Ricky Dyson

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Ricky Dyson

Post by stryper »

Well what can I say?
Really turned it on today.
I will admit that I was for dropping him but i am glad that they didn't after that performance...
Heres hoping that he can continue this way.
Well done Young Man =D>
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Re: Ricky Dyson

Post by swoodley »

Quite possibly the best game he has played for us and on the biggest stage he's had the opportunity to play on.

All I can say is keep it up vingertje
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

His best game by a country mile (although I didnt squeeze him nto my votes - maybe I will have another look at that!!) Gotta do it week in, week out. He showed today waht everyone has seen in glimpses. He will gain great cinfidence from his efforts today
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Windy_Hill wrote:His best game by a country mile (although I didnt squeeze him nto my votes - maybe I will have another look at that!!) Gotta do it week in, week out. He showed today waht everyone has seen in glimpses. He will gain great cinfidence from his efforts today
That goal from the bounday late in the last quarter really turned it back in our favour. If Ricky can play with this much confidence week in and week out he will be such an asset to our team. Lucky for Dyso that Spike pulled out today and he got the opportunity to shine on the big stage.
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

I am one of his biggest critics, and I believe justifyably so in general. But today Ricky was outstanding and I dip my lid to the boy. And that goal, for goodness sake, talk about poise under pressure. Laconically slotted it through. The rest is history and I am pissed. :D
auditor
High Draft Pick

Post by auditor »

cometh the hour cometh the man.
It just fell out of the sky
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Did good.

One swallow doth not make a summer.

Consistency.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

yep, well done kid. keep it up, let me keep my name for a bit longer :wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Should get plenty of pats on the back. Top game. Got in and got dirty and was rewarded for effort today

=D>
Essendunny
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Showed what we knew he was capable of, he needs to back it up!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He did go in harder than usual and took a couple of knocks, which has hasn't been his style. Today however he was in and under, and outside and a goal kicker. Tremendous effort. :D
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Dyson made me eat my words today. Now he just needs to back it up. Three weeks in a row and I'll be over the moon. Monfries was great today, too.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Ricky Dyson had a huge say in todays game.

Well played.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

yeah props to ricky d. nice game today.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

andrewb wrote:Dyson made me eat my words today.
Me too with sauce. Had given up on him. We were right behind his goal and now I know why women scream out "OMG". What I let fly with would get me banned from the members if anyone could here me whn he slotted that goal.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

that would be right, i support him as long as i possible could then start to call for his head and then he produces that performace..... good on him, hope he can do it a lot more this year
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

27 disposals, 2 goals was a fantastic performance. That goal, I said to my mate he is no chance. Proved me wrong! I agree with others that its all about consistency.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Dyson was outstanding yesterday. Both his goals were bloody superb and apart from that one OOF kick, his possessions were of a high quality. Best game for the club by a mile i would've thought.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Loved his game. Have always been a fan, but he has been letting himself down before this year. Thought he was very stiff to get dropped this week as I thought he was very good this year (except for North game where everyone was horrible). Didn't shirk an issue, used the ball so well and ran and ran and ran.

His kick to Lovett in the second quarter where Lovett marked and goaled was absolutely perfect, as was his shot from the boundary line.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

He played a wonderful game yesterday. He has been playing quite well this year. I'm sure most have noticed that he is putting his head over the ball, something which he has not done since he came to the club. I think is going a long way to improving his game. I can't recall a direct turnour from him yesterday, and this has been one of the issues he has had a few times this year. Needs to keep this form going consistently. If he does, he is an asset to the team.