Just dreaming!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Just dreaming!

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeah it would be nice if we could get our best team on the park regularly. Surely we must have the worst luck out of all 16 clubs year after year. Would Geelong be half as good if players such as Bartel, Corey, Mackie, Ling and co spent half the season carrying injuries... i dont think so.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

McVeigh should never have played yesterday, I called that on Thursday. If he missed round 7-10, then fine, atleasthe has done the PS. But he missed 5 weeks of the PS, it's too much. He needed a run before a senior game, at least it was at lower intensity. Lonergan would have been the obvious choice.

As for the rest of our injury list, well it isnt as bad as last season which is good. Woul love to have Welsh and Prismall there but at the end of the day, who in our midfield gets dropped? For once, the midfield is doing ok, it's our forward structure is letting us down. Not sure what the reasoning is of having 4 forwards playing up onto the wing?
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Wally
Top Up Player

Post by Wally »

I'd much rather McVeigh come in against Collingwood with a hard tough hitout against a team we SHOULD have smacked rather than a jog around the park for Bendigo the week before. North have always been a hard pysical side against us and that is exactly what he needed. With the amount of interchange rotations these days I believe Knights made the right call. He had to come straight back in rather then via Bendigo and will be so much better for the run.

Longergan may have been a better option - but not at the expense of one of our only A Grade quality mids. There are others that have been mentioned elsewhere that could have made way for him.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rossoneri wrote:McVeigh should never have played yesterday, I called that on Thursday. If he missed round 7-10, then fine, atleasthe has done the PS. But he missed 5 weeks of the PS, it's too much. He needed a run before a senior game, at least it was at lower intensity. Lonergan would have been the obvious choice.

As for the rest of our injury list, well it isnt as bad as last season which is good. Woul love to have Welsh and Prismall there but at the end of the day, who in our midfield gets dropped? For once, the midfield is doing ok, it's our forward structure is letting us down. Not sure what the reasoning is of having 4 forwards playing up onto the wing?
Yeah thats a good call. Our midfield has been very effective so far this year and has plenty of pace but once they get to the half forward line it sort of falls apart. Our forwards need to start putting the score on the board because so far this year we havent really kicked many big scores.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:McVeigh should never have played yesterday, I called that on Thursday. If he missed round 7-10, then fine, atleasthe has done the PS. But he missed 5 weeks of the PS, it's too much. He needed a run before a senior game, at least it was at lower intensity. Lonergan would have been the obvious choice.

Yeah thats a good call. Our midfield has been very effective so far this year and has plenty of pace but once they get to the half forward line it sort of falls apart. Our forwards need to start putting the score on the board because so far this year we havent really kicked many big scores.
I would love to know whose idea is it that Ryder, Lucas and Lloyd all go up to the wing? Too many times on Sunday we were runnoing through the middle and had no one to kick it too. There must be at least one person there, and be a one on one, not 3 on 1.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rossoneri wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:

I would love to know whose idea is it that Ryder, Lucas and Lloyd all go up to the wing? Too many times on Sunday we were runnoing through the middle and had no one to kick it too. There must be at least one person there, and be a one on one, not 3 on 1.
Bingo.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

When does luck become an over-used word - and simply our players are not working hard enough or we're not selecting guys with the right body-types.

I'll have 5 Joel Selwoods please - even a Daniel Rich will do.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

injuries play a big part thats for sure.
still no evidence if we would necessarily be any better with a full list to choose from.(but we probably would be)

but one key attribute of a star in AFL footy, is being physically able to play 22 games a year. Which is why most 'guns' have been in the system for at least 3-4 years to harden emselves up.

be patient, stars should start emerging in the essendon lineup. we got a great bunch.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:

They all got dragged upfield by their opponents. That's what North did. If our forwards were happy to remain in the F50 while their direct opponents ran free upfield, we would never actually get the ball to kick it up there to them. That was the problem.

What I wanted to see, is when we actually caused a turnover due to the congestion in North's F50, someone need to make a break and run a straight line towards our goals and create an option. It seemed most were content to just loaf around looking for a short pass around the wings. Someone HAS to make a break and run forward. No-one did.
Essendunny
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Wally wrote:I'd much rather McVeigh come in against Collingwood with a hard tough hitout against a team we SHOULD have smacked rather than a jog around the park for Bendigo the week before. North have always been a hard pysical side against us and that is exactly what he needed. With the amount of interchange rotations these days I believe Knights made the right call. He had to come straight back in rather then via Bendigo and will be so much better for the run.

Longergan may have been a better option - but not at the expense of one of our only A Grade quality mids. There are others that have been mentioned elsewhere that could have made way for him.
McVeigh would be bleeding after last week's result. Although he wasn't a huge impact (and though I was shattered at the result and questioned bringing him striaght to the firsts instead of via Bendigo) he will lift hugely this week. Worried that he is still underdone and will push too hard and reinjure.

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)