Gumbleton Injured

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Bishop Muzorewa
Top Up Player

Gumbleton Injured

Post by Bishop Muzorewa »

I say we f*** him off RIGHT NOW!!!

I even heard mail that he failed to disclose information to the club during the pre-draft process about injuries he had sutained as a teenager.

Seriously, this has gone beyond a joke. 5 senior games in '07, none since. And what I have seen has not impressed me. Unlike Carlton's young tall timber, who has shown real promise, Gumbleton has looked awkward, lacking in confidence and inept. On top of that, he is extraordinarily injury prone!

He must be put up as trade bait at years end...but I am afraid we would get not much more than a packet of Samboy chips for him!
hop
Club Captain

Re: Gumbleton is a disgrace

Post by hop »

Which is a lot more than anyone would ever get for you Bish!
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
Bishop Muzorewa
Top Up Player

Hop, I am peanut of the highest order and everyone on Bombertalk think so!
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Bishop Muzorewa wrote:Hop, you are a peanut of the highest order and everyone on Bombertalk think so!
Sounds like you haven't taken your pills today Bish... I put them in your draw underneath your pig shooting mags next to the vaseline jar.

:wink:
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I love Carlton's young tall timber.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Is it a full moon today...it must be as the loonies are loose among us today :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

He's injured again. Becoming another Courtney Johns.... :evil:
Essendunny
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

Bishop Muzorewa wrote:I say we f*** him off RIGHT NOW!!!

I even heard mail that he failed to disclose information to the club during the pre-draft process about injuries he had sutained as a teenager.

Seriously, this has gone beyond a joke. 5 senior games in '07, none since. And what I have seen has not impressed me. Unlike Carlton's young tall timber, who has shown real promise, Gumbleton has looked awkward, lacking in confidence and inept. On top of that, he is extraordinarily injury prone!

He must be put up as trade bait at years end...but I am afraid we would get not much more than a packet of Samboy chips for him!

go and flagellate, or flog yourself, or molest little boys or whatever else bishops get up to these days, and stop putting up F****** rubbish.
Bishop Muzorewa
Top Up Player

saladin, who invited you to give an opinion?? get back in your kennel!
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

Bishop Muzorewa wrote:saladin, who invited you to give an opinion?? get back in your kennel!
who invited you to post utter stupidity? i'll call BS when i see it.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

p!ss of bannana bender, go and bend micheal voss and at same time tell him hirdy was better

i like hop, so dont speak on behalf of BT
Bishop Muzorewa
Top Up Player

DYSON #2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which rock did you just crawl out from under? I happen to know as a bona fide FACT that hop is disliked! Not as much as Filthy mind you, but he is not popular...so don't ever question my authority on these matters...I also know that Gumbleton is J.U.N.K so you should start calling me the Oracle!

Warning number 1, Dyson #2
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

This forum is much more entertaining when the Bishop is around. Keep up the (good) work.

I'm massively worried about Gumbleton. Its not the fact that he's injured, its the fact that he is quite literally years behind in his development.

Our low draft picks over the past few years have all missed huge periods of footy. Gumbleton. Neagle. Dempsey. Myers. Pears. Daniher. Winderlich. Houli. Jetta. Even Reimers has been injured all pre-season. Davey had most of last year off. Hislop, Bradley and Johns are all gone. Laycock's ability is questionable.

These players (with the exception of Winderlich) should all have played 20-30 games by now. They haven't, and although I'm still hopeful, I'm starting to get worried we might be in for another painful year...
Last edited by Madden on Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bishop Muzorewa
Top Up Player

Spot on Staggy!! Spot on!

You are right: our younger "guns" just aren't getting the experience they need. Gumbleton basically goes into round 2 now with the same experience as a hgh draft pick from 2008...and he has 3 years on them.

Is this just a coincidence or is the football department just not adept at spotting both talent and soundness?
saladin
Regular Senior Player

Post by saladin »

Bishop Muzorewa wrote:Spot on Staggy!! Spot on!

You are right: our younger "guns" just aren't getting the experience they need. Gumbleton basically goes into round 2 now with the same experience as a hgh draft pick from 2008...and he has 3 years on them.

Is this just a coincidence or is the football department just not adept at spotting both talent and soundness?
yes, all of which proves that gumbleton is a disgrace. :^o
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I definately don't think he's a 'disgrace'. But I'm worried.

If the Bish actually does have evidence that he concealed injuries from EFC in 2006 then I would love to hear it... (seriously).
Bishop Muzorewa
Top Up Player

Sadly I don't have any evidence...just the mail, and I'm hearing it everywhere

but i will look into it Staggy!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Bishop Muzorewa wrote:
Which rock did you just crawl out from under? I happen to know as a bona fide FACT that hop is disliked! Not as much as Filthy mind you, but he is not popular...so don't ever question my authority on these matters...I also know that Gumbleton is J.U.N.K so you should start calling me the Oracle!

Warning number 1, Dyson #2
im going to question your authority about warning people
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

All the crap that Bishop has obviously posted to get a reply, aside, Gumbleton is a major concern!!! I am really starting to doubt he is going to carve out any sort of career, let alone a distinguished one. I have yet to see one snippet of play that has left me excited for our future prospects. I am not saying this to be controversial either, I have genuine fears!!! Of course, I will happily be proven wrong.
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Staggy wrote:This forum is much more entertaining when the Bishop is around. Keep up the (good) work.

I'm massively worried about Gumbleton. Its not the fact that he's injured, its the fact that he is quite literally years behind in his development.

Our low draft picks over the past few years have all missed huge periods of footy. Gumbleton. Neagle. Dempsey. Myers. Pears. Daniher. Winderlich. Houli. Jetta. Even Reimers has been injured all pre-season. Davey had most of last year off. Hislop, Bradley and Johns are all gone. Laycock's ability is questionable.

These players (with the exception of Winderlich) should all have played 20-30 games by now. They haven't, and although I'm still hopeful, I'm starting to get worried we might be in for another painful year...
nice post. Our young guys have seriously fallen behind other clubs and it is painful to see Carlton's young guys and Collingwood's youth starting to make an impact and staying injury free. There is a huge gap at the club between veterans of Fletch, Lloydy, Lucas, McVeigh and co... to Stants, Gus and Watson and then to our young guys. Until that gap closes we wont be in contention for the flag.