NLM

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

NLM

Post by robbie67 »

Was ok last week, and back to his usual crap self this week. He is never going to make it, and should be the first personn dropped. Houli has to come in for him.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: NLM

Post by jimmyc1985 »

To Knights' credit, he wasn't in the team this year until we got a few injuries. I reckon Knights would much rather be playing Hurley or Daniher.

I'd be surprised and disappointed if his contract was extended at the end of this year.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i agree with you, he was very ordinary tonight... played well last week and we all gave him a rap but he didn't back it up, he really needed to be a shining light in a bad night to give himself any chance of credability.... drop him for houli, yes please!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
nomolos
Club Captain

Post by nomolos »

I dont think i need to say anything.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Michael Whiting of AFL.com.au is obviously F****** blind, or doesn't know that NLM wears #42...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
BEST - Essendon: Watson, Lovett-Murray, Hocking, Stanton, Lovett, Winderlich
Good one, idiot.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Michael Whiting of AFL.com.au is obviously F****** blind, or doesn't know that NLM wears #42...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/ ... fault.aspx
BEST - Essendon: Watson, Lovett-Murray, Hocking, Stanton, Lovett, Winderlich
Good one, idiot.
Michael Whiting.........the fish John West rejects.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

So let's all bag NLM...the convenient scapegoat.

By my reckoning, he was better than, Jetta, Davey, Zaharakis, Monfries, Myers, Lonergan, Lucas, Lloyd, Slattery, Dempsey and McPhee.

He was one of the few players who tried to break the lines and get it into teh forward line without chipping it around

I have no problems with him receiving criticism when it is justified but tonight I don't think it is.

By the way...where are the threads about some of the above mentioned players (not Monfrie3s obviously as Ben Doolan has already started that one)?

Or did I get it wrong and they all played well?
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

swoodley wrote:By my reckoning, he was better than, Jetta, Davey, Zaharakis, Monfries, Myers, Lonergan, Lucas, Lloyd, Slattery, Dempsey and McPhee.
I think i labelled just about every one of those players as being "passengers" tonight in my other thread :D. Although Slattery i thought was ok, McPhee was given the gig on Brown which he's not suited to, Lloyd was ok but fluffed too many shots on goal, and Davey suffered from being played in the midfield when i thought he should've been given a chance to create some goals in the forward line.

I thought about regurgitating the Lucas thread but thought it would be in bad taste. I emphatically wrote him off last week and it's sad watching him at the moment.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

swoodley wrote:So let's all bag NLM...the convenient scapegoat.

By my reckoning, he was better than, Jetta, Davey, Zaharakis, Monfries, Myers, Lonergan, Lucas, Lloyd, Slattery, Dempsey and McPhee.

He was one of the few players who tried to break the lines and get it into teh forward line without chipping it around

I have no problems with him receiving criticism when it is justified but tonight I don't think it is.

By the way...where are the threads about some of the above mentioned players (not Monfrie3s obviously as Ben Doolan has already started that one)?

Because it's always the same with this bloke. Tell me just once in his entire career when he has put two games together? He is just another Bolton like passenger, who is getting games because we are not very good.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

robbie67 wrote:

Because it's always the same with this bloke. Tell me just once in his entire career when he has put two games together? He is just another Bolton like passenger, who is getting games because we are not very good.
Well you see robbie, I didn't think he was too bad tonight and certainly a lot better than quite a few other players. He played well last week also so by my reckoning that's two reasonable games in a row.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yes as you all know i am a fan of Natrat but i too thought he was quite serviceable tonight. Yes he turned the ball over a few times but so did a lot of other players as well. I thought in the last quarter in particular he did some nice things across the back half and gave us some run through the middle. Yes Houli should be in the team next week but no in the place of Natrat. We need as many bigger bodied players in there as we can or the Hawks will simply push us over.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Wasn't our worst. Shouldn't be bagging him for it IMO...
canberrabomber
Top Up Player

Post by canberrabomber »

NLM...

Frustrating!

Plodder.

Mediocre skill. Decision-making; weak. Improvement? doubtful

Obvious role in the team? To me seems not.

Scapegoat? No. Symptom of our problems? Yes.

Perhaps might be a pet selection in a good team. EFC no such luxury.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I've been on his bandwagon for years and always kept the faith. All you doubters should be ashamed of yourselves.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I've been on his bandwagon for years and always kept the faith. All you doubters should be ashamed of yourselves.
Haha.. :lol: ...opportunist! :lol:

:wink:
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I've been on his bandwagon for years and always kept the faith. All you doubters should be ashamed of yourselves.
You inner-city suburbanites and your sarcasm...
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I cant believe the lack of faith some of you have shown in this bloke.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I don't really have an issue with NLM. I think he tries his damned best. He may not be the best footballer going around, but he gives it everything. Personally, I think he is more value and more dangerous up forward than anywhere else on the field.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BenDoolan wrote:I don't really have an issue with NLM. I think he tries his damned best. He may not be the best footballer going around, but he gives it everything. Personally, I think he is more value and more dangerous up forward than anywhere else on the field.
Yep i agree and last night definately showed that. Natrat is a pretty good mark and that should be used in the forward half rather than the back half now that we have so many young defenders coming through.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

I kept the faith and I have been vindicated O:)