Gee I'm happy we got Myers....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Gee I'm happy we got Myers....

Post by ealesy »

But it would have been very nice to get Junior Boy Rioli as well.

I haven't really seen much of him so far this season and as such had kind of written him of a simply a small forward. He will end up so much more than that and his performance in the biggest game possible in his first season yesterday was simply amazing.

I reckon he would have had to been up there in NSM considerations because he along with Dew turned the game in the 3rd quarter for mine.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Re: Gee I'm happy we got Myers....

Post by s'dreams »

ealesy wrote:But it would have been very nice to get Junior Boy Rioli as well.

I haven't really seen much of him so far this season and as such had kind of written him of a simply a small forward. He will end up so much more than that and his performance in the biggest game possible in his first season yesterday was simply amazing.

I reckon he would have had to been up there in NSM considerations because he along with Dew turned the game in the 3rd quarter for mine.
I suspect that Jnr is fufilling the same sort of role that Jetta or Lovett is intended to do (and we had Moorcroft and MJ do at the turn of the Century).

IMO - the Rioli role (a crumbing FP roaming out to HFF) only works if the midfield, defence and KPPs are already in place. At the EFC in 2007 and 2008 ... they weren't. Would have been a wasted draft pick.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Chris
Top Up Player

Post by Chris »

He is a gem to watch that Rioli, but yah I have to agree, we got Davey filling that position and he is just as exciting and has even more pace, we just need to get him on the park.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

as good as cyril is, there is one thing essendon does not need another of, and that is a small forward.

he would have been wasted at essendon. good on him and his success at the hawks.