The Cauldron

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
F111
Essendon Legend

The Cauldron

Post by F111 »

For those at the game...what did you think of "The Cauldron" attempt at hype for the game?

Walking into the ground seeing large oversize pictures of players everywhere was a good start I thought and the pictures were great.

The fella that did the announcing was trying hard, but not too hard I thought. His initial attempts at the gee up may have been a little early as the seats were remarkably empty.

I was in two minds about the air raid sirens, but my kid liked it. He didn't know what the noise represented until I told him, but he laughed once he knew. He thought it was great.

Overall, it was much better than the last thing they tried...make it loud or whatever...
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Re: The Cauldron

Post by merc_2 »

Agree...the crowd comes in late for a Friday night game...most of us are rushing there after a days work...
The player pictures on the Bourke Streek footbridge where great....
However, they should pics of players who are actually going to play that night...not the ones out injured!
hop
Club Captain

Re: The Cauldron

Post by hop »

Docklands will never be Windy-Hill.

Having said that - do we want it to be? .......

For me the biggest mistake My Club has made was moving from the 'G'

Last night the feel and atmosphere was better -despite the inate nervousness. However we are always going to be 'performing' to the theatre croud.

I remember voting to move (from the MCG to Docklands) on the premise that 'big games' will be moved back to the 'G' and that 'The Dome' could be reconfigured to accommodate the soccer and rugby games. They even sent out brochures that showed how the wings had hidden bays of seats which changed the stadium from an oval to a rectangle.

The Dome needs EFC more than we need the Dome.

This needs to be discussed and considered by our membership.
My material isn't very good..Oh...and then there's the bladder problem.