Inter-forum Cricket Match

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Inter-forum Cricket Match

Post by boncer34 »

I've been asked by some people on the bulldogs fan site thebulldogsbarking.com to try and rustle up some interest for a inter-forum cricket game at the Altona Cricket Club early in December. The reason for it is to try and raise some money for under-privaliged (I know its spelt wrong) kids so they can go and see some AFL footy action next year. Now I cant take part in it because I wont be in Melbourne in December however if there is 11 interested people on here and some more who want to watch then I'll pass you on to the organisers and you can go from there. There will also be raffles, BBQ's and Drinks on the day to try and raise some funds. So any takers?

Yes I know this isnt the Serious stuff but its for a good cause and it will be seen more in here.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I would love to and it sounds like a great idea, raising money for a good cause but can't. Not good living in Sydney.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BERT wrote:I would love to and it sounds like a great idea, raising money for a good cause but can't. Not good living in Sydney.
Yeah it is a good cause, and would be good if we could back it. Now we just need people who live in Melbourne. :D
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I'd play... but I live in Adelaide :(
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Boyler_Room wrote:I'd play... but I live in Adelaide :(
Im starting to think we all live everywhere but Melbourne :P
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

boncer34 wrote:
Boyler_Room wrote:I'd play... but I live in Adelaide :(
Im starting to think we all live everywhere but Melbourne :P
bris vegas member here :P
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Melbournite, would be happy to give it a crack. Ability doesn't match enthusiasm however.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Sismis wrote:Melbournite, would be happy to give it a crack. Ability doesn't match enthusiasm however.
So we have 1. 10 more to go, if someone would like to put their hand up as captain/leader sorta thing so I can pass you onto the guys in charge it would be good.
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

I think it is a great cause and everyone that can get down there should. I wish I could make it, but I live up here in Mildura. I might however have some mates that might want to get involved and they live in Melbourne!!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rusty1978 wrote:I think it is a great cause and everyone that can get down there should. I wish I could make it, but I live up here in Mildura. I might however have some mates that might want to get involved and they live in Melbourne!!
Thats cool and if we are short then we may be able to use them, but for the moment I'd like to see if I can get 11 bombertalkees
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

I can't promise anything but upon getting closer to the date I might be a possibility and have 2 bombertalker friends who would might be interested in ARCN and Sulla(old site hasn't resigned).
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Gatsid wrote:I can't promise anything but upon getting closer to the date I might be a possibility and have 2 bombertalker friends who would might be interested in ARCN and Sulla(old site hasn't resigned).
So that might technically be 4. Come on guys are you telling me we cant get 11 guys together for charity?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

....sorry...love to but...not in melb
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

So as disappointing as it is I think I'll have to pull the plug on our involvement.