Fletcher & Welsh Set to Play

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Ronny Rotten
High Draft Pick

Fletcher & Welsh Set to Play

Post by Ronny Rotten »

According to Knights, Fletcher & Welsh are set to resume this week as well as Winderlich & perhaps Slattery.

So who is in danger of being dropped, with Bendigo not playing until the 28th June whoever gets dropped they won't be getting any match play. However if they were playing with Bendigo only the backs & midfield would be a chance to get a kick?? The forwards may as well bring a deck chair & read a book.

IMO those who will go are from Neagle, Zaharakis, Dyson & perhaps Lonegan who would be stiff to miss. They may give Slatt's another weeks rest.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Fletcher & Welsh Set to Play

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Yeah i reckon they will give Slats another week to recover so he will be available when we play Carlton.

IN- Fletcher, Winderlich, Welsh
OUT- Neagle, Zaharakis, Lonergan

Whoever misses out this week will be pretty stiff because they have been playing well this year. I would like Neagle to play against the Melb defence but Hooker needs to stay in the side to help Ryder in the ruck.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Not sure about bringing in 2 players who haven' played for a while. We'd have alot of players who are not yet match fit. Fletcher, McVeigh, Prismall, Welsh, Reimers.

Fletcher as always comes back in but I hope we aren't taking Melbourne too easy by having so many players in the side who aren't fit enough yet.
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

Agree Robrulz5 - I wouldn't be rushing any of the three back this week if there is any doubt over their fitness.

We are playing Melbourne so I'm not sure we need to risk anyone against them?

If Welsh, Winderlich and Fletcher were to come in I would rest Neagle, Zaharakis and Davey. The last bloke IMO needs to go back to Bendigo and get some form. I would persist with Lonergan, as Davey has more ability but hasn't been delivering on that ability this year IMO. And, you can't knock Lonergan's application.

A tough call either way on the last one.

Preferred option.

Fletcher in and Neagle out (get him to run to Geelong and back for fitness).

Give Welsh a strong hitout on the track and Winderlich a week in a protected bubble.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Players lacking match fitness should not be rushed back into the team in tandem as they will only be able to play limited time and this puts pressure on our rotations.

We need to take a responsible approach to ensure that the team selected has the best chance of winning each week.

Having 2, 3 or 4 returning players at come back at once would be detrimental in my opinion.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

I agree, Filth. Let's get the guns back on the field in the Ones and get some seniors footy into them rather than run around with Bendigo on some paddock. We do not have the luxury of time to ease these guys back through the reserves.

Having said that, this was really tough to determine who goes out to make space.

Fletch, Woosha and Licha for Neagle, Bachar and Zak. Bachar stiff with 26 possessions but he still turns it over more times than is acceptable. I would also consider dropping Hooker who I know has tried his guts out, but the looming game against the scum worries the sh#t out of me and we cannot expect Fev to kick poorly again. Too many times, Cale has been out of position and given up an uncontested mark.

By the time we play the scum, NatRat and Slatts will also come into consideration. What a terrible problem to have!!!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

rockhole wrote:I agree, Filth. Let's get the guns back on the field in the Ones and get some seniors footy into them rather than run around with Bendigo on some paddock. We do not have the luxury of time to ease these guys back through the reserves.

Having said that, this was really tough to determine who goes out to make space.

Fletch, Woosha and Licha for Neagle, Bachar and Zak. Bachar stiff with 26 possessions but he still turns it over more times than is acceptable. I would also consider dropping Hooker who I know has tried his guts out, but the looming game against the scum worries the sh#t out of me and we cannot expect Fev to kick poorly again. Too many times, Cale has been out of position and given up an uncontested mark.

By the time we play the scum, NatRat and Slatts will also come into consideration. What a terrible problem to have!!!!
Houli was out due to a virus.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant