In memory of Nobby

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: In memory of Nobby

Post by BenDoolan »

Very, very sad story this one. Nobby played the game as he lived life, as a quiet achiever. I knew a guy (who I played local cricket with) who was very close to Nobby. He worked with him in Road Construction years ago. And it was years ago when I remember Chopper telling me Nobby is one of the nicest blokes he'd ever met.

Nobby was a top cricketer as well - played district level (as indicated in the article). I went to watch another mate of mine play in a local cricket Grand Final in 1992 (I think). My mate played for Campbellfield and Nobby was playing for Greenvale. I watched Nobby belt 206. I lost my loyalty that day. There I was trying to support my mate (who was bowling to him), but found myself cheering on every shot Nobby struck! All was OK....my mate is a mad Bomber supporter as well and he didn't mind Nobby belting the shit out of him :lol:

Thanks for the memories Nobby.

And Sheedy "lost" No.2 - also a Clarke, but with different spelling. Steven Clark passed away from cancer at the age of 44 in 2005.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Very sad story :( I remember when i was the mascot for the team in 2001 against Fremantle and Nobby was the runnner. He looked after us and made sure we didint get too far behind. Let's hope that hearing about stories such as this will help make people more aware of those around them and prevent this from happening too often.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

It is guys like Nobby that make EFC so great
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

A very sad story, RIP Nobby.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Seem to recall several times he successfully played on Lethal which was probably one of the asks you could take on. Always played his guts out. Very sad story
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark