Myers not up to it

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Myers not up to it

Post by DC »

this bloke is not up to it ...well yet(maybe never will be). But he is still young so who knows...all I know is he is not in the best 22. He makes too many bad decisions.

He has been like this all season. He must be dropped.
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: Myers not up to it

Post by billyduckworth »

Hooker and Pears both seem to have gone past him at the moment (and Zaha too).

Not sure why. Carrying an injury? Being played in the wrong position?
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

Always looks like he's running in mud. I thought he must be carrying some sort of injury. Now we know eh... Hopefully he can get his fitness up, only then will he be a damaging player for us.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Its hard to judge him at the moment as he's simply not fit.

Personally, I would like to see him go back to Bendigo and get some miles in the legs.

I still think he'll be a player, but we've got a lot of senior blokes to come back and I would have thought he would be one of the first ones dropped for Welsh, McVeigh, Fletcher et al.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Glandular fever in Feb. Really knocks you around.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

andrewb wrote:Glandular fever in Feb. Really knocks you around.
If that's what he had no wonder he looks slow. That's nasty. I got it during year 12 and it f*cked me right up.
We saw early last year what he is capable of - happy for him to play either seniors or in the VFL because the more games he plays the better he will get.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Ossie wrote:
andrewb wrote:Glandular fever in Feb. Really knocks you around.
If that's what he had no wonder he looks slow. That's nasty. I got it during year 12 and it f*cked me right up.
We saw early last year what he is capable of - happy for him to play either seniors or in the VFL because the more games he plays the better he will get.
Most players look slow when they are playing alongside Lovett, Davey, Dempsey and Licha.

I'm happy for Myers to stay in the team, he is a player, just give him time to shine. it can be in the two i guess tho...but longer term i see him as the next mcphee. real utility player.

I really like the look of our future back six: dempsey,hooker, pears, hurley, slattery and myers. that is a great mix. premiership backline in the next 2-3 years? i hope so.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I hope he can get back to where he was last year and then start to improve.
If he does, will be a good wing/half-back.

Still should have picked Rioli though.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeah i think its time for Myers to go back to Bendigo again to get his fitness and confidence back. Either Jetta or Hurley should come in for him.

Welsh, Skippy, Laycock, Reimers and McVeigh are all a chance to return to footy this weekend as well. Bendigo may have a great chance of winning finally with those inclusions!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Every times he has had the ball lately he seems to just kick it as far as he can and ends up turning it over. His long kicking can be good for kicking the ball over this zone rubbish but he has to learn when to kick it long and when to find a shorter target.