Lay Off Laycock!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Lay Off Laycock!

Post by Sismis »

I'm little bit sick of the ammount of crap Laycock is getting at the moment. It's pretty harsh to be getting into a bloke who is injured and cannot make a statement either way on the field. He has a chronic injury which could well have effected his performance last year

This year has seen a vast improvement in a number of players who have previously been the perenial whipping boys, but Laycock who is yet to even grace the field is still coming under fire.

In the second half of this year Laycock could be an extremely important player for us. He has the big body to match it with the bigger ruckmen and can play an imposing marking forward role.

Give him a f****** chance
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Re: Lay Off Laycock!

Post by hillchaser »

Laymember is not a whipping boy .. but was justifiably criticised. Laycock's had a heap of chances .. already. I personally haven't posted on it this year but I don't think it is his ability that people have a problem with. Just his intensity and attack on the ball which is a joke. The impact the Bellchambers had in his first game is already far greater than Laycock who had small midfielders pushing him out of marking contests.

Ricky Dyson is the other one that has come to mind and I agree that the years of persistance with him are finally paying dividends. I'm enjoying watching him .. but you can't afford to have a whole group of project players that are just have potential .. Personally I think both Laymember and Dyson have had their chances.. Dyson might well have his career saved by injuries to McVeigh and Welsh.

That said for the record I hope Dyson continues to play well but I suspect that his position will come under threat when some of the healthy players return.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Post by DC »

f**k you sismis... :wink:
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Sismis wrote:I'm little bit sick of the ammount of crap Laycock is getting at the moment. It's pretty harsh to be getting into a bloke who is injured and cannot make a statement either way on the field. He has a chronic injury which could well have effected his performance last year

This year has seen a vast improvement in a number of players who have previously been the perenial whipping boys, but Laycock who is yet to even grace the field is still coming under fire.

In the second half of this year Laycock could be an extremely important player for us. He has the big body to match it with the bigger ruckmen and can play an imposing marking forward role.

Which particular threads are you referring to in regards to "the amount of crap laycock is getting at the moment"?

I know that I consider him to be a poor option and that has nothing to do with him being injured...it's always been about his attitude and performance. He's played a handful (if that) of good games since he started and (imo) Bellchambers has a hell of a lot more upside than Laycock because he shows that he wants to be out there.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Here Here Sis!!

He will make a lot of people eat there words
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Windy_Hill wrote:He will make a lot of people eat there words
Perhaps, but only when he changes his attitude on the field, which is what he gets criticised for.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Sismis wrote:I'm little bit sick of the ammount of crap Laycock is getting at the moment. It's pretty harsh to be getting into a bloke who is injured and cannot make a statement either way on the field. He has a chronic injury which could well have effected his performance last year

You really do get carried away talking some crap sometimes Sissy old son. I cant remember the last time an anti Laycock thread appeared on these pages. I do have to tell you though, I was damn tempted to put one up after ANZAC Day. I say Jason half a dozen times on the big day........in the TAB at the Punt Road end. Maybe if he had spent some more time discovering what having a bit of ticker is all about by watching a young bloke called Ryder on that day, he could become someone who doesnt warrant has much critisism has he gets.

When he is critisised, it is rarely if ever an issue of the amount of talent he has, it always has to do with his body language, and his attitude. He waltzes around the ground like it is a privelage that we are graced by his presence in the red and black. Unless you are performing, that sort of shit never sits well with people like us who bleed for the club, and would sell our own mothers to get half the opportunties this bloke has been given.

He needs to grow a cock, and get some ******* determination...and he would want to hurry, because he is now about the 4th choice ruckman on the list and is fading fast.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

you can leave jason words of support this sunday during the telecast(if not going to the game):

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/news.asp?nid=6581

personally I think he is due to either kick on or drop off. 58 games and his 5th year playing AFL. he has gotten a fair suck of the sav.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

robbie67 wrote: You really do get carried away talking some crap sometimes Sissy old son. I cant remember the last time an anti Laycock thread appeared on these pages. I do have to tell you though, I was damn tempted to put one up after ANZAC Day. I say Jason half a dozen times on the big day........in the TAB at the Punt Road end. Maybe if he had spent some more time discovering what having a bit of ticker is all about by watching a young bloke called Ryder on that day, he could become someone who doesnt warrant has much critisism has he gets.

When he is critisised, it is rarely if ever an issue of the amount of talent he has, it always has to do with his body language, and his attitude. He waltzes around the ground like it is a privelage that we are graced by his presence in the red and black. Unless you are performing, that sort of shit never sits well with people like us who bleed for the club, and would sell our own mothers to get half the opportunties this bloke has been given.

He needs to grow a cock, and get some ******* determination...and he would want to hurry, because he is now about the 4th choice ruckman on the list and is fading fast.
I know an anti-laycock thread has not appeared he's being slagged left right and center in threads that have nothing to do with him!

I have heard people say similar things about Ryder this year prior to ANZAC day I heard poeple say similar stuff about Hille as late as three years ago. The guy played last year with a chronic foot injury and still showed glimpses at times.

This year has shown a resergence of the club and some players who we thought would be gone at year end. I want Laycock to have the same chances.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

DC wrote:f**k you sismis... :wink:
And while you're at it you can lay off me too! DC you mean bastard!
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

Sismis wrote:
robbie67 wrote: You really do get carried away talking some crap sometimes Sissy old son. I cant remember the last time an anti Laycock thread appeared on these pages. I do have to tell you though, I was damn tempted to put one up after ANZAC Day. I say Jason half a dozen times on the big day........in the TAB at the Punt Road end. Maybe if he had spent some more time discovering what having a bit of ticker is all about by watching a young bloke called Ryder on that day, he could become someone who doesnt warrant has much critisism has he gets.

I know an anti-laycock thread has not appeared he's being slagged left right and center in threads that have nothing to do with him!

I have heard people say similar things about Ryder this year prior to ANZAC day I heard poeple say similar stuff about Hille as late as three years ago. The guy played last year with a chronic foot injury and still showed glimpses at times.

This year has shown a resergence of the club and some players who we thought would be gone at year end. I want Laycock to have the same chances.
But he doesn't show any ticker, Sismis, that's the difference. Pretty much every player on the list tries his arse off for this club but Laycock is laconic on the verge of not caring. His preparation has been poor so to me it's little wonder he has had a few injuries. When he has been fit he has pulled out of contests which is just not on for a bloke who is 200cm and 105kg.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.