Finally, he's gone!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Finally, he's gone!

Post by Rossoneri »

Bombers trim list
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Essendon has today started the process of confirming its playing list for the 2007 season by delisting three players from its primary list as well as two rookies.

Aaron Henneman, Joel Reynolds and Tristan Cartledge were all told in separate meetings with coach Kevin Sheedy their contracts would not be extended next season, while rookies Ben Jolley and Tim O’Keefe have also been delisted.

With Dean Rioli (retired) and Dean Solomon (traded) also no longer on the primary list, Essendon has five spots available at this stage come the November draft.

Essendon has six selections in the first 47 at the National Draft and will also likely use the second selection it has at the pre-season draft, so two more places will need to be made available.

One will depend on what transpires with the listing of Adam Ramanauskas while he undergoes chemotherapy while the other will mean a further de-listing will need to be made.

Ongoing shoulder injuries made it difficult for Henneman to play his best football in recent years and he was unable to play a game during 2006. After making his debut for Essendon in 2000, he played 58 games for the Bombers but being sidelined so often made it impossible for him to string games together.

Henneman played 18 games at centre half-back the year Essendon played in the 2001 Grand Final and he looked set to make that position his own before injuries struck him down.

"With Aaron he has been very unlucky and it’s probably been seven years since he played his first match. Didn’t play a game last year when his shoulder operation didn’t come up. How long do you wait and we don’t know what is out there in the draft. He is even a player you could probably look at drafting back," Sheedy explained.

Reynolds was drafted to the Bombers as selection 31 in the 2001 National Draft and in his five seasons at the club he managed 38 games. His career was crippled with injuries and bad luck including glandular fever, osteitis pubis and stress fractures. Unable to take a trick with his body, he struggled to play his best football.

"In Reynolds’ case, he has been here five years and probably hasn’t cemented his place in the side. He has played about 30 games and probably has to get a little bit more in the possession area."

With limited chances at senior level, Cartledge was unable to force his way into the side consistently since being drafted in 2002, playing just seven games since making his debut last year.

Cartledge was brought to the club with the expectation it would take him a while to mature however the development of Patrick Ryder made it difficult for him to cement senior selection.

"Tristan is still very young, but what has happened in football is that the ruckmen are now up to 206cm and maybe that is where the game is going.

"He is a young ruckman, he has to do a lot of work and he knows that. We have spoken about it and he might be a player that could play forward and back too, because he is quite athletic.

"But we have to make way to make some changes on our list," Sheedy said.

In further news at Windy Hill today, midfielder Damien Peverill has accepted a new one-year deal with the club. Peverill has played 115 games for the club after debuting in 2001 following his promotion from the rookie list.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

So Bolts will more than likely stay if Rama can get the over-age rookie.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Damnit Rosso you beat me. I was just about to post that.

What was my forecast again? I forget... I know I said Reynolds would go, did I say Henno would stay, or either Henno or Bolts would go?
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Rossoneri wrote:So Bolts will more than likely stay if Rama can get the over-age rookie.
Depends on how many players we pick up. If we want to use all picks, then one more will need to go regardless of whether rama is rookied or delisted.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

danstar84 wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:So Bolts will more than likely stay if Rama can get the over-age rookie.
Depends on how many players we pick up. If we want to use all picks, then one more will need to go regardless of whether rama is rookied or delisted.
Well we have to use our last pick as we traded for it, and I doubt that we will pass up on a pick in the top 30 so at least one more will be gone, probably two.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Given that i reckon Rama has almost no chance of getting the concession we're asking for, and according to Sheedy we are going to use all our draft and PSD picks, then two have to go. I shudder at the fact Sheedy said he'd consider re-drafting Henneman; i can only imagine he said that just to soften the blow, so to speak.

I'm glad Peverill got rewarded with a year; he did deserve it after his second half of the season, even though some people wanted him gone.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Wooooooooooo-Hoooooooooo!! About bloody time Henno is gone. Wooooo
DYSON#2

Post by DYSON#2 »

good bye henno you hack
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Re: Finally, he's gone!

Post by boncer34 »

Rossoneri wrote:Bombers trim list
Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ongoing shoulder injuries made it difficult for Henneman to play his best football in recent years and he was unable to play a game during 2006.
Henneman played 18 games at centre half-back the year Essendon played in the 2001 Grand Final and he looked set to make that position his own before injuries struck him down.

He is even a player you could probably look at drafting back," Sheedy explained.
Its not over yet. He could still be back.
Rusty1978
Top Up Player

Post by Rusty1978 »

Please dont let Henno be re-drafted!!! If you are going to redraft anyone from that group, how about Ben Jolley. Very unlucky.

Should have been 2 extra's on that list though. Bolts and Pev. CANNOT believe Pev got another contract. Bullshit!!!!!
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

We aren't going to re-draft him. Sheeds is just letting them go with a few positive statements, possibly so they don't feel as bad.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Must say I never thought I'd see the day bomber fans turned on their players so reguarly and bagged them out so badly, regardless of their ability.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

From the looks of this we must delist another two players.

I'm not sure who else is out of contract who can be considered to be delisted.

What about Winderlich? I don't necessarily think he should go but he would have to be one to consider.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

boncer34 wrote:Must say I never thought I'd see the day bomber fans turned on their players so reguarly and bagged them out so badly, regardless of their ability.
Agree it's pretty shocking. Hate him all you want but the guy is a Bomber and it's not his fault he was kept on the list.
Bombers till' I die
Scott
On the Rookie List

Post by Scott »

Ben Jolley?

He played a couple of senior games didn't he? I thought he looked alright.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Ben Jolley is terribly unlucky, but I have popped the champagne corks on the rest. Much needed and long awaited.
beer-man
Club Captain

Post by beer-man »

boncer34 wrote:Must say I never thought I'd see the day bomber fans turned on their players so reguarly and bagged them out so badly, regardless of their ability.
Here here, He did his best, and played some decent footy in 2000, It is a shame that injuries stopped him from showing a few knockers.

Henno was a good club man, played ruck when we had no one else, despite the crap that some supporters gave him, whilst all the time he cared for his sick misses.

I really hope that he follows through with his previously stated career path in the police......and gets to pull over a few so called supporters.....Of corse if that happened, it would be "Henno, it was such a shame you got delisted. I was a big fan"

Its bloody easy to bag someone as a keyboard warrior........ :roll:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

beer-man wrote:
Here here, He did his best, and played some decent footy in 2000, It is a shame that injuries stopped him from showing a few knockers.

Henno was a good club man, played ruck when we had no one else, despite the crap that some supporters gave him, whilst all the time he cared for his sick misses.

I really hope that he follows through with his previously stated career path in the police......and gets to pull over a few so called supporters.....Of corse if that happened, it would be "Henno, it was such a shame you got delisted. I was a big fan"
Oh well, if he pulled me over, he would probably rip up my seats. There is no way I could say that with a straight face.

If he joins the police force, good on him, its good that he has fond his calling. Because playing football was not his calling.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Rossoneri wrote:
beer-man wrote:

Oh well, if he pulled me over, he would probably rip up my seats. There is no way I could say that with a straight face.

If he joins the police force, good on him, its good that he has fond his calling. Because playing football was not his calling.
No him playing ruck wasnt.
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

bueller wrote:What about Winderlich? I don't necessarily think he should go but he would have to be one to consider.
Winders signed a 2 year deal a month or so back. Besides, he looks like a late bloomer, and i'd hate to see him cut when he has just started to show something.