Hille possible suspension

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Hille possible suspension

Post by Gatsid »

Did anyone see the bumb Hille put on O'Bree in the 2nd I think it was. I don't think there was anything in it, however he did make contact with the head and I wouldn't be surprised to see it go to the MRP, and we all know what will probably happen there if it does :(
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Hille possible suspension

Post by BenDoolan »

If Hille goes for this, it will be the beginning of the end of my interest in this game.
Essendunny
Malky
Regular Senior Player

Post by Malky »

From what I saw on replay, he avoided contact to the head. It was the pinball reaction from O'Bree that jolted his head into Dyson's causing the collision.

What BD said...!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Who bloody knows what shite the match review committee might dish up.. Anyone know what his records like?...
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Maxwell situation over again. He didn't get him head high so he should be fine but its the AFL so 8 weeks.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Was contact even made?
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

There didnt seem to be much in it. However with the inconsistency of the Match review Commitee, you never know.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Channel 10 replaying it a hundred times and having Wallsy and co going on about him being in trouble wont help either
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Our great game is seriously under threat from the complete dismantling of the physicality of play, the introduction of pointless rules and the complete over-umpiring of the matches.

Soccer has made 2 rule changes in a hundred years - is it any surprise that 50,000 people turn up to the Dome to watch the a A-League final full of weekend hack amateurs. Can you imagine the problems the AFL will have if the A-League had some half decent players running around!!!

Aussie Rules has been losing its appeal gradually now for more than a decade. As a TV sport, I have to say unless the Dons are playing its bloody awful to watch now. I watched the 84 Grand Final on DVD the other day and was blown away by how much better the game was to watch. Hard running, one on ones, heavy tackling, pack marks, f*** all hand balls

What we have today is a basketballesque concoction of rules formally known as Australian Football
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The MRP reviewed the incident and threw it out. Sense prevails for once.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Hille is 6'8"???

OMG. I think I need a moment.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Damn straight Hille got cleared.
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

Fatprick Smith was on KB's show this morning on SEN bleating that Hille should have been suspended as there is no "negligible" contact specified in the modified rules.

The game is in poor shape as it is. My interest in it is severely waning. Where i used to watch 3-4 games of a weekend, i'm now only watching games that involve Essendon.