Humble Pie

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Humble Pie

Post by hillchaser »

Over the last couple of years I've made a lot of posts and predictions about different players. Mostly I've been correct but for the record ....

Dyson : Wrong .. looks to have finally found himself .. still not sure if he is in our best 22 since McVeigh would fill that role but he has shown a lot more (not talking about skill) heart than I thought he had. Has been important for us this year.

Winderlich: I also wrote Licha off. Not in the same way as Dyson but I just thought his frame was too skinny and that he would continue to get injured.. Wrong again !

Lovett: Loved his ability but was among those happy for him to be traded last year. I guess I was in good company as the EFc thought the same thing.. my problem was his defence pressure and his attitude .. What a turn around ! He's close to our best player now. I'm glad he's made the most of his chances.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Re: Humble Pie

Post by Crazyman »

Not the only one having a few slices of that at the moment and here's hoping that there is more on the plate to come...the cream can be us challening for finals this year :wink:
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Re: Humble Pie

Post by BenDoolan »

Yes, I had given up all hope for Dyson. I'm glad that he is in a good patch of form. He does possess a wonderful left foot kick, and he is getting down and dirty and getting rewarded. He busting his guts out there and it's good to see.

I never gave up on the other two. I never at any stage wanted Lovett traded. I'm so glad things have worked out in our favour. Some of his bursts are Michael Long like. Love watching him play. Winderlich is just having a sensational year. It is unbelievable to see him playing the way he is considering his career threatening back problem last year.
Essendunny