Milne!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Milne!

Post by Megan »

Answer a Q for Mrs M and I and get our undying admiration...

Did Milne ever actually play a senior game for us? I was inclined to think he had, because I've seen him play in the red and black and I don't watch the VFL. Mrs M is inclined to think he had not. So maybe I had seen a VFL game???
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Re: Milne!

Post by robbie67 »

Never played senior football for Essendon. May have played in an o/s exhibition?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

By the way, seeing as you are offering something I already have. Any chance of a BJ? ;)
visiting saint
Top Up Player

Post by visiting saint »

AFL debut. Round 4 2001 St.Kilda vs Port
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Megan wrote:Answer a Q for Mrs M and I and get our undying admiration...

Did Milne ever actually play a senior game for us? I was inclined to think he had, because I've seen him play in the red and black and I don't watch the VFL. Mrs M is inclined to think he had not. So maybe I had seen a VFL game???
haha you saw my post at the ladies board then ( i agree that there are some serious bimbos on there haha). Are you glad that we didint draft him??
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

He kicked a handful of goals in a London game. Closest he ever got.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Mrs M they ain't friggen ladies :P

I actually wouldn't have minded a Milne-type, only without the attitude he's so well known for.

F111, I DO remember the London game, watched that so I reckon you've hit the nail on the head there! That's where I remember him from, thanks!

And visiting Saint, stick around!! It's always refreshing to have some supporters of over clubs in here, as long as they're not wankers and can talk reasonable footy and put up with a bit of bias from us Bombers :D We used to have a Lions lad... whatever happened to him?

And Robbie, no ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Yeah, I also remember Wrong Red & Black...the kiwi who I think was based in perth and supported the Crusaders in the Rugby...where did s/he disappear to???
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Back to Back and rebuild the Lions dude was good value too.
Splodge
Top Up Player

Post by Splodge »

F111 wrote:He kicked a handful of goals in a London game. Closest he ever got.
1999 vs the Whores

I was there and he looked a gun working his socks off and one of the few players who has ever played the exhibition games over here as if it actually meant something.
Carlton Football Club - Surely a contradiction in terms?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Either he, or Chris Ladhams kicked a number of goals in a Reserves GF (I can't remember who in 1999?). But he was gone not long after that.
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BenDoolan wrote:Either he, or Chris Ladhams kicked a number of goals in a Reserves GF (I can't remember who in 1999?). But he was gone not long after that.
wow i remember him lol. i got his autograph at training back in the day. He had to retire prematurely didint he due to knee problems?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:Either he, or Chris Ladhams kicked a number of goals in a Reserves GF (I can't remember who in 1999?). But he was gone not long after that.
wow i remember him lol. i got his autograph at training back in the day. He had to retire prematurely didint he due to knee problems?
Chris Ladhams went to to play 50+ games for Adelaide, and wasn't a bad player for them either :wink:
Essendunny