Filth - "Paddy broke even with the Big Girl."

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Re: Filth - "Paddy broke even with the Big Girl."

Post by Sismis »

BREAKING f****** EVEN?????????????????? :evil:

Did Fraser have one effective touch?
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Paddy was miles better than Fraser. Could we ever go a week without someone from Collingwood talking shit?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Break even? Was Fraser a co-winner of the Anzac day Medal?
Essendunny
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Sismis wrote:BREAKING f****** EVEN?????????????????? :evil:

Did Fraser have one effective touch?
Brad Scott in the changerooms by the sound of it.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

And since when is Grant Thomas 'a respected ex-coach'?... The guy's an utter knob.

:roll:
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

Howsabout Gerard Whateley believing Adam McPhee would've been a more worthy recipient of the medal? I know it's all subjective and I reckon Adam was great but methinks Gerard likes to see himself as more insightful than the rest of the football media.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Can't believe how much is being made out of a comment by Grant Thomas. That guy shoots his mouth off at ANY opportunity.

Put simply, although they were statistically similar, Paddy influenced the outcome and Fraser didn't. I'm sick of people trying to take away from Paddy's achievement - that was a huge effort from a young ruckman and we haven't heard a peep in the media about it.

I suppose you've got to defend your players against attacks like that, but jeeez. You'd think we were coming last the way that everyone has rubbished Collingwood and Carlton for losing to us.

NEWSFLASH: We're 3 and 2 and could easily have been 4 and 1. We've had a horrible pre-season. We've got senior players dropping like flies and the 6th worst injury list in the comp. Again. We've had significantly reduced output from our only "stars" - Lucas and Lloyd. And we're still winning games of footy. Maybe it's time the "EXPERTS" in the media started to recognise that there is some quality coming through at the Bombers. Maybe it's time that the "EXPERTS" started to realise that Knights is doing a pretty good job.
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

f*** 'em all. Carlton, Collingwood, the media, anybody who disrespects this team. Anybody even remotely associated with this great club know we have the makings of a good team coming thru.

If opposition clubs and supporters want to keep underestimating us then that's their problem. Just makes it all the more sweeter when we knock 'em off.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I thought Grant Thomas' assessment of Josh Fraser was pretty spot on.
Essendunny
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

A few people have questioned Hille charging him instead of the ball, i would not be surprised if this was a set play designed to shake Fraser up.
Splodge
Top Up Player

Post by Splodge »

Filthy wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :^o :^o :^o :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

"We thought Patrick Ryder did an outstanding job in breaking even with Josh,"[/b][/color][/u] Scott said.

"He tackled extremely well, he came in as a pinch-hitter and played some exceptional football but on every measure apart from tackling, he [only] broke even with Josh."
FFS not even the Govt spin doctors would have come up with that
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:I thought Grant Thomas' assessment of Josh Fraser was pretty spot on.
Don't think so. Hille went to Fraser first, Fraser reacted late and ended up trying to protect himself. Lets face it, Hille is not skinny, the guy is built like a f****** mountain, not a hill.

Grant Thomas is a douche. Failed as a player, failed as a coach, move on and have another 12 children.

As for Scott's comments, he is confused. Hille did well to break even with Fraser.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I thought Grant Thomas' assessment of Josh Fraser was pretty spot on.
Don't think so. Hille went to Fraser first, Fraser reacted late and ended up trying to protect himself. Lets face it, Hille is not skinny, the guy is built like a f****** mountain, not a hill.

Grant Thomas is a douche. Failed as a player, failed as a coach, move on and have another 12 children.

As for Scott's comments, he is confused. Hille did well to break even with Fraser.
I fail to see where any of this is incorrect.....
"To see Josh Fraser dog it in that first three or four minutes of that game, when (David) Hille ran in, in the first three or four minutes, when the ball was up for grabs and jump out the way. Then, two minutes later for Hille to do his knee, which was terrible for him, but it really set the scene with Collingwood," Thomas said, also on SEN.

"Then for Ryder unannounced to go into the ruck and take it to Fraser who was really, really poor and disappointing.

"He (Fraser) absolutely jumped out of the way and Hille actually ran over the footy to make contact with him. It was like the bullfighter with the red rag, he jumped out of the way and there was fresh air there."

Thomas went on to say that Fraser allowed two players to "just walk through him" in two tackles.

"It just wasn't good enough it was absolutely unacceptable and if you were coaching I can understand why Mick Malthouse was livid after the game," Thomas said. The former St Kilda coach, now a media commentator, said Fraser would be judged an under-performing player rated only five out of 10 over his career.

"Which is disappointing because he offers so much, he is athletic, he can kick the ball, he can mark the ball, but his influence on the game is all too rare," Thomas said.

"You pick out three games in the year where you say 'gee he played well. He is in the best three' and because he gives you that standard you expect it more often but he doesn't seem to want to hurt, I have rarely seen him bent over absolutely hurt. To me he seems one of those floaters."
Essendunny
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Why does Thomas get away with so much?
The guy is arguably the biggest sheila playing the game, hangs out the back and gets soft kicks, always trying to take mark of the year or kick goal of the year, rarely lays a shephard or gets a hard ball get
Averages 15.5 touches a game (probably 2 contested) and less than 1 goal a game, with 2 tackles a game. For a #2 pick, who is apparently so talented and magnificent that he is likened to God, that's pretty ordinary I would have thought.

Has very very similar stats to Angus Monfries, who has only played 8 more games than him. And most of us rip into Gus (me included)

Thomas is a f****** pansy, is nothing but a down-hill skier.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Rossoneri wrote:Why does Thomas get away with so much?
The guy is arguably the biggest sheila playing the game, hangs out the back and gets soft kicks, always trying to take mark of the year or kick goal of the year, rarely lays a shephard or gets a hard ball get
Averages 15.5 touches a game (probably 2 contested) and less than 1 goal a game, with 2 tackles a game. For a #2 pick, who is apparently so talented and magnificent that he is likened to God, that's pretty ordinary I would have thought.

Has very very similar stats to Angus Monfries, who has only played 8 more games than him. And most of us rip into Gus (me included)

He is too busy advertising chips rather than playing decent footy.....

Im so sick of hearing about Collingwood both on the TV and in the papers.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:Why does Thomas get away with so much?

Well it is interesting that he attracts so much hype. In comparison, how is Brent Stanton regarded by the media? Stanton has a bigger output, and has a far bigger influence in our overall team performance than Thomas ever has at Collingwood. I believe they have a similar roles within the respective clubs. And IMO, Stanton has more ticker.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

None of our players really get much hype from the media. When people go through and list the "superstars" of the competition... besides Lloydy not many of our boys get mention which is sad.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

FRASER probably did step aside,but I'd rather hear it from someone else than CORNFLAKES.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

AnarchicBomber wrote:Howsabout Gerard Whateley believing Adam McPhee would've been a more worthy recipient of the medal? I know it's all subjective and I reckon Adam was great but methinks Gerard likes to see himself as more insightful than the rest of the football media.
This cock smoker gave Dane Swan 3 votes?

Anyone that thinks that Swan deserves the medal more than Ryder needs to follow another sport. He actually didnt even give Paddy a vote!

Gerard Whately (ABC)
3 Dane Swan
2 Scott Pendlebury
1 Adam McPhee
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:
vingertje GOLD!!!!!!