. I still owe Spadera few drinks for some stoopid bet i made at one stage. A guy called Vintage who i had endless spats with.

Speaking of brisbane, There was back to back, reasonable for a bananabender.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

BERT wrote:
MH_Bomber wrote:I remember someone that was hugely into Bolton and had a "Nuts and Bolts" signature. This was in his most stellar year - I think 2002 or 2003.
That would have been Pazza. He still posts on BB
He seems to always get slagged off on BB. I wonder why that is.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

What happened to Bargey? Wasn't he the owner here? Why did he decide to abandon it?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Pazza, Dodgey, Rama Fan and Bargey - all good value and would welcome them back.

And Bonce, I think we only ever had one falling out and I am stuffed if I can remember what it was over!!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I think Barge lost interest in BT when it became heavily moderated, which was ironic as he was one of the first to block :mrgreen: Barge had nothing to do with this forum, and was a mere mod (like me) on the old one. Brad was the head honcho of the old BT.

I can't believe no one has mentioned... the lebanese cucumber market gardeners.

I miss.. Dingus. And for those of us who have been around for ages - I STILL miss Piston and Smashed Hat. And those guys haven't been around for f****** ages.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Megan wrote: I can't believe no one has mentioned... the lebanese cucumber market gardeners.
You still put the yoghurt in my kebab.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I still put the wrapping on your cucumber?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
And Bonce, I think we only ever had one falling out and I am stuffed if I can remember what it was over!!
It was a hell of a falling out though if I remember. Didn't it spill over onto msn at one stage?