Tayte Pears.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

Tayte Pears.

Post by tom9779 »

Does he get a look in for the rising star award this week?

i didnt get too see much footy this weekend, but surely he will pull a nomination sometime this year.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Re: Tayte Pears.

Post by billyduckworth »

A month ago I was a bit worried about this boy - seemed to turn the ball over a lot (though he certainly wasn't on his own with that!). Now the last 3 weeks, given huge tasks each week, he has really blossomed, as has Hooker.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Going to be a damn good player this boy. He’s only 19 and he is a really big improver this year. May very well win the Most Improved Player award this year if he continues on his current form. Although Kosi kicked 4, Pears played very well on him IMO. He got 26 disposals at 96% efficiency. That’s a damn good effort in anyone’s language.
Essendunny
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Has been interesting comparing both Pears and Myers short careers. i was immediately drawn to Myers with his booming left foot, but Pears has shown great maturity in the past couple of weeks and has left him behind.

This kid already has a solid build and will end up an awesome unit over the next few years. Already looks a settled part of the backline.

Big Tick!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Won't win the rising star this week - but can play.

We should be a fair chance for a few nominations later in the season. Pears, Hooker, Hurley etc. Though the nominations tend to always go to midfielders, so who knows...
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Staggy wrote:Won't win the rising star this week - but can play.

We should be a fair chance for a few nominations later in the season. Pears, Hooker, Hurley etc. Though the nominations tend to always go to midfielders, so who knows...
Who will then... the only players i can think of that had half decent games were Nahas and Sidebottom...

Pears and Hooker have been amazing in the absence of Fletcher, Surely that hard work has to be rewarded by the AFL some time this year.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:
Staggy wrote:Won't win the rising star this week - but can play.

Who will then... the only players i can think of that had half decent games were Nahas and Sidebottom...

Pears and Hooker have been amazing in the absence of Fletcher, Surely that hard work has to be rewarded by the AFL some time this year.
Nahas kicked five goals which would be looked upon more favourably than a backman whose opponent kicked four.

Don't hold your breath waiting for a nomination for any of our backmen (imo)
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He has been great. Keeping Roughead to only 2 goals last week and then yesterday he used the ball well. He had 4 goals kicked on him but the size difference may have played a factor in that.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Once his kicking improves, though it has been better the last two weeks, this kid will be a gun.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Big test for Pears and Hooker this week. At least one will be playing on a marking small (e.g. Morton) and will get a chance to show off their versatility. Should be interesting to watch.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I'm on board. This kid is the goods.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Really, really impressed with this kid. He's shown a mountain of maturity in the backline and has been involved in a lot of important plays, often as the playmaker. Found himself up on a wing quite frequently last night, and wasn't afraid to run off his man and create some play. I'm liking what I'm seeing. I thought he was in our best players last night, which is a big wrap for the kid (not that it was me who thought it, but rather that he was good enough to be 'considered' by many to be on that list).

I think the future of our backline, which was not too long ago a point of much concern for most of us, seems to be in good hands.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

He has found his feet over the last few weeks really well.

You can't help but think that Knighta and his assistants have got this great Club into a fantastic position moving forwards - lets capatalize BIG TIME!!!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So which f***'n spud is going to win this week's nomination?
Essendunny
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BenDoolan wrote:So which f***'n spud is going to win this week's nomination?
Hopefully Tayte does but Hawthron's Beau Muston had an amazing debut yesterday. I think he got 31 possies or something.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Muston should have been suspended though for a late strike to Nissan Sylvia, but it was ridculously thrown out.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

well Tayte misses out again on the rising star nom..... Adelaides Andy Otten got it this week.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:well Tayte misses out again on the rising star nom..... Adelaides Andy Otten got it this week.
Of course.
Essendunny
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:well Tayte misses out again on the rising star nom..... Adelaides Andy Otten got it this week.
Daniel Rich will win the rising star award this year eh.

25 disposals, 7 marks and a goal. bloody handy pickup for the lions.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tom9779 wrote:
Daniel Rich will win the rising star award this year eh.

25 disposals, 7 marks and a goal. bloody handy pickup for the lions.
He won the award before the season started. Such is the buillshit "criteria" they nominate and vote in this piss ant "award".
Essendunny