Scott Lucas

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Scott Lucas

Post by robbie67 »

The rumours of his demise have been greatly exagerated. So to be fair, are we sending the skip of for a stint at Bendigo now? :wink:
stryper
High Draft Pick

Re: Scott Lucas

Post by stryper »

Lucas can hold his head high on todays effort. Credit to him.
Admire his courage and determination to get back.

Neagle on the other hand today - very dissapointing and Lloydy Not much better...

Oh well such is life. Now the break to regroup after a very ordinary effort today.

Top 8 spot was up for grabs and they stuffed it up... Aghhhhhhh!!! :roll:
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Lucas played really well when he was forward. Spent a fair whack of the game in defence and had a few runs on the ball in the ruck.

On Lloyd, had he played in the F50 instead of wherever the hell he was playing.... some bizarre wing type role through the middle leadup CHF and down on half back... I'm fairly sure he'd have had a decent run today. Although, that sitter he put down in the centre was terrible (but he wasn't alone.. we all had butterfingers after 1/2 time today!).

What I don't get was why McPhee had to be moved forward when Lucas was moved into the ruck. Lloyd was sitting on the bench and McPhee was our loose player in the backline who was actually doing a decent job of cleaning up Hooker's mess onTippett for a while. Solution? Get Lloyd off the pine, sit him in the forward line (where he bloody well belongs) and get McPhee back in defence where he was performing a much needed role.

Yes, I'm angry.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

You've got to wonder, for mine Lloyd only had one stellar performance this year (against Carlton) he has been good servicable in another 3-4 games and in the rest he has provided little to nothing.

How many times has he been held goaless this year? 3-4 times, simply not good enough from your main forward target.

Prehaps if he was stuck in the goalsquare and not told to leave the f****** 50m arc he would perform better. He is a full forward, I don't care how well he played up the ground in the 2nd half of last year, he is a FULL FORWARD nothing else.

GET IT INTO HEAD KNIGHTA AND LLOYD!!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

ealesy wrote:You've got to wonder, for mine Lloyd only had one stellar performance this year (against Carlton) he has been good servicable in another 3-4 games and in the rest he has provided little to nothing.

How many times has he been held goaless this year? 3-4 times, simply not good enough from your main forward target.

Prehaps if he was stuck in the goalsquare and not told to leave the f****** 50m arc he would perform better. He is a full forward, I don't care how well he played up the ground in the 2nd half of last year, he is a FULL FORWARD nothing else.

GET IT INTO HEAD KNIGHTA AND LLOYD!!
I know you mention it at the end, but a bit hard to be your main forward target when you're on the wing or the half back line.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
The Fly
High Draft Pick

Post by The Fly »

Scott grabbed his opportunity with both hands today.

Jay Neagle on the otherhand must be skating on very thin ice with Knighta by now and I am wondering when his patience will run out. I dont care how much tanlent a guy might have, he will never fullfil his potential when he is clearly not fit enough and is carrying too much weight. Benigo beckons.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

stryper wrote:Lucas can hold his head high on todays effort. Credit to him.
Admire his courage and determination to get back.

Neagle on the other hand today - very dissapointing and Lloydy Not much better...

Oh well such is life. Now the break to regroup after a very ordinary effort today.

Top 8 spot was up for grabs and they stuffed it up... Aghhhhhhh!!! :roll:

Bit harsh on the team to say it was an ordinary effort strypes...

For mine, it seems that the break is coming at just the right time cause I think our younger players are just starting to show a bit of wear and that is why we lost...
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

What killed us today was we didn't Man Up...
Many times I was screaming Man Up
Gave those Crows far too many oppurtunities to kick goals. So I say fairly ordinary...
Having said that I was very angry at the time and have since calmed down a little...
I say it again. Well done Scotty.
I had just about written him off and he proved me wrong and I am Not ashamed to say this.

Break couldn't have come at a better time.
Had a few Guys back into the side which will be much better for the run. Reimers,Prismall and Lucas.

Signs are looking good even though we lost and We were hurting badly from such a tough Physical game from last week.
Turnovers killed us but Scotty - Hold your head up high.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Stryper, we very ordinary when we didnt have the ball. Once again we look like a top 4 club when we do have it. Even the defensive pressure we usually apply accross our half forward line was lacking today. I noticed it particularly after Dempsey copped that knock early, he was great in the first quarter, but after that his impact was minimal.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Big serve of humble pie to those that wrote Scotty off. Played like the Scotty of old today and liking his attack in the contest and pushing the ball, tapping it to rovers e.g. alwyn n co.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

About the only positive today. Good to see him back.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It was great to see Scotty back today. No forward would have kicked a goal if he didn't play.

Is Lloyd carrying an injury? I didn't see his feet leave the ground today.
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Suprised that EFC went for a three tall forward setup - and had Lloyd on half-forward.

Lloyd had no influence - and Bock kept running off him to set up most of the crows first half goals. Get him back to the goal square.

Neagle was a butterfingers today (unlike Tippett - though Tippet had a much better run from the umps - Neagle should have had at least three frees).

What really annoyed me about Neagle was in the third quarter when his opponent was running the length of the ground - Jay only did a token jog after the crows ball carrier. Not sure whether he was unfit or whether it was a lack of effort. Either way ... more needed.

Given Lloyd and Lucas in the team - would have preferred Jetta as an opportunistic crumber (which we didn't have) over Neagle

Cheers
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

sti dreams wrote:Suprised that EFC went for a three tall forward setup - and had Lloyd on half-forward.

Lloyd had no influence - and Bock kept running off him to set up most of the crows first half goals. Get him back to the goal square.

Neagle was a butterfingers today (unlike Tippett - though Tippet had a much better run from the umps - Neagle should have had at least three frees).

What really annoyed me about Neagle was in the third quarter when his opponent was running the length of the ground - Jay only did a token jog after the crows ball carrier. Not sure whether he was unfit or whether it was a lack of effort. Either way ... more needed.

Given Lloyd and Lucas in the team - would have preferred Jetta as an opportunistic crumber (which we didn't have) over Neagle

Cheers
There were a number of times where Bock and co would run the length of the field along the wing without any pressure and deliver (again without any pressure) to the advantage of their forwards. Really annoys me. If they were manning up, 18 on 18, every player should be under pressure and the ball carier should have someone coming to him. We NEVER go to the ball carrier, all too often just let them run down the park while we meander around looking for something someone must have lost during the pregame warm up.

While Neagle has a severe case of butterfingers, he wasn't the only one. After half time we all had the same problem. We must have oiled up our hands or something to make the game a bit harder? Annoyed the daylight s out of me. I know it was raining leading up to half time, which is why they closed the roof... but crikey. Who doesn't play in the rain?

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
s'dreams
Champion of Essendon

Post by s'dreams »

Boyler_Room wrote:
sti dreams wrote:Suprised that EFC went for a three tall forward setup - and had Lloyd on half-forward.

Cheers
There were a number of times where Bock and co would run the length of the field along the wing without any pressure and deliver (again without any pressure) to the advantage of their forwards. Really annoys me. If they were manning up, 18 on 18, every player should be under pressure and the ball carier should have someone coming to him. We NEVER go to the ball carrier, all too often just let them run down the park while we meander around looking for something someone must have lost during the pregame warm up.
Agreed - one word... accountability - it was there in the first quarter, but not after that.

Another word - shepparding ... stuff all from us today and it added huge additional pressure and led to lots of turnovers and !!! The crows did it well - even in their forward goalsquare .

Cheers - STI
dices ad adepto futui (tell them to f*** off)
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Lucas got his first touch and I turned to my Hawk supporting sister and said "There isn't a Bomber supporter alive who doesn't want to see this man kick a bag after the season he's been through so far".

Just that one OOTF kick to remind us of the past 11 rounds, and onwards and upwards. Really glad to see him back!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Lucas - 11 handballs!! Even the old blokes can adapt where necessasy. Great to see that big left foot back in action.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Was a good game especially considering he was moved all over the place. He was best when up forward - tried hard in the ruck and went close to breaking even there, was beaten in defence, and was good up forward.

The comment made in this thread that Lloyd was badly run off by Bock is spot on, and also applies to Neagle (Rutten) and Lucas when he was playing forward. Our key forwards all got badly run off and that was where the Crows started a lot of their attacks from in the second half.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I was so happy to see him play well. He is a legend of this football club and no one likes to see those players playing in the 2nds.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

There was a massive roar when Lucas got his first touch yesterday... we love him!!!! :D