SOLLY OR BRADLEY

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tony coz
On the Rookie List

SOLLY OR BRADLEY

Post by tony coz »

I would be interested in your views. Its a close call but I would have kept Solly before Bradley :?:
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

Bradley:

Skills: need improving, much better when not under pressure
Potential: Could be anything, would love to see him roam free in the middle
Footy smarts: Yet to be seen.

Solomon

Skils: Nil
Potential: Nil
Footy Smarts: Absolutley Nil

For mine, a no brainer.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Definitely Bradley as he has many years ahead of him and will improve.

Solly's body is starting to pack up and it seemed pretty obvious that he wasn't going to accept the club's offer of the one year deal.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Crowny
On the Rookie List

Post by Crowny »

Bradley. He could get better and is young. Solly has gotten worse. Plus I wonder whether Solly's heart was in it at Essendon given the turning up for training late etc
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Solly's knees were shot, he is slow and he can't kick. He gives away alot of free kicks also.

Bradley is a young player with alot of improvement to make and is part of our future.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

No comparison with these two. Would not have considered Bradley to go at all.

Bradley is still a young kid, now with what 30-40 games under his belt and learning his craft. There is huge potential and as I've said earlier I reckon he'll repay our faith big time.

Solomon on the other hand, and I know he had injuries, was not able to lift himself to perform the way we needed him to. Maybe this too is because here he may have been too much in his comfort zone and was still getting games based on the past and not the present. The only way I saw it was to either put him on notice with a one year deal or move him on. That in my opinion was the only challenge to throw at him to lift him.

Look, it could backfire or we may end up winning out of the deal, but I think the Solomon/Essendon realtionship had got stagnant and stale.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

dingus wrote:Bradley:

Solomon

For mine, a no brainer.
Good lord Dingus. Your post had me convulsing on the floor with laughter.

Skills are better when not under pressure??? Awesome. It's good to know that we wasted pick 6 on someone who can perform in a kick-to-kick type environment.

"Would love to see him roam free in the middle". I can see it now - Sheedy giving the reigns to possibly our slowest and least skilled player to run freely in the middle, where Kepler would be free to make unimpeded, scintillating runs through the midfield and pepper our forwards with scorching passes.
Tamworth Bomber
Top Up Player

Post by Tamworth Bomber »

Solomons gone & we are left with Bradley. End of story
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

Solomons best is past him. His best now is about as good as bradleys best to date.

Bradleys best is most definately in the future therefore he will provide far more value than Solomon. Bradley also has no intention of leaving, Solomon has been looking to move on for 3 years and in hindsight we should have traded him to richmond when he had currency.

Like someone said earlier. Bradley stays Soloman goes, It is a no brainer!!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

gringo wrote:

Solomon

For mine, a no brainer.

Skills are better when not under pressure??? Awesome. It's good to know that we wasted pick 6 on someone who can perform in a kick-to-kick type environment.

"Would love to see him roam free in the middle". I can see it now - Sheedy giving the reigns to possibly our slowest and least skilled player to run freely in the middle, where Kepler would be free to make unimpeded, scintillating runs through the midfield and pepper our forwards with scorching passes.
Hey Gringo...is there any chance at all that you could try and do one positive (or even neutral) post about a current player.

We're all aware of your disdain for a number of our players but we are yet to get the benefits of your undoubted wisdom in terms of whether or not we have at least one half decent player on our list.

Come on...try hard...I'm sure you can do it [-o<
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
gringo wrote:

Solomon

For mine, a no brainer.

Hey Gringo...is there any chance at all that you could try and do one positive (or even neutral) post about a current player.

We're all aware of your disdain for a number of our players but we are yet to get the benefits of your undoubted wisdom in terms of whether or not we have at least one half decent player on our list.

Come on...try hard...I'm sure you can do it [-o<
Nah, that Matty Lloyd is a passenger. Always injured, can't kick on his right foot, tunnel vision and falls to the ground all the time. He always plays for free kicks instead of trying to out mark his opponent. We should de-list him in exchange for Jason Cloke.

While you're there swoods, are you the man that can get "special" emoticons? If so, please attach a "broken record" emoticon....ta!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

gringo wrote:

Solomon

For mine, a no brainer.

I'm with gringo on this one. I thought dingus post was ridiculous as well.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Solomon

For mine, a no brainer.
This is interesting.
Bradelys skills are poor, no matter what. His kicks have too much loop on them and dont penetrate enough.
Potential is a horrible word. I think he put on too much size and lost a fair bit of his mobility, which makes him looks un-co. As for his footy smarts, this tends to come to a player early in his career, not so much with experience. He has played nearly 50 games now and should be doing more. I too believe that his best position is in between the arcs, but he really has to work on consistency (and sheeds needs to leave him in one spot)

As for Solly, his best is past him and his injuries affected his skills. But he got fustrated too quickly and gave away stupid free kicks.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

We'll see.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

Boyler_Room wrote:I'm with gringo on this one. I thought dingus post was ridiculous as well.
A statement like this is usually followed with "Because (insert reason here)"
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

No "because" necessary.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

scintillating conversation.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

Considering that most people here believe Solly's best is past him - then what do Freo see in him? Or is his main task to keep Tarrant from feeling home sick?
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

2QIK4U wrote:Considering that most people here believe Solly's best is past him - then what do Freo see in him? Or is his main task to keep Tarrant from feeling home sick?
I think his relationship with Tarrant was a big reason for freo going after him, but his hardness is something that will only give the young kids confidence around the packs as well. There is still a beleif over here in the west that Fremantle still lack the intimidation factor and hardness in some parts of there game (especially after the Adelaide finals game and to a degree the Sydney game) and I think solly will give them something in this area. As far as rough rugged uncompromising players go they only really have Troy Cook, knowing you have Cook coming of one side of the square and Soloman off the other there will have a few midfilders a little more nervous, throw in someone like Crowley as well and i think they are starting to get the right sort of mix at the club, the Harvey "Mongrel" factor coming through in them...

Big question is can he control his aggresssion to serve the team in a possitive way? And can he stay fit?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Stocksy wrote:
2QIK4U wrote:Considering that most people here believe Solly's best is past him - then what do Freo see in him? Or is his main task to keep Tarrant from feeling home sick?
I think his relationship with Tarrant was a big reason for freo going after him, but his hardness is something that will only give the young kids confidence around the packs as well. There is still a beleif over here in the west that Fremantle still lack the intimidation factor and hardness in some parts of there game (especially after the Adelaide finals game and to a degree the Sydney game) and I think solly will give them something in this area. As far as rough rugged uncompromising players go they only really have Troy Cook, knowing you have Cook coming of one side of the square and Soloman off the other there will have a few midfilders a little more nervous, throw in someone like Crowley as well and i think they are starting to get the right sort of mix at the club, the Harvey "Mongrel" factor coming through in them...

Big question is can he control his aggresssion to serve the team in a possitive way? And can he stay fit?
Doesn't Freo have 2 snipers in their team? The Dodgem Carr's like to ram into the opposition while they're not looking and seem to get away with it because the review panel turns a blind eye......