What we've been missing

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

What we've been missing

Post by hillchaser »

Since the decline of Rama, Mercury, Bewick, Caracella and Blumfield we haven't had small forwards/wingers that are capable of kicking 2 or 3 each week. Others might chip in now and again but in general we've missed these types of players who could kick long, didn't panic and had great skills. Now we have two : Lovett and Zaharakis.

Lovett is now consistent and Zaha is going to be a deadset champion. I can't believe how lucky we are to have drafted both Hurley and Zaha. They will both be tier one players in the next few years. A couple of times in the last month Zaha could have finished with a bag of 5.
Scott
On the Rookie List

Re: What we've been missing

Post by Scott »

I think Zaharakis has come on in leaps and bounds for a first year player. IMO he's ahead of Jetta.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Not a hard one there Scott - but, let's just pray for health and consistency...that's all we ask for.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

bomberflyer wrote:Not a hard one there Scott - but, let's just pray for health and consistency...that's all we ask for.
You missed premierships (I am a greedy bugger and want more than one) there in those wishes bomberflyer :wink:
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

2009 GOALS
Lloyd, Matthew 20
Winderlich, Jason 9
Lovett, Andrew 9
Stanton, Brent 7
Davey, Alwyn 7
Zaharakis, David 7
McPhee, Adam 6
Monfries, Angus 6
Neagle, Jay 6
Dempsey, Courtenay 5

Winderlich, Lovett, Stanton and Zakka have all been kicking goals from the midfield this year. Prismall and McVeigh are goal kickers, too. Major difference between this year and last year.

The other big difference between this year and last year is the amount of players that we've had who've played all 9 games... We only had 1 or 2 guys who played all 22 last year!
azza78
High Draft Pick
Location: Cairns, FNQ. Home of the mighty Cairns Draught, may it RIP

Post by azza78 »

Throw in Reimers too, who showed a knack for kicking sausage rolls from a flank/midfield last year.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Scott wrote:I think Zaharakis has come on in leaps and bounds for a first year player. IMO he's ahead of Jetta.
I agree. Zaka has proven to be very dangerous around goals already in his short career. Hopefully he can keep playing like this and give Rich, Hill and Ziebell a run for their money in the Rsing Star award.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

David Zaharakis is the next Mark Mercuri - one is Greek and the other is Italian - but, who gives a c-rap!
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

bomberflyer wrote:David Zaharakis is the next Mark Mercuri - one is Greek and the other is Italian - but, who gives a c-rap!
I wouldnt mind changing my name to Mrs Zaharakis ;)